3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladislav Igorevich 05.01.22 02:55 am

Metal Gear Series (SPOILERS) (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Hello everyone, I apologize in advance for the stupid questions

I was not familiar with the Metal Gear series, but 3 days ago I decided to get acquainted, as a result I looked at a quick review of "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake", at the moment I'm going through Metal Gear Solid (on YouTube). The next game I will already be playing on PC (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty), but the vast majority of games in this series go to the console, since I don't have it - it's hard to thoroughly understand the plot when you watch the walkthrough on YouTube since there is no personal immersion in all this (I have it). I have a couple of questions that I did not understand:

1. Gray Fox.
SpoilerHe was in Africa for reconnaissance, then he disappeared and Solid Snake was sent in his place, Snake somehow found out that Fox joined Big Boss, how did this happen? And in the "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" part, he kind of died (how exactly did he die?), But in "Metal Gear Solid" he again appears in the form of a cyborg (it seemed like they got him half dead, began to experiment and did of it this cyborg).
2. Big Boss
SpoilerInitially he was the main FOXHOUND, but at the end of the very first part he says that he is behind this Metal Gear, then the battle, and after this battle what happened to Big Boss? In the next part, Snake learns from Big Boss that he is his son, how was it? Then again there was a fight and Big Boss died, how exactly did he die?
3. Metal Gear
SpoilerWhy did Big Boss even need him in the 1st part? Why did he create an improved copy of it in the second part? Just wanted to have a powerful weapon and sell it? Or to create a strong army?
Where did Metal Gear come from? It was secretly made by the state, Big Boss wanted something to be created for him, so he stole the scientist? Or did he steal the scientist and just forced him to create this very Metal Gear for himself, and the scientist started to create it from scratch? Or was it somehow different?
Even ask, if possible, not to spoil the next part, but simply to explain why, how and what happened

I'll be watching the passage (or go personally on PC, whenever possible) in this series in this order, if I have something confused or forgotten - Please fix:
Spoiler Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Anyone who can help - I will be very grateful)
4 Comments
Sort by:
t
tovarish comrade 05.01.22

Here for you. All MG and MS2SS plot twists are included.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpO6EUu05J4lzBhR_LkEGZ9_AkdRKPw4C

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpO6EUu05J4mEntg6-828-uNQ4nzY__ZG

s
seregaL 05.01.22

I will try to answer every question, but I do not promise that completely.
1. Gray Fox was initially loyal to BB and therefore joined. He dies during a fight with Solid Snake in a minefield. Then his body is taken by the Patriots and made of him a cyborg, which is already 90% non-human (in my opinion), which is why he is looking for a fight with Solid Snake to feel like a human again (MGS1 events)
2. Big Boss is standing in the head of the Outer Heaven organization, which was created to fight the Patriots. Solid is a son / brother / clone, (whatever), but I am more inclined that he is a son, because his surrogate mother is Eva. Big Boss kills Solid in battle with a flamethrower. (later he was in a coma, he was rebuilt piece by piece from clones. In the end, he died in the arms of Old Solid from foxdai)
3. Metal Gear is needed, as I understand it, again for confronting the patriots
This is a very condensed version, I could miss the small details of the events

ZY Instead of "going through" the first part on YouTube, I could pass it myself, there are 2 versions - The original and The Twin Snakes (the second is on the engine of the second part)

ZZY It's like with Star Wars, first (the main films, and then the prequels), if you want a chronology, then play like this:
Spoiler Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - (1964)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - (1970) Not canon (You can not play, there is no point in it, I was personally convinced)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - (1974)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - (1975)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - (1984)
Metal Gear - (1995)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - (1999)
Metal Gear Solid - (2005)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - (2007)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriors - (2014)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - (2018) )

Y
Your Hair is Beautiful 05.01.22

Stenos
2018 is the time of the game, not its release date.

S
Stenos 05.01.22

Yin-Ro-Gan
Sorry, already understood)