3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Redanian_ 15.01.22 12:16 am

Kovir and Povvis (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Guys, I'm a little confused. The North is at war with Nilfgaard, Temeria is defeated, Kaedwen is in the same situation. There is panic in Aedirn, only Redania is in a comfortable position, but it can still lose the war, it depends on Geralt. So, why does Kovir remain neutral? After all, if Redania also falls, then the empire will expand greatly, and there Kovir is within easy reach. Yes, so far Kovir is the most powerful northern kingdom, but it seems to me that for the time being.
34 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bupycop 15.01.22

Redanian
A sign, but this does not mean that the next part of the witcher will be about "Summer", there is not a single hint of this, so these are just your guesses, with the same success you can make the next part about almost any character, be it Lambert , Eskel, Vesemir, Ciri and a bunch of others, why did you decide that it would be Summer?

R
Redanian_ 15.01.22

Bupycop
Yes, where did you get the idea that I decided that the game will be about Summer? It's just one of the options.

K
Kahran Ramsus 15.01.22

Gwienbleid3
Dijkstra came to Esterad Thyssen, who is "suddenly" the king of Kovir and Powiss, but Thyssen did not give him money, because of the neutrality pact concluded with Nilfgaard. Instead, he "leaked information" about trading companies that were based in Novigrad with the participation of Nilfgaardian merchants. On these companies, Redania made some money, so the Nilfs practically sponsored the enemy army.

C
CRASHBULLET 15.01.22

KoranRazmus
That's actually the answer to the question posed, strictly according to the canon, according to the book))

K
KOC 15.01.22

In general, the game has a book that answers this question. I don’t know how canonical it is, but it says that Kovir is obliged to remain neutral, due to some historical events.

D
Daniil Gredin 15.01.22

KOC
Well, as far as I remember, he was a vassal for some time and really was obliged to remain neutral, but then he turned from a weak vassal into a powerful independent empire that simply did not want to fight with anyone, because there the standard of living is already the highest in all over the book world. Well, because of their economic power, which is perhaps higher than all other states combined, no one simply could fight with them.

t
tiv333 15.01.22

Redanian
Rereading the saga, I came across just the right passage, which tells about Kovir - "Tower of the Swallow" Chapter 8, if interested

W
Wattgern 15.01.22

Yes, I messed up, my cant, I read it for a long time. But it doesn't change the essence. Help was. At least like this. So there is still hope that Kovir will not remain indifferent.

-
-dismal- 15.01.22

Redanian omg

show the story of Leto, but isn’t his story revealed or are you interested in the process of becoming a future killer before the deal with Emhyr, after Geralt to play for this pile of meat that, for personal gain, can easily cut out his recent allies (Kiaran’s detachment, for example) .. .no, if you please.

W
Wattgern 15.01.22

It is known that witchers and sorcerers cannot have children, but there are exceptions like Geralt, because he is the son of the sorceress - Spring. This I mean, Geralt could have had a son, with his adventures. So his son could be a worthy replacement in the following games.

M
Mad_est 15.01.22

Hmm, I'm wondering, why do some here bet on the victory of the nilfs in the war? Without Geralt's intervention, they simply lose. And if you choose Dijkstra as the ruler, I think the blacks will be very thoughtful in order to attack the north again.
Gwienbleid3
Geralt can't have children, even if he's the son of a sorceress. If among sorceresses there is such an exception as Visenna, then among witchers there are no such exceptions. At least, the books do not describe such a case. But everything, as they say, is at the discretion of the CD Project.

A
Alex4Mk 15.01.22

Redanian
In book history, very little is told about the kingdom of Kovir and Powiss. You can read a brief history of the Witcher series on my blogs. The books mention in passing the help to the Northern Kingdoms during the Second War with Nilfgaard.

M
Mad_est 15.01.22

Putnik 22
One person, at the right time and in the right place, can change the world. (c)
But seriously, it is unlikely in terms of numbers, the north is seriously inferior to the south. Emhyr, of course, sowed confusion by killing two kings. But this, as it turned out, did not prevent Radovid or Dijkstra from defeating Emhyr, while having fewer troops. So yes, without Geralt intervening at the right moment - Emhyr loses. You can not talk about books in general, because they are over. History is now being written by the SD Project.

M
Mad_est 15.01.22

Putnik 22
Purely in terms of the game, it already depends on the player who impresses him more. And as for the continuation, I think the developers will simply not take into account the endings. They will leave everyone in their places and everything, limited only to an entry in the glossary, they say: "there was a war and all that." Your idea about new regions is very likely.