3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 14.01.22 10:26 pm

The Witcher 3 and DX12 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I have such a question, I have not found an answer anywhere, and I'm tired of breaking my head. I have a graphics card that supports DX12 and Windows 7 doesn't support it. I heard in recent news that The Witcher 3 will still support DX12, and that's what I don't understand. Will it support DX12 at launch, or will it be added over time? Or perhaps I can now upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and play The Witcher 3 in DX12 from day one? I also heard that Windows 10 will officially start somewhere in the middle of summer and only in the summer the seven can be upgraded to ten, or can everything be done today, right now for example? Who thinks about this.
78 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya233 14.01.22

They said that over time they will add, if necessary. Focus on DX11 krch, for now)

A
ArsenyPestr 14.01.22

The developers said that they will add support for DX12 only after the release of Windows 10

F
FIL. Just FIL 14.01.22

Wait for the release of dozens

S
Slonvprotivogaze 14.01.22

ArsenyPestr
and that's not accurate)

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

Podvipodvertov
You can upgrade now, but... is it worth it?????? Ten Wait is not stable, often falls. besides, antivirus programs do not support it now. The system itself is very convenient ... I'm testing it on a virtual machine. But, it's raw. I'm not sure that the video card drivers will become correct. I would advise you to install Windows 8.1 for a year and a half. It will also support DX12 when it comes out. But it’s better to put the top ten in a year and a half, when most of the tanks are cleaned

c
china777 14.01.22

Podvipodvertov
There are no cards yet that are hardware capable of full DX12 support - even though they write on the boxes ...
Even GTX 9xx and AMD R9 series cards are not capable of full DX12 support Read it
: http://nvworld.ru/news/2015 /01/28/

c
china777 14.01.22

"install Windows 8.1. It will also support DX12"
SwedovSandr
Where does this info come from???

S
StalkerVirys 14.01.22

As I understand it, he will only support it in such a way that it would start and work stably. there will be no graphics

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

china777
I don't remember... I read it on someone's website. Why be surprised? vosmerka is an excellent system... I've been working on it for two years - it flies like a swallow... Why shouldn't it support DX12??

A
Andrey Andreev is just a 14.01.22

During today's press conference titled Windows 10: The Next Chapter, Microsoft officially confirmed that the forthcoming DirectX 12 graphics API will indeed be exclusive to Windows 10 users only. In other words, owners of personal computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 on board will have to take advantage of Microsoft's offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free within one year of the release of the next version of this operating system in order to take advantage of DirectX 12.

M
MunchkiN 616 14.01.22

dx12 while the current is planned for windows 10
whether support for dx12 by analogy with dx11 and vista is not known yet,
windows 10 has not yet been released. there is only its test build.
support for dx12 was promised to be delivered later. when they didn’t say so it’s not a fact that directly with the release date of the new Windows.
it most likely will not bring any special graphon, therefore it is a question of little importance.

f
febll 14.01.22

MunchkiN 616
That's right, at best there will be an increase in FPS.

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

DirectX 12. just another bait for our money... just like it was with DirectX 11 Isn't it clear??

M
MunchkiN 616 14.01.22

SwedovSandr
well, at dx11, they washed down a lot of thin tessellation and additional smoothing and filtering. even I would say a graphon jump as when going from dx8-9 shm2.0 immediately to 3m. Avot dx10, for all its revolutionary nature, turned out to be zilch. in games, it was not used to the full extent as dx9a-v.
so there is a sense from it. but dx12 still looks strange to the truth.

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

MunchkiN 616
Well, they promise an increase in performance and a reduction in the load on video card processors... they say that they have eliminated the shortcomings of the 11th version...
And now think about it, couldn't these shortcomings have been eliminated at the beginning of the release of DX11??? The people have drawn cards, so what?? now let's burn them, because they don't have DX12 support. Isn't this a money grab?? They removed the shortcomings 5-12 months after the release of version 11... it was simply not profitable to report about it then, they had to sell cards with DX11. THIS IS ALL THE MATTERS

M
MunchkiN 616 14.01.22

SwedovSandr
dx11, as far as I remember, appeared quite a long time ago. somewhere at the turn of the 9-10th year and, in turn, it is based on dx10, so I think the reason why they could not add and modify the functions of the 11th to the modern 12 is quite obvious. The 12th itself was also developed a long time ago. however, something probably prevented it from being released along with windows 8. that's how things are.
and windowsoft should sell new windows. therefore, gamers are brought up with new api with a new Windows.
and to the fact that shcha pozony bought 970-980, this must be philosophically related. look how cool were 280 zhyforsy 4870s radeons and sets of them. however, with the new api, they have become useless. the same happens with thetans -3 and other cards. namely, the shm model has not yet been announced, I don’t know anything about it. therefore, I don’t see the point in arguing about when the maps of current generations are.

C
Caine66 14.01.22

SwedovSandr I don't remember... I read it on someone's website.
I don't remember... the neighbor said :-)
...not a lot.
??????

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

Caine66
Found a "neighbor" especially for you

NVIDIA will provide DX12 support in all Microsoft operating systems. Today, over 70% of gaming PCs support DX11. NVIDIA will support the DX12 API on all DX11-capable GPUs shipped to the market (GPUs based on the Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell architectures). With over 50% market share of NVIDIA in DX11 based gaming systems (65% in the case of discrete graphics), NVIDIA alone will be able to provide game developers with access to most of the potential users of the new API.
http://www.nvidia.ru/object/blog-nvidia-directx-12-ru.html

At least 8 will definitely support DX12

[
[X-EcUt] 14.01.22

DX12 is still very raw...

S
SwedovSandr 14.01.22

[X-EcUt]
Of course... just like windows 10/ Therefore, I advise you to wait a year and a half, if you do not want a headache from glitches and crooked lines