3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Paul Atreides 06.01.22 11:40 pm

Hanging with rattling sound (Metro 2033)

Hanged up with a rattling sound after almost 3 hours of playing. My computer is a GTX 780, intel i-7 4770, 16 GB RAM, SSD, etc. Firewood 320.48. Of course, I twisted everything to max, direct 11. In principle, it went smoothly without brakes. I think my config is enough for maximum settings. What could be the problem? By the way, I passed it 3 years ago on an old computer at minimum salaries and with healthy brakes, but without a single departure and freezing.
5 Comments
Sort by:
M
Migel Gross 06.01.22

Paul Atreides
Can the iron fail? Was it once? If it repeats itself in the future, then the problem is most likely in the gland. Maybe I’ll say stupidity, but couldn’t it be that the hardware is too powerful and too new. Or are the drivers too fresh and does it make sense to install the old ones? Well, that is, the drivers for the officially supported video cards from the time the game came out. Now I looked at the settings in my game. They are at the High level, direct X is also 11th. The game may not go very smoothly, but without brakes and never freezes or crashes, although my computer is weaker than yours and my resolution is 1360x768. Another question. How is Last Light going? Were there any similar problems with him? In general, there can be many problems. Maybe the registry needs to be cleaned. It may be necessary to disable one or two processor cores, although this is unlikely. And what is Windows? Some on the internet write that the Metro runs better on XP than on the 7.

P
Paul Atreides 06.01.22

Migel Gross
Everything may be, it would be silly to argue. The new Metro was held on the old computer in the spring without any problems (of course, at minimum salaries), and the optimization is much better in it. On the new one I played it for a short time - an hour and a half (it was going fine, everything was on max) and it's too early to judge. Playing on XP is not an option. dx 11 cannot be turned on. The new computer is 7 maximum. The computer is less than a month old, so the registry is not dirty yet. Three posts above the person also had troubles on new firewood, but to be honest, he was reluctant to shaman with them because of one game. I'll try on dx 10. Anyway, thanks for your participation. And the game is certainly super, like Anabiosis, and it is optimized just like it is bad.

S
Stinger_Max 06.01.22

Paul Atreides
You make a strange sound? I just rummaged through YouTube and found such a video. There one says that it is a virus.

P
Paul Atreides 06.01.22

Brock Samson
Your video is silent, only some red flashes. I did not write that the sound is strange. It's drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr This happened on my old computer, if the firewood did not fit the games, only there, after the freeze, the computer rebooted, and in this case it hung tight.

V
Vladislav97 06.01.22

If this happens on a system unit, then I will not be able to help or explain, but if on a laptop I know an explanation for this.