3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 13.01.22 10:02 pm

PC Impressions (God of War (2018))

coming out very soon, please share your opinions.
74 Comments
Sort by:
x
xXxMoRpHiUsxXx 19.01.22

Played for a little over an hour. Right after the first fight with Baldr.
I like it. The picture is beautiful. Nothing twitches. I have 1060.

And of course the voice acting is a masterpiece. No adaptation. Only original.

R
RGC 19.01.22

Camera control with the mouse is broken, the feeling that the game emulates the stick of the controller. I made a refund, they apparently hit their heads to release a port on a PC with a broken keyboard control and ask for 3k for it

G
GuyverDark 19.01.22

Everything is fine with the controls ... The game feels great as a clave-mouse and joy. Top notch optimization. Everyone who is too lazy to get into the settings can really face problems in managing even on joe. I have been playing for 83 minutes so far I have not encountered any inconvenience. (lower the sensitivity of the mouse as well as the camera, and turn off auto run. The latter really gives the feeling that Kratos was kicked while moving forward.)

S
Slowery 19.01.22

Great port with good optimization.
Control on the keyboard is quite normal, you just need to choose the sensitivity for yourself.
Gamepad DS4 was determined immediately.
At 1660, 35-45 fps is average at max settings.
Lowered it to high with maximum textures and got a quiet 60 fps (with very rare drops to 50-55).

F
Fox534 19.01.22

I got to Brock - GTX 980 4 GB AMD FX 8350 SSD 32 RAM - on medium with shadows on the minimum, FPS does not feel below 45. FidelityFX did not include, I do not see the need. Optimization is more than likely due to the lack of an open world. With Horizon Zero Dawn, on the same medium, my build could barely cope. Management also pleased, I prepared a joystick, but after reassigning several commands and hanging a couple of actions on the side mouse buttons, I refused the gamepad. In short, a great port.

X
XOPSS 19.01.22

I ran half an hour for an hour - the optimization is excellent. But, on the keyboard, it is much less convenient than on the joystick. Especially further in the game there will be, as I remember, chests with runes according to timings - I doubt that it will be possible to adequately do what is needed there.
According to the PC version itself - I launched the game in parallel on PS5 (an improved version of the game) and everything on the PC to the maximum - there was no difference from the word at all. If on the same day Ghana - the difference was sooooo noticeable, then not here. But in general - an excellent port from the console, but not ideal (control on the keyboard)
Shl. Well, trouble with the assignment of keys. Not everything can be assigned to those that I want. Mb of course it's because of the pirates. I’ll buy the game in a year for the collection, although it’s already on the PS

G
Goroooo001 19.01.22

After a few hours of playing GOW gobbled up all the RAM (12 out of 16GB) does everyone have such a zhor?
There is no open world, there is no huge number of interactive objects, why does he need so much RAM?

N
Nikita Aboimov 19.01.22

R7 2700
16 gb
Flight normal picture compared to 4 slim curler will be stable without friezes gives 50-60 frames possibly more fps the monitor does not want to show for some reason Fps as well as the built-in program from nvidia firewood may need to be updated xs, but otherwise I will pass again with pleasure!

s
sobakovod 19.01.22

Especially today there was no time to play, so I turned it on just to watch for ten minutes. Until the moment when they went to the deer. I will not rate the game by the first ten minutes. I will write simply what I saw during this time. The first thing that caused a smile was how he chopped down a tree and, for some reason, shouted.
Second, he cut down a tree thicker than himself. Freshly cut, this thick, it would weigh about a ton. It is clear that he is healthy, he lifted him on his shoulder. But when he went out with this tree to the bridge, where the boat was tied up, I thought these boards would break under him. But it worked out.
On a rowing boat, he taxis like on a motor boat.
When the boy went into the house, we hear someone chopping wood, but when we refuse on the street, we see that the funeral pyre is made of logs, maximum as thick as an arm. Where that thick log went is not clear.
Then the boy takes a knife from his mother, which is red-hot, while the mother has not even begun to darken. This is such a fireproof woman.
Considering that for the past three years I have only heard that God of war is the best game of all time, the beginning looks a little unsettling.

23hudo 19.01.22

Everything is fine, only g sync works clumsily. The frames are smoothed, but the screen is periodically torn.

L
Listoman 19.01.22

A boring game with a disgusting combat "calling a crowd of opponents with 2 hits", took it for 0 rubles, but even so there is a lot of it + the port is clumsy and even without full-screen mode)

t
torn22 19.01.22

Yes, the game is so-so, it’s a corridor, the voice acting is cool, the battles are so-so, monotonous, the dialogues are long, you can’t miss them, the control of the
norms from the keyboard, played for 2 hours, who knows, maybe it will drag on further😁

B
Beirut 19.01.22

It's just a typical console movie with breaks to call mobs and run back and forth in the gut.
Play only easy-medium, otherwise you’ll just get tired
The port itself raises questions:
the API is only a full-fledged dx 12 (what’s the problem with adding 11 and a volcano?)
Typical port problems are the draw distance, lack of FOV and other things, of
course, MB will fix everything with patches or by the forces of fans and it would be possible turn a blind eye to this
BUT a four-year-old game is being sold at FULL PRICE
and if you are selling at full price, then please bring the port to the ideal and throw in at least some new content.

l
look look 19.01.22

Beirut
is a port of the game and not a new game or additions) chic optimization)) chic music, graphics, plot

P
Pavlo1983 19.01.22

The game started up perfectly, the optimization is not even cool on my budget PC, but the game itself hasn’t hooked on the gameplay yet, most likely the reason is that I haven’t played the early parts and nothing is clear here yet. Why does Kratos and his son live in this wilderness? Why did the boy's mother die? Who is this weird dude that attacked Kratos? Why do they even have to go to some mountain? In general, it’s not clear at all, they would make some kind of global screensaver explaining what is happening here in general, or something). I hope that it will be interesting further and the game will answer my questions.

