3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Andrew z 25.12.21 09:41 pm

What is the most melodic language?

And beautiful? In your opinion.
78 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hellraiser 25.12.21

Vocaloids, no? did not hear

G
GTAman 25.12.21

hocmun
Judge only by the name?
I judge by the fact that there are heaps of consonants in it, but in general it looks like Russian, which I would not call melodic either.

h
hocmun 25.12.21

V-Nine
Not once an argument. A pile of consonants in every language. For the reason that either Latin or Cyrillic is used, and this is present in both alphabets. Including the same Serbian. I will not speak for oriental languages ​​because I don’t know. It's all about how vowels and consonants are used in consonance. You just have pronunciation and sound. Namely, pronunciation and sound draws the language itself, if I may put it that way

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 25.12.21

V-Nine
When Niko from GTA4 swore in Serbian, it sounded very melodic :)

But in general, IMHO, French is the most melodic, because when pronouncing many words, it seems to "connect", many soft sounds, consonants at the end of words are often pronounced as a consonance vowels. I will not argue about Spanish and Italian, although this is one language group, but English is really more "hard",

T
TTG 25.12.21

Deutsch.

G
GTAman 25.12.21

hocmun A jumble of
consonants in every language.
No. I meant a lot of consonants that follow in a word in a row (as it turned out, in linguistics this is called a confluence of consonants) - this is not typical for every language. In some languages, this is simply not possible, for example, in Hawaiian. This happens in Serbian (a reference example is the phrase "chrli vrh" ("black peak")).

There is such a classification: according to the ratio of the number of vowels and consonant phonemes, languages ​​are divided into vocal and consonant. It turns out that Serbian is vocal (it has 50% of consonant phonemes), and Russian is consonant (82% of consonant phonemes). However, for melody, not only the proportion of vowels in the number of phonemes is important, but also the frequency of open (ending in a vowel) syllables in words. For example, in Italian, open syllables are very common, including final ones (that is, most words end in vowels). In French, by the way, there is no such thing. Perhaps one should distinguish between melody and softness. There are just a lot of soft-sounding consonants in French.

p
pekabir 25.12.21

Chinese

R
Roograx 25.12.21

My favorite is German. It is pleasant to listen to English, but Ukrainian is disgusting. That's how it is :)

L
Le Gaspilleur 25.12.21

Japanese ...
SpoilerGorodova)

T
The dumpling is kind 25.12.21

I like Russian more, everything is somehow balanced in it. I also like Korean and Japanese.

K
KingBaby 25.12.21

cattle tongue

S
Schreps 25.12.21

Gopchansky language, the most beautiful and convincing

J
Jolly_baker 25.12.21

Ukrainian MOV was a beautiful language, until it was artificially pollinated after 91, now it is simply impossible to listen to it

v
vitalya212 25.12.21

For me, so English, French in general I can not stand

h
hocmun 25.12.21

V-Nine
In general, yes, then I agree. If you take it by softness, then I myself once read that Serbian is the most gentle for facial muscles (you do not want to provoke wrinkles) and the hardest English. By the way, at one time I sinned on this parameter in German,

but no) Veselyy_bekar
Who told you this nonsense)) I live in the region where Poland was until 1939 And turn, except for some words that were assimilated to Ukrainian and close to Polish you can not hear. at 91 just do the bullshit, forgive me.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 25.12.21

V-Nine
(that is, most words end in vowels). In French, by the way, there is no such thing.
In French, if a word ends in a consonant, then this does not always mean that they are pronounced. Often, consonants at the end of words are read as consonance of vowels (I wrote above), so I don't see a contradiction in this. We're talking exactly about how they sound, not how they are written.

G
GTAman 25.12.21

Rick Sk1mmer
I know about this, I learned French at school. English is easier, as it seemed to me later at the university. I think I would have taught him at school, now, maybe, I would even have a basic level of command.

r
rPeBoJL 25.12.21