3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dann28 28.12.21 10:58 pm

What to replace the GTX 680 with

On the agenda was the question of replacing the stove.

I collected the computer 5 years ago, so I moved a little away from everything and stopped closely following the news.
Briefly about the system:
Core i7-950
RAM 10GB
PSU for 1200W
Case with good cooling

In general, with our insane prices, I'm thinking of just taking the 690 off my hands, according to tests I see it plugs another 780 into the belt.
It just seems that the 900th series will not pull out the percent.

What do you think the old woman should give up on?
Options less than 4GB and AMD do not offer))
56 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.21

take 690 from my hands,
I have this and it is shit in modern games and it just has less than 4GB.
nonsense. it will draw 980 and titanium x if needed.

d
dann28 28.12.21

MunchkiN 616 is
strange, I looked at the tests and even somehow made sure of the opposite ..

well, even if he pulls out, then there is no wallet))

F
FrankoBlanko 28.12.21

dann28
your percent gtx 960 will definitely pull

i
ilya_postal 28.12.21

dann28
Well, if you have such conditions - 4GB, not AMD, but 980 is too expensive, then you only have a choice of 970 or 980. Or wait for the Pascal architecture.
There is
almost no point in changing the Puralizer 680 to 960.

t
tesla707 28.12.21

a real replacement for the 680 is 970. If from the 700 series, then perhaps the 780Ti. The rest will either be on a par with it, or even give way.

PS: the processor is enough for the eyes. Recently, the replacement of processors (i5, i7) is not at all relevant, because. their power is sufficient for a long time.

R
Red barels 28.12.21

wait for Pascal.

T
TTG 28.12.21

Wait for a 16-nanometer process technology, 4096-bit video memory bus, HBM2, and solutions with 16 GB of video memory. Total coating.

h
helio 28.12.21

The author himself contradicts such requirements, for 780, 780ti 3Gb, 970 3.5GB, 690 generally 2GB, only GTX 980, 980 Ti and Titan remain)))

E
Egik81 28.12.21

I advise you to wait for now, because it's too late to rock the boat. Moreover, it amuses me when they say it will not pull out. If in your game the processor is always 100 percent busy and vidyuha is 50 only then you can say that it will not work. And if your processor in the game is loaded by 50 percent and vidyuha is 100, then the game rests on vidyuha and not on the processor. And you know from me everything that more than the frame rate is a waste of energy .. So far, only one game has been able to load the i7-2600 processor at 90 percent, this is Dungeons 2, but at the same time the old man 6850 was loaded at only 80 percent.

-
-SK.art- 28.12.21

dann28

if the processor is overclocked to 3.8-4.0 GHz, then it will pull out quite a card of the level of GTX 970-980.
It makes sense to change the 680 to a card not lower than the level of 970. It is desirable, of course, to a more powerful one. But there is already a hellish price tag.
If you replace it with 970, you will get an increase of about 50%. And in games where the consumption of video memory is higher than 2 GB, the gain will be even greater.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
none. in stale games where sometimes 200 fps did not notice any delays,
however if it does not pull everything else, not enough CPU memory bandwidth will be like riding a roller coaster. if the memory is full and the bandwidth of the lines is low - the controller will have friezes or loading drake faces.

N
Nehalim 28.12.21

I strongly advise you not to take anything now, but to wait 1 year, when the new architecture will be released and the price will be clear.

b
bloomm 28.12.21

970 from hands for 14-15 ... Perts up to 4ghz finish and norms ...

B
Beirut 28.12.21

dann28
Would you just call the game where your vidyakha does not pull ??? I think if you don’t twist the anti-aliasing on xxxxxx then the 680 will easily drag all modern games, so wait for a vidia with full dx 12 (unless of course this is not a layout like with dx 11)

b
bloomm 28.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
Why do you need to display the processor frequency in the properties?

b
bloomm 28.12.21

Beirut Where were
you brought up with the arrival of Dx 11 in more detail ...

B
Beirut 28.12.21

bloomm
yes easy, the first game where you can see the technology became krayzis 2 (the walls became wretchedly convex) then silence for several years, well, as a result, max that we see it is water and the rays of the sun, etc., although the same halva 2 was water implemented much more realistic (I'm talking about games, not demos), so for 6 years the progress is weak, in many games the inclusion of 11 directives must really look under a magnifying glass +++ do not forget that games for ps come from consoles and at that time they did not support 11, and if the developers screwed it like a whistle for a fake, then it ended up with a non-optimized g

w
warp 37 28.12.21

GTX 970.

B
Beirut 28.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
Of course WoW is not the game where you need to check)))) but just checked dx 11 vs dx 9 the difference in fps is 0 (if you are testing yourself, do not forget that the game sets the settings itself when changing dx) the config is high-ultra.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
I sewed the current p3870 and not for the purpose of overclocking, but for the purpose of repair after overclocking. So I'm not sure that she was like it was sewn. her memory became less, but the artifacts did not disappear, and it may not have been flashed at all.
for the purpose of overclocking - nahrina? utilities can cope with this, and cooling can no longer cope with extreme overclocking. although I like this, nvidia zhydy for some reason forbid my card to squeeze out all the available propeller speed. 5% is certainly not important, but unpleasant.
and I'm not a supporter of overclocking cards. if somewhere the couple does not pull it better to put the second one - replace it. overclocking current video cards, paradoxically, I approve when there are a lot of these video cards in order to bypass the memory bandwidth limit of video cards, because the fps will naturally be high and the card will not run into the texture mathematical part. those fps will rest on the very performance of the platform and internally waiting for the frame.