3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Redanian_ 15.01.22 12:16 am

Kovir and Povvis (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Guys, I'm a little confused. The North is at war with Nilfgaard, Temeria is defeated, Kaedwen is in the same situation. There is panic in Aedirn, only Redania is in a comfortable position, but it can still lose the war, it depends on Geralt. So, why does Kovir remain neutral? After all, if Redania also falls, then the empire will expand greatly, and there Kovir is within easy reach. Yes, so far Kovir is the most powerful northern kingdom, but it seems to me that for the time being.
34 Comments
Sort by:
i
icebear2 15.01.22

Read the book and you will know.

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

icebear2
Which particular book deals with the issue that interests me? As far as I know, the franchise consists of several books.

K
Kelluin 15.01.22

Redanian
read everything, it won't hurt

B
Bogovix 15.01.22

Redanian
The books say that they have a LOT of money and can easily hire professional mercenaries, and they already did this when Redania and Kaedwen attacked them together.

P
Putnik_Dirar 15.01.22

The topic of Kovir is almost not revealed, even in books, except that it is an economically and militarily developed country and that the lodge of sorceresses staked on it as the future empire of the north, as opposed to Nilfgaard. And the reason for neutrality is as simple as it is incomprehensible - the king of Kovir will remain neutral until he smells burnt, because he is not going to violate agreements with Emhyr because of fear alone. Perhaps in the 4th part we will see some kind of development of events in this section, because in the end Nilfgaard will reach his territory.

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Putnik 22
I doubt that the fourth part will see the light of day, because the Poles are busy filing the third witcher, creating a large-scale DLC for it and developing Cyberpunk. Too bad, I would really like to see Kovir from the inside.

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Putnik 22
Although maybe in a couple of years they will make a big addition, in the form of new locations and quests. Perhaps the events will take place in the Carpet.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 15.01.22

Redanian
Well, CDPR said that only the story of Geralt ended, and not the whole universe. So there will be something else.

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Putnik 22
Well, Geralt's story is over, then Leto's story could be shown.

F
Flow4Master 15.01.22

I wonder how they will show the story of Lethe, even if in the ending of part 2, by default, he is considered dead (killed by Geralt).

C
Ch1ll1W1ll1 15.01.22

Flow4Master
Prequell as an option

B
Bupycop 15.01.22

Flow4Master
No way, because "Redanets" blurted out without thinking...

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Flow4Master
Firstly, the name "Leto" is not declined, at least in Russian. Secondly, it is possible to describe events from the life of Leto before the incidents that happened in Loc Muinne.

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Bupycop
Are you familiar with this outlandish term: "Prequel"?

E
Eagle387 15.01.22

Bogovix
Plus it's some character from the game talking. (Triss like)

W
Wattgern 15.01.22

Let's say everything is clear with Kovir. But Povvis, who depends on the whims of his neighbor Kovir, financially helped the north in the previous war. Perhaps even now it will not remain indifferent.

K
Kahran Ramsus 15.01.22

Gwienbleid3
Kovir and Powiss are one state with one ruling monarch :) Just like Lyria and Rivia are also one state.

r
ronin991 15.01.22

Redanian
at the carpet with Nilfgard I don’t remember exactly, but something like a union

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

ronin991
Most likely they have an economic union.

W
Wattgern 15.01.22

KoranRazmus
At that time Dijkstra borrowed from Kovir, although secretly of course. Maybe it will help at this moment, if it helped once, despite the fact that even then they had an alliance with the Nilfs.