3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hikk1 19.01.22 10:22 pm

Skyrim LE modding (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

More recently, I started playing Skyrim and found out that there are a bunch of mods for it, but I just don’t have enough iq to understand how to install it, I downloaded one mod, it needs one program, another for it (xs how to explain), could anyone help me with the installation of mods, I didn’t think that the first modding experience would be so stuffy, another half of the mods (most or the best xs mods) go to SE, that is, they don’t go to LE under any circumstances? If so, does it make sense to download the SE version if I like mods from this version (at least on screenshots) more? I hope experienced users will respond, I may figure it out myself (which I'm not sure about), but how much nerves and time will I spend on this :(((((
9 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 19.01.22

hikk1
Well... so as not to burden you with a large amount of information... especially since (no offense)
hikk1 wrote:
but I just don't have enough iq to understand how to install
So
LE is, figuratively speaking, the old 32-bit version. There are a huge number of mods for it, but the vast majority do not work on SE and AE
SE - this is such an advanced version that can already be 64 bits, and it can also produce over 60 frames per second without glitches if there is a necessary mod. (LE cannot boast of such). There are fewer mods, but most of them work in AE.
AE is an anniversary "hey buy Skyrim". A slightly more advanced version of SE. There are very few mods. (I apologize for the primitivism, but the measure is forced ...)
Most mods require SKSE to work. You select the version based on your edition. It is installed stupidly by copying files to the game folder. Download on the official website:
Spoilerhttps://skse.silverlock.org/
For straight-handed players playing on PC, SkyUI is also needed - a mod that you can easily download on any gaming site - the main thing is to make sure it matches the edition.
The easiest way to install the mod is through the "nexus mod manager" - NMM. It can be downloaded from the official website
Spoilerhttps://www.nexusmods.com/
By the way, there you can also download mods for games - not only for Skyrim. Modmanager was created by Americans under the average American - therefore even a housewife can use it. And you can also easily google on YouTube a huge number of video instructions on how to use this mod manager and how to install mods both from their site and downloaded to your PC.
In any case, the algorithm is as follows:
1 - Installing the game itself.
2 - Installing SKSE.
3 - Installing the mod manager.
4 - Install SkyUI
Next comes the installation of mods that you like. The order of mods can be changed in NMM - you may need this if there are conflicts or bugs due to mods. The BOSS Userlist Manager utility will also help you in the fight against conflicts and bugs - it downloads on the same nexus, there are more video instructions on YouTube than outputs on the CPU of your PC :)

h
hikk1 19.01.22

I have already downloaded SKSE and NMM, if I switch to SE now, will my LE saves be able to be loaded?

h
hikk1 19.01.22

And if it's not difficult, you can list if not all then most of the auxiliary mods (like skse or skyui). Well, I have a lot of questions, to be honest, but for starters, at least to figure it out, as I already said, I’m downloading a mod, it needs other mods, for those it’s my own mods, it just melts me from misunderstanding.

a
airstorm 19.01.22

hikk1
Let's first decide what you want from the game. If you have an old computer, then LE and a lot of mods for you. In this case, mods that improve graphics are definitely not yours. If your PC is a kind of average or not sickly, if you enjoy graphics at maximum speeds and similar mods, then play SE. Personally, I'm now replaying AE, there are already about 40 mods included, well, I added 51 pieces. Tried to install 62 - everything from SE. Installed without problems only 51.
hikk1 wrote:
you can list if not all then most of the auxiliary mods (like skse or skyui)
SKSE is not a mod, it is software for expanding the scripting language of skyrim. It is necessary for the correct operation of most mods.
SkyUi is a mod that remakes the interface for direct control "keyboard + mouse", since initially the interface is meager and miserable - for consoles. It is necessary only for PC owners.
The rest of the mods you choose for yourself, so to speak. How many opinions you ask, so many versions you will get. After all, everyone will advise those fashions that he chose himself.
For example: The second mod that I personally install after SkyUi is Monitor Refresh Rate Uncap. A mod that allows you to enable vertical sync and G-Sync on my monitor and get a stable 240 frames per second. But if you have the most ordinary monitor, then this mod is absolutely unnecessary for you, even if you have rtx 3080. The third one is Deadly Mutilation - dismemberment blood and gore because I love rivers of blood and hellish dismemberment. Next, I set texture mods to 4K (or 2K) and other graphics enhancements.
If you ask my son, he will say that the most mandatory mods are those that add swords, axes and other melee weapons to the game. And my wife first of all puts armor, clothes, jewelry .... And my neighbor believes that after the Guardians of the Dawn are introduced into the game, the first thing to do is to put the Van Helsing Crossbow mod that shoots with a burst - because it's canonical, but you don't understand anything about vampires :D
So don't ask others which mods are the best. Try it yourself, compare, decide if you need this mod. Don't be dependent on someone else's opinion... let alone taste!

N
Nurp 19.01.22

hikk1
I'll be brief.
1. If the machine allows, then the mod is on AE, it is a little faster in FPS and more stable compared to SE.
2. Forget about LE.
3. https://chillandsteel.ru/skyrim-anniversary-edition/
4. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGv5n6SeS48JQii8_DMSbIg

M
Minted Coin 19.01.22

hikk1
hikk1 wrote: Will
my LE saves be loaded?
Saves from LE only work on LE with relatively no problems. It should be noted that the game does not digest the transfer of saves very well, even between one edition. There are breakdowns when you transfer from a publication to the same, but a later version, and when you go to some location, the game is buggy and neither objects are available for interaction, nor NPCs for dialogues. Even loading earlier saves doesn't help.

h
hikk1 19.01.22

Minted Coin
I have already transferred the saves to SE, everything seems to be working, I downloaded about 20 mods in nmm, but why just a couple of mods work, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, the conditional racemenu doesn’t work (and I downloaded enough graphic mods that also do not work, because of some mods that apparently work, physics breaks), the usual character settings menu opens, downloaded everything