3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
choa 28.12.21 10:46 pm

A guide for weak PCs (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I managed to start and play the Witcher 3 more or less stably on the following PC:
- core i5
- 4 gb ram
- gtx 550 ti

configuration is very weak for the present time and although GTA 5 flies on this conference, the Witcher did not work. After collecting various information on other sites, this is what I came to:

- the settings inside the game are at a minimum. Please note that you should turn off vignetting, including
- turn on the hardware cursor - makes the mouse much smoother
- turn off frame limiting, turn off in-game synchronization

- in the video card settings, set the maximum number of pre-prepared frames to 1
- turn on vertical sync in the same place. Without it, the game will pull up more frames, but imo the game is jerky, falling noticeably from high FPS to low. It's better to always be average than such
jump-jump ) - set the physx processing on the CPU
- after starting the game, set the witcher3.exe priority to high (via the Task Manager)

- install the configuration program from nexus:
www.nexusmods.com/witcher3 / mods / 12
in the program:
- cut off the effect of the frame depth in cut scenes
- set most of the sliders to half the value. For example, if the Grass Density is 800, set 400
- texture size 512
- atlas 1024
- cubic shadow maps 128
- we do not touch the sliders with streaming textures
- the number of dynamic decals is 4 (they are essentially not needed - blood stains on the ground sometimes only interfere with collecting loot)
- ocean tessellation 2
- set the sliders in the SpeedTree section to a minimum

- you can optionally disable music

Testing conducted under a Steam license.
FPS in open spaces was 30-47, which is not bad for the gtx 550 ti, a very old video card that does not even fit the minimum requirements for the game.

The graphon, which turned out after all the gimmicks with the settings:
Spoiler
21 Comments
Sort by:
S
Syndicate 2016 28.12.21

The most powerful PC guide

e
egen inc 28.12.21

already all have passed the game 2-3 times. The author is late.

c
choa 28.12.21

egen inc
well, I still have everything ahead) Perhaps there will be other players with weak PCs who quit the game just because of the slowdown, without figuring out how to fine-tune it as possible.

S
SP-minus 28.12.21

not such a weak computer

S
Shuler73 28.12.21

I play on a laptop i5, 8g, GT555M, without dancing with a tambourine at minimum 50 frames there are + -5 frames

T
Thoothless 28.12.21

CSGAshnik
I do it short:
Everything is ultra and do not worry)

V
Victor Tsoi 28.12.21

choa
And for those who have vidyah on (512mb), is there something similar eh?

-
-Dismal- 28.12.21

Victor coy
has guides on the incentive (Maximum graphics, stable fps, weak PC, for example) very similar to this one but have been hanging for half a year-D

c
choa 28.12.21

Victor coy
I do not know what the main bottleneck ("hard-to-pass part") of the game has. To know, it was possible and to advise. And so - to cut everything to the root but without fanaticism)

c
choa 28.12.21

-Dismal-
many of those guides are written for vidyuh on which the game works fine without tambourines. Xs what those authors wanted to prove with these guides.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 28.12.21

Pentium Dual Core E6800
GTS 450 1 gig of video memory
4 giga operatives I
enjoy the game with small lags, FPS is about 15-25))

-
-Dismal- 28.12.21

choa
They, like you, lay out the configs of their cars, and as above, SP-minus noticed that you have not such a weak computer

h
hoursdragon 28.12.21

To me personally, "core i5" does not say anything due to the lack of frequencies. What's 1.2 or 4.02? And this, his mother, is essential.

c
choa 28.12.21

-Dismal-
guides that I read were sharpened for a slightly different chip, namely how to pull higher settings on a weak computer. In my case, a guide on how to pull out anything at all. The fact that in those articles some of the graphics settings sliders were left on medium or even high already suggests that this is off topic for low end pc.

And my computer is weak. In fact, it is enough to buy a gtx 750 ti and everything will be a bunch. Quite a good card, and the judge by the reviews, the Witcher on it gives out above 40 frames at medium and partially maximum settings, which is cool in itself, considering that this card does not even have additional power, and some of them even go without a cooler (passive cooling) ...

j
jonny-black 28.12.21

choa, and you got to Novigrad? How is it with freezes / FPS and Velena in general?

c
choa 28.12.21

jonny-black,
alas, no. I heard tin in places there. But let's just say, if I get there, I'll have to endure)
Although if the game hooks (while it seems to catch), then maybe I'll just buy a new vidyuhu and that's it)

J
Jeff-xxx 28.12.21

I also advise you to do this:

J
Jeff-xxx 28.12.21

All zeros in this category

j
jonny-black 28.12.21

Jeff-xxx, what does setting these options to zero do?
choa, I played on old patches with settings lowered through the configurator on Athlon X2 250 and GeFORCE 450 GTS. With 2 GB of RAM. Everything was going well, but it was Novigrad that slowed down. Increasing the paging file to 10 GB helped, more - the PC slows down, less - there is no result in the game. It looks like everything depends on the processor and RAM. Write, then, if not difficult, how your game will behave in Velen / Novigrad. Thank you.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 28.12.21

choa
When it rains , you will see all the beauty of Novigrad))