3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anton-Tokha 15.01.22 11:40 pm

Favorite Island (Grand Theft Auto 4)

Which island do you like best?
29 Comments
Sort by:
-
-Rick Sk1mmer- 15.01.22

GTAman
Small (compared to the mainland) areas of land, surrounded on all sides by water.
Hmm, in general I agree, but the question arises, then the port in Los Santos is also attributed to the islands, or what? Somehow unusual all the same.

S
Stinger_Max 15.01.22

GTAman
And now tell me, do the developers themselves call their "archipelago" an archipelago or is it still a city?

g
gtaman 15.01.22

Brock Samson
And now tell me, do the developers themselves call their "archipelago" an archipelago or is it still a city?
There is no mention of the archipelago, because pretend the city is not on islands in the middle of the ocean, but is similar to New York. But why should this prevent us from discussing the city in a way that is convenient?

Rick Sk1mmer
the port in Los Santos is also attributed to the islands or what?
Oh sure.

S
Stinger_Max 15.01.22

GTAman
No, what are you. Once it's all about convenience. And then everything could go to other extremes.

S
SA Pr0 15.01.22

GTAman
Port is built on the rocks, there is no island there.

g
gtaman 15.01.22

Brock Samson
And then everything could go to other extremes.
And this is not an extreme. We are simply describing what is, not what is supposed to be.

SA_Pr0
The port is built aground, there is no island there.
He's surrounded by water, that's enough.

-
-Rick Sk1mmer- 15.01.22

SA_Pr0
No, no, GTAman noticed almost correctly, though with a few reservations.
If you believe the wiki, then the port in the LAN is:
"An artificial island is a stationary hydraulic structure in an open water area (in the seas, lakes, rivers), built from bottom and coastal soils, natural and artificial ice, rock fragments, stone, etc. [1]. Artificial islands are created by man, not by nature. Artificial islands do not have the status of islands and do not have a territorial sea, an exclusive economic zone and a continental shelf. "
It turns out, nevertheless, this is an island, even if it does not have an official status, heheh.

g
gtaman 15.01.22

Artificial islands do not have the status of islands
Yes, it turns out that this is noted in paragraph 7 of Article 60 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea.

M
MC Homeboy 15.01.22

Upper Algonquin. I feel at home there.