3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gauguin 19.01.22 10:22 pm

Most boring chapter (Half-Life 2)

Dangerous water
A very long and boring chapter
I already dozed off
136 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 19.01.22

5 years old and don't know how to spell "Ravenholm" correctly? D: I don't believe it!
And in general, here are those test for half-heartedness (by the way, you should have passed it yourself, I just recently stumbled upon this topic), try it.
//attention, the test contains a lot of errors, not all "correct answers" are correct there, and sometimes there are no correct answers in the tests themselves. Answer only with your head on.

D
Dr. Salawat 19.01.22

xDDGx
Passed. Result 4.

K
KIR_AKA_NIK 19.01.22

half test
Yes, this test is crap. There was a crossword somewhere, but I don't remember where.

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

Yes, this test is crap.
Yes, I already understood this, having “passed” this test and found a bunch of errors there ... There was a

crossword puzzle somewhere, but I don’t remember where.
It's in my gallery )) But I can't remember which one of the galleys and find it :D But I found an alternative from Alex. Keep in mind that you need to fill in in English:
http://pix.playground.ru/783001/25571/648340/

edit
I found my cross (given a link to it under the screen answer from Alex, and found it):
http: //pix.playground.ru/278556/4664/645724/
The questions themselves and the features of filling in my comment to the screen.
//this crossword puzzle should be simpler than Alex's
one //maybe not

c
combine. 19.01.22

somewhere on the forum there are tests for halfers by Rapid

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

OMG, it was so long ago that I managed not only to forget, but also to reach the state of "I can't remember."
Probably, this test consists entirely of questions "why did we launch a rocket in HL1" :D // by the way, why? o.0

K
KIR_AKA_NIK 19.01.22

Well, there is a satellite to launch into space in order to adjust the frequency for teleports like. I do not remember exactly.

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

Well, I remember that the satellite was launched. In principle, it is logical to assume that in order to somehow close the portals, but here's how...

c
cipherval 19.01.22

There are two things there. If you look at it in isolation from the cut dialogues of ep2, then by launching the rocket, Freeman completed the creation of a certain network of satellites, which closed the fault from the side of the Earth. But Nihilanth kept it open with the other, so Freeman had to go to him as well.
In ep2, it says about the same thing, but only this network is also called a kind of shield, if I remember correctly. And it is through this network, using the code stolen by Alyx, that the Superportal is closed.
The principle of the network is unknown, unless Dragon can help here.

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

Well, Shif said that he is not needed;) Needed!

but only this network is also called a kind of shield
It is somehow incomprehensible why a bunch of satellites are called a shield, the word "network", in my opinion, is more correct. Is it exactly in the original, shield?

s
s1avutich32 19.01.22

There are no boring missions, just the chatter of the first level. Levels on the buggy and the boat - generally liked the most.

j
jet ranger 19.01.22

Huh, the rocket is in HL1...))
The security guard in front of the "On A Rail" chapter said that this is the Satellite-Delivery Rocket, which the dudes from "Lambda" need in order for them to be able to "clean up this mess".

PS: By the way, did anyone translate all these texts that sound in HL1? And then a couple of moments remained incomprehensible to me when I did my translation.

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

There are several fan translations of HL1 and addons, they can be found on the net, for example, I downloaded some on a rutracker, but I didn’t like it. //by the way, the translation to HL1 is quite suitable for HLS, tk. the structure of the sound folder is the same.

edit
brr, not fan-made, but pirated translations. As far as fans, I don't know.

j
jet ranger 19.01.22

Yes, the main thing for me is the text of the translation itself (to compare with my own), and I won’t exchange the English voice acting for any other! ))

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

(to compare with your own)
Listen to the Russian voice acting and compare with the text.

c
cipherval 19.01.22

Well, Shif said that he is not needed;) Needed!
Hardly anyone is interested in knowing this. Whoever needs it will find it, but for most it doesn’t matter.

JetRanger, if you have the original dialogue text, can I get it somehow? I myself am interested in dialogues, I just don’t remember a lot of them.
If you need to clarify something in the text, tell me, I'll look right / wrong translated.

j
jet ranger 19.01.22

Shifroval
I got the dialogue from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/43362-half-life/faqs/29847
Came across this by google "resonance cascade scenario extremely unlikely". There were a whole bunch of other links there.

True, there are minor inconsistencies in that text, but this is very rare and, moreover, they are immediately visible if you remember the replicas by ear.

If you need to clarify something in the text, tell me, I'll look right / wrong translated.
Well, for example, I don't know how to accurately translate the guard's phrase "Looks like you're in the barrel today" (a rare American idiom). As far as I understood, it should be something like "Looks like you have a dirty job today", but I'm not sure.

PS: Offtopic, of course, terrible ... Is there a system of private messages at all?

x
xDDGx 19.01.22

Offtopic, of course, terrible
. I don't care about him, we are not on "Gambling" some thread, or "NashaLife". Besides, this topic is about nothing at all, there is no point in it. And so at least some discussion will be, especially since the forum is already similar to a stalker ...

Is there a system of private messages at all?
Of course there is, point to the avatar - you'll see. New drugs are displayed in the upper right corner.
//new PG design is extremely intuitive :D

c
cipherval 19.01.22

I took the dialogue from here
. Oh, thanks, I'll take a look.

if you remember the lines by ear.
The last time I launched hl1 probably 5 years ago. Shame on me.
Or maybe 3 or 4. In general, for a very long time. But probably still 3.

"It looks like you have a dirty job today," but I'm not sure.
So it is, that's the point. Perhaps we have our own similar phrase, but nothing comes to mind.

Is there a private messaging system at all?
It is not visible in the new design, it is apparently done specifically for convenience.
In general, on the left in the column. The send button in the popup when hovering over the avatar.

New drugs are displayed in the upper right corner.
And it is notified by a small red circle. That's why I take so long to answer if they write. The window was open before.

n
nihiliant 19.01.22

The last time I launched hl1 probably 5 years ago. Shame on me.
Or maybe 3 or 4. In general, for a very long time. But probably still 3.
Long.