3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Moonstorm 05.01.22 02:42 am

Battlefield 3 on Windows XP (Battlefield 3)

If anyone knows, help me start Battlefield 3 on Windows XP.

This is what it writes when it starts (the entry point to the getcurrentprocessornumber procedure was not found in the kernel32.dll dll).

Is there a way to run the game without switching to Windows 7.
87 Comments
Sort by:
D
DROGBA 05.01.22

7 - much more stable

This is just for the schoolchildren and came up with. Especially a lot of controversy arose around the processor, they say, XP lags on multi-core. But the only trick is that I have 4 cores and XP worked as stably as now the Seven. So, we can say that one legend has already been destroyed.

m
mister611 05.01.22

DROGBA
"This is exactly what they thought up for the schoolchildren"

And where does some kind of shkolota have to do with it? I don’t understand your logic at all ... why the hell should I take powerful hardware and be glad that it works on XP? I write my conclusions purely from personal experience. And believe me, I have nothing against XP, I used it initially and was pleased (at work she still plows like a horse), but her time is up. Vista came, I admit it was a heavy OS, but it had its pluses, but when I installed the 64-bit version for the first time and got better at all, I didn’t return to XP (I’ll make a reservation right away, my home computer mainly performs gaming and multimedia tasks). Well, with the release of Win7, I don’t remember anything bad here, after the hard (but still pretty) whist - 7 is just lovely with a gloss. It's all the same as with the arrival of spring to take off a warm but heavy fur coat and put on a light and comfortable windbreaker. Yes, at first there were problems with finding drivers for old equipment under Vista, Yes, the compatibility of programs for it. But with the 7th nothing of this happened, in any case, I did not have such problems. Well, the quality of video and games with each new piece of hardware and technology increases and pleases the eye. The topic is discussed here just on the game portal, respectively, and the choice of OS in it must be approached from this side.

s
shrabigus 05.01.22

You probably wanted to say this about Windows Vista? There is horror! And in Win7, the interface is pleasant and everything is fine with the compatibility of programs ... Uran93 .. Horror in your head with its fantasies, because whist is no different from a serie. I used Vista for almost 4 years, not a single blue screen. I switched to seven, because I had to buy a 64-bit one. And if you put pirates and even on the ancient trash, then these are exclusively your problems and inappropriately multiply the nonsense said in the network by a couple of idiots. I forgot a little, about the interface, you can disbelieve me, but it changes to whatever you want. I have that on whist, that on the seventh interface is classic, like on XP.

D
DROGBA 05.01.22

if you do not see it, then you are simply blind or are engaged in self-deception

Or maybe the changes are just so insignificant that the eye does not notice them? It is you who are engaged in self-deception, I suppose you read that at 7 the quality of the game allegedly improved, put it into your head - and it just really seems to you that with the installation of a new operating system the graphon became much better, well, or something like that. And the shkolota is just despite the fact that only she is being led to all these nonsense. XP completely suits me, I'm not a grafist, so some barely noticeable improvement, if the seven still adds, won't make much of a difference in my life. And in general, my opinion is that if Microsoft would not forcefully force me to switch on new operating systems, then very few people would put it, because. seven, and the same Vista - cheap show-off and stuffing your head with all kinds of self-hypnosis about "significant" improvements in terms of gaming.

So you, dear, overestimate the role of the operating system in the graphic life of the game)

m
mister611 05.01.22

DROGBA
"So you, dear, overestimate the role of the operating system in the graphic life of the game)" - well, that's your opinion. And I think on the contrary, you just underestimate the role of a modern OS with the appropriate hardware for it.

s
shrabigus 05.01.22

DROGBA
I agree that you are not a grapheater, but you and other brainworms would like to ask a question. How does XP communicate with SSD? That is why they are trying to drive you into your most intelligent head that XP for old hardware and "graphon" is not the most important thing here. Moreover, support for this archaism is practically at zero. And you can troll as much as you like.

D
DROGBA 05.01.22

shrabigus
Problems with SSD did not occur to everyone, your smart head somehow, unfortunately, did not take this into account. XP worked like clockwork for me for 9 years on all my computers - and everything was fine.

D
D.Artist 05.01.22

DROGBA
Nobody writes that XP is not stable and dropped every hour,
but you also need to take into account that I have been using the 7th one for the second year now and have
never failed, as well as on XP, it makes sense to stay on
the old operating system if there is an equally stable one, but
newer and more functional?

P
Prais26 05.01.22

D.Artist
Here's about a more functional pzhlst in more detail. Name at least one function that would force you to unconditionally switch to the seven.

D
D.Artist 05.01.22

Prais26
DX10 / 11 here is one of the, also auto drivers for almost
everything that is possible, in XP had to be installed manually,
and you can still make a sickly list, laziness.

U
Uran93 05.01.22

D.Artist
+1
you also forgot to add that all programs are now made for it and for Win8!

PS: if a person likes XP, then he can continue to sit on it, but only then let him not whine on the forums why his games and programs do not start and do not work!

k
kostr184 05.01.22

And I ran it on windows xp sp 3.
And no, this is not a funny joke.
Just a lot of RAM and hard disk space.
The virtual machine is driving! But lays ... Eprst ...

N
Nik0LaI123 05.01.22

Perverts)))

G
GTX_MONSTER560 05.01.22

Prais26
Windows 7 works much better with multi-core processors, RAM supports more than 4 gb and memory works much more stable in 7
Direct X 10/11 support, now all games are done on it and 9 direct x will soon not be available at all

G
GasoLine | GL 05.01.22

Hryusha, stop sitting on your old OS, many users, including me, drove to 7k and switched to it, 8ka is already out, but it's g *, so 7ka is the best option,
pluses:
Windows loads faster
DH10 support, 11
speed
and much more ...

V
Vinni-Pukh 05.01.22

kostr184
You hike fools from the lane, you stoned. How could you run on xp? Unless xp kernel reads dx10-11. And the game simply does not see dx9.

U
Uran93 05.01.22

kostya500
read carefully! on WinXP he fixed up a virtual machine on which he installed Win7 and so played in BF3. masochism is shorter)

kostr184 the
fact that you launched BF3 through a virtual machine does not mean that you launched it on WinXP!

D
Denis Nikonov 05.01.22

If on Windows 7 ALL outdated and old games would work as well as on Windows XP, then XP could be forgotten. Of course, you can forget about outdated and old games, but everyone decides for himself.

T
The_Bulldozer 05.01.22

2 Denis Nikonov

<< If on Windows 7 ALL outdated and old games would work as well as on Windows XP, then XP could be forgotten.
- This is for example ?! My first PE goes smoothly, if it is so ancient that it is under DOS, then here XPi merges - in any case, DosBox is needed.

D
Denis Nikonov 05.01.22

For example, such games are Oni, Rage-Uprising on Kronus, Truckers-2, Age of Empires 2, Sea Titans, etc. Games can and work, but all sorts of glitches appear, errors, etc., wrong colors.
If you google, you can find a lot of complaints on forums like "I switched to seven and such and such a game does not work normally, what should I do?" ...

first RE - what kind of game is this? Full name please and release year.