C
Cexmet 19.01.22

I played a couple of hours in GOW for free and did not understand why such a wild price tag is definitely not bad, but if I paid that kind of money for it, I would be disappointed

v
vip291993 19.01.22

I say right away, I am relatively familiar with the series. For who is not familiar with it at all since the time of the popularity of exclusives on consoles? So, like a true PC-boyar, he waited. My impressions of the game, with these PC configurations (see screenshot), given that I just started playing, are generally positive.
Although something in the game began to annoy me a little since launch. Perhaps, given the requirements of the game, the problem may be that my processor is weaker than necessary. In general, the game slows me down noticeably. Not to say that it’s completely critical (if you don’t count the fights), but it’s annoying. By default, the game settings I had were Medium, I set it to Low, it became a bit better. However, all the same, the game freezes even during the study and in battle, otherwise in general, everything is ok.
Perhaps this is also due to the FPS, however, I think it is unlikely. In general, it plays quite normally, but you can get used to the friezes. The only truth that I don’t really like is the throw of the ax, which for some reason was assigned to Ctrl (at the same time, it seems to be on the left, if I don’t confuse it), and it’s not very convenient to aim. No, you can get the hang of it, but it would be better if the throw was switched to RMB, for example, while holding down the mouse button.

P.S. Oh, by the way, if that's what has become more infuriating in games lately, then this is Blur. It hits my eyes very hard, even considering that I have 100% vision. Well, if you can disable this in games, and in some they shove this ... let's put it mildly - "technology", practically - by force.

UPDATE: I already fought with the Troll and the Outsider, and at the same time - completely without freezes. It looks like it only hangs in some places and that's it.

t
tango7 19.01.22

Didn't like it. Of course, I understand that they put marks here, but to write for the sake of pluses "Oh, what a game!" I won't.
And it's stupid to downvote me for my opinion.
I played on YouTube for about 20 minutes, together with Shimoro, but I didn’t master the video until the end. Usually, even a turkey rotten video is fun to watch and you immediately want to buy it. But this "masterpiece" frankly caused a yawn. I will not describe the subjective general impressions.
And if you analyze it objectively, in detail, then you didn’t like the pathos of the plot, which does not work. Some kind of feigned sadness, overpowering, feigned severity and danger (we will return to the topic of feigned danger).
I did not like the combat and the meager variety of enemies. Not bad. But not even good, for a game that many call a masterpiece. Masterpiece? Seriously? And how long ago did 2-3 hit animations and an ax throw in 2022 begin to be called a masterpiece?
Go ahead.
There is no level design at all. Direct narrow corridors without variability, I remember it was still on PS1 and then it was considered normal, now it looks boring, there is not even an illusion that the world around is big and voluminous, the game does not hint that you can go anywhere if you wish, but you it’s just that you don’t need to go there and you have to move forward.
On the contrary, the corridor in the game is pronounced, like in the subway, someone can get claustrophobia, and the player has only one way forward - a step to the left, a step to the right - a wall.
Well, the creative impotence of the developers and the blunders associated with it.
This is when the troll got out and grabbed the deer.
Here we are back to the topic of feigned danger.
Firstly, it looks rather comical how the kid "tanks" the troll. That is, for GG, 2-3 blows with a log are enough for death, and the kid calmly takes a dozen and does not frown, after which all the pathos and serious cabbage soup of the previous cut-scene come to naught.
Secondly, the developers were frankly too lazy to make a normal room design, because the kid could stay upstairs on the ledge, and only GG would fall down to the troll, so the kid could calmly shoot from above, but he wouldn’t get hit by a log, and it wouldn’t destroy an idea with a distraction for arrows.
Well, actually, I’m sure that if I had continued to watch this wonderful game, I would have found a bunch more facepalm moments without searching, they would have caught my eye like this one.
But I couldn't watch. Boring. Tightened. Not interested. Trite.
The verdict is an ordinary average game for fans of spinal gameplay.
But certainly not a masterpiece.

d
doshirak11 19.01.22

3080Ti 5900x, the game is running as it should, I played this masterpiece back in 2018, went through 2 times, knocked out platinum, dreamed of a port on the PC because the proshka pulled either resolution or dynamic 40-50fps with soap, I waited, I'm delighted !

P
Protocol10 19.01.22

The game is TOP, 10 out of 10 clearly, an absolute masterpiece. In 4k HDR, the graphics are the bomb. There are no cons. This is the first game where I did not see any cons.