3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
andreDG 28.12.21 11:08 pm

Spirit of a tree or a witch? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The quest "Maidens of the Forest" is one of those cases when Geralt will have to make an important decision by choosing someone's side. And this decision will certainly have consequences. In the tradition of the entire series, as in life, there are no good and bad options. But you still have to choose and accept the consequences too. So which side would you choose in Geralt's place: witches or the spirit of the tree? And what do you think, what are the consequences of each of the choices.
17 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dirollx 28.12.21

I chose the 2nd option, that is, I freed the spirit of the tree, but I'm afraid that this will not be reflected well on my further walkthrough ...

S
Stink4ka 28.12.21

you choose the spirit you save the children from the village, but the baron's wife dies and the baron also hangs from grief. I think if you choose the witches, the children will die, but the baron and his wife will survive, and there is a guess that when it will be necessary to gather people for the battle in kaer morhen then it is possible will take the baron there too.

121ktsvyv 28.12.21

The spirit is the creator mother of these witches, she is even worse. And then we kill the witches, so it's better to kill the spirit.

A
Angelica04 28.12.21

By the way, yes, there is a book in the game, from it you can find out that this spirit was the mother of these sisters, they killed him and cursed him. She freed the spirit and then wished for it. And the baron died, and the spirit began to kill the peasants. Sorry for him.

D
DryRex 28.12.21

Freed the spirit. I tried both options but stopped there. It's just more interesting. Regarding the Baron and his wife, it’s a pity, no doubt, but you have to pay for your sins. As arrogant as it sounds. The only hope is that his death will not affect the plot later.

j
janna9992008 28.12.21

and this spirit will then help in the final? or after the quest you don't hear anything about him?

A
AlexanderSky 28.12.21

SPOILER!

Saved the spirit of the forest, the baron's wife survived, the kids are alive, he promised the witches that I would come with Ciri and destroy everyone!)

R
RedOwl 28.12.21

Alexander Semenov

How did you do it?

j
janna9992008 28.12.21

RedOwl
you need to go to the spirit before the start of the quest about witches, and not along the quest chain

l
lewe0fun 28.12.21

how you can save children in kindergarten in Novigrad

R
RedOwl 28.12.21

janna9992008
And what happens to the village by the way?

A
AlexanderSky 28.12.21

RedOwl
The village was killed and everyone burned me hahaha)
and I agree with Janna, long before the start of the "Mistress of the Forest" quest, I purely accidentally stumbled upon the Spirit of the Forest, this tree and the voice from it (which scared me to shit), purely from curiosity climbed there to save her, I thought there would be a beautiful harlot girl, but it turned out to be a Horse -_-

K
Klon6969 28.12.21

Alexander Semenov
laughed a lot :))))) colorfully described his adventure :))))

a
apocalyps11 28.12.21

the choice is yours who to help ...
Witches who will increase their sphere of influence on common people or help the druid mother of these witches who killed her as a sacrifice to gain power in the swamps (information about this in the game book called _that who knows_)

e
engel518 28.12.21

Their mother is not a druid at all, but the same relic as they are. And she is an evil spirit, in the same book it is described that because of her Velen almost drowned in blood, so her daughters were killed. After all, if Mara killed everyone, who would supply ears and orphans?

J
Jewelyn 28.12.21

When you speak with the spirit, "it" says what was before the witches and guarded the swamp .... I dared to assume that it was a dryad highlighted, .... well, as the keeper of the lake in the 1st witcher .... only the forest .... and then these 3 lohudras came and insidiously killed her, and since this is a higher being, it is not enough just to kill the body, so they imprisoned her soul in the roots of a tree, (by the way, a reference to Fallout 3), so that she would not be reborn ... well. and began to cover the swamp in their own way ... with sacrifices, eating children, etc.

PS
Well, the main principle of fighters against wickedness is never believe and do not help witches
... in the end, this is a curse on an unfortunate soul, and witchers are fighting this for the good of mankind

A
Adskiy_Perdun228 01.07.22

Stupidly, for the sake of the principle of Geralt, he chose the Spirit, but is it really the principle of the Witcher to kill all Monstros who do not have a reasonable mind (yes, toftology)? And choose between the lesser evil?? . Chose the spirit anyway