3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Serpico86 16.01.22 12:02 am

Where did the gnomes (dwemer) disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Where and why did the Dwemer (gnomes) disappear?
114 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rold 16.01.22

oh, I remember exactly how the archmage in Vivec asked me to solve this problem, but I usually killed him without telling him.
Uncle Dan
were they human-sized, in Morrowind there are ghosts in the ruins, and they are the size of a Bosmer.

but in general, everyone who is not sure about the elfism of the Dwemer, MER = ELF.

_
_unclefucker_ 16.01.22

DarthHerohito
lurkodrocher DETECTED!

V
Vladimir Lem 16.01.22

What are you arguing about... =)
In Morrowind it is clearly written how they disappeared.
It is said that the Dwemer unearthed a special crystal under the Red Mountain (the heart of the god Lorkhan, who had long played in the box). After such a wonderful find, they were on fire with ideas to make their already progressive race even a little more progressive (although their best scientists warned that this could end oh so badly).
As a result, the master Kagrenac forged 3 tools, which they called the tools of Kagrenac. With their help, it was possible to completely irretrievably steal megatons of magical power from the heart, which, in general, the gnomes did in the Battle of Red Mountain.
But, alas, things didn't quite go according to plan... Instead of using the power of the heart in the name of sawing out enemies, they sawed themselves out in a hurry.
The question of where they have gone is certainly relevant. The option that they went to another dimension is interesting, but there is one thing. Witnesses of the battle under the mountain did not tell that the dwarves disappeared somewhere abruptly, but that they simply crumbled to dust before their eyes (read "The Tools of Kagrenac" and "The Battle of the Red Mountain" from Morrowind).
As a result, the option with the complete destruction of their race seems more plausible, due to the misuse of the notorious tools.

PS There was also an option that they flew somewhere on their mechanisms, perhaps even to other worlds ... I agree, any opinion has the right to be, but it's worth remembering that all their equipment (even if you forget about huge technical progress) is purely steam.
A logical question - is it possible to whistle into space on a steam locomotive?

K
KAIN tHe FirsT VamPirE 16.01.22

I'm 100% sure that the Daedra are involved here. Sometimes I load the game and something like: Dwemer laughing at the Daedra or something like that

M
Migg 16.01.22

If anyone is interested, the last living dwarf in the world, infected with corprus, was in Morrowind in the hospital (corprusarium) of Divayta Fir from the House of Telvani. There he is met by the protagonist of Morrowind in the process of finding a cure for corprus.

C
Corewood 16.01.22

The Dwemer are an ancient race of elves. I read it in a book.

G
GoodDanis 16.01.22

Dwemer are gnomes! But judging by the ruins, something is not clear, the shelves in them are for giants! yyy...

i
ilinor 16.01.22

you can get into space even on a broom, if there is magic.
especially as boundless as the heart of Lorkhan.
I don't think the devs in the DLC will reveal this secret. and so yes, perhaps the plot of the next or even further part.

D
Demolir 16.01.22

Vladimir Lem
that all their equipment (even if you forget about huge technical progress) is purely steam
No, Dwemer technology is a symbiosis of magic and technical developments. Even the Dwemer centurions used not only steam, but also magical energy. There was also a mention that even the souls of the Dwemer controlled the highest centurions ...

Migg
If anyone is interested, the last living gnome in the world infected with corprus was in Morrowind in the hospital (corprusarium) of Divayta Fir from the House of Telvani
Are you, sir, no books read? After the events of the Red Year, there are no more hospitals for the sick of the flesh ... And Yagrum Bagarn most likely died a heroic death.

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 16.01.22

Yagrum Bagarn most likely died a heroic death.

Not sure. Tel Fir is not so close to the mountain. Besides, Divayt is not a helpless old man.

Dwemer are gnomes!

They are elves :)

B
Bianor 16.01.22

Vladimir Lem
Witnesses of the battle under the mountain did not tell that the dwarves disappeared somewhere, but that they simply crumbled to dust before their eyes (read "Kagrenac's Tools" and "Battle at the Red Mountain" from Morrowind).
In the Dwemer ruins under Mournhold, at every step you can stumble upon heaps of Dwemer ashes in the places where they were caught by the catastrophe - on benches, chairs and beds.

D
Demolir 16.01.22

Tel Fir is not so close to the mountain

. Well, maybe the lava would not have reached the island, but earthquakes and tsunamis are quite ...

w
werdry 16.01.22

and you can also stumble upon heaps of Dwemer ashes and their other remains where I walked)))
to the question of Dwemer spirits and a stump on a steam spider from the sea

M
Makro Pony vas Equestria 16.01.22

werdry What makes
you think that these are heaps of Dwemer ashes? O_o

P
Professor2.8 16.01.22

By the way, yes, an interesting question. And another good question: why are their ruins and cities mostly located in the north rather than in the south? And here's another question - the Ayleids ... I doubt that they were limited to the territory of the future Cyrodiil, which means they should be in Skurim as well. And one more thing... after that oblivion madness in the fourth TES, deirdras should at least occasionally meet.

M
Makro Pony vas Equestria 16.01.22

Proffessor2.8
Because they lived in Morra, Skyrim and Hammerfell, and mostly along the northern borders. Deidra meet in temples. The Ayleids may not have reached Skyrim, but only in the center and south of Tamriel

K
Kara Timy 16.01.22

They disappeared because they wanted to get the same power as the gods, for which they were punished, only one survived, and then because he was sick with some kind of body disease

K
Kara Timy 16.01.22

Drewmers are elves. But they don’t look like the dwarves that were in VK or Warcraft, they were quite large like the Nords or Imperials (in the Sea you can see the ghost of a dwarf in one of the ruins, he is at least 170cm) here is their appearance http: // www.elderscrolls.net/lore/dwemers.php

X
Xiahou Dun 16.01.22

KaraTimy Dwemer is one of the varieties of elves,
Mer, which means elf, is usually the name of any race of elves in Tamriel, such as Dunmer, Altmer and Bosmer. In addition to these three races, there are also Orcs or Orsimers, which also speaks of their origin from the Mer, although they separated from the main group much earlier (for more details, see the information in the book On the True Nature of the Orcs). Some Mer disappeared and others simply died out, including the Dwemer, Chimer, and Falmer (well, the Chimer became Dunmer and the Falmer regressed underground).
You seem to be the only noob here.

T
Tohno 16.01.22

Subject.

The Dwemer are dead. The most important thing is that they did not take their clothes with them to the delight of all Nerevarins, Dovakins and other idle rabble.