3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chukchi in the tent 09.01.22 10:16 pm

Questions that torment after GameOver (The Talos Principle)

As a matter of fact, not being a fan of portal-like games, I’m unlikely to go through everything new or study video tutorials.
Nevertheless, it would be curious to find out - why do we need a prism in a secret cave at the level of Egypt, for which you can use a retro-pixel sword in the Middle Ages and give a kitten only if Shepard survives (he just always dies for me because he played a pirate)?
3 Comments
Sort by:
O
Orlean01 09.01.22

These are all Easter eggs, of which there are a lot in the game. Well, if you look at these things from the perspective of a character, you can explain this by the fact that virtual reality was the engine of a certain MMO game, plus the presence of numerous bugs and holes in the reality projection system.

C
Chukchi in the tent 09.01.22

But Easter eggs must have some kind of decryption? Let us say not "universal" - explaining what exactly happened, but at least simply pointing to the source of the Easter egg, but in an obvious way?
Here in the same Witcher - Defensive Magic Regulator and Global Unlocking of Gottfried - briefly and clearly. In theory, it should be no worse here?

S
Skaary 09.01.22

Chukchi in a tent
But Easter eggs must have some kind of decryption?

This. Easter eggs are a secret from the developer: a reference to another game or a banal (read meaningless) joke that simply has no place in the game itself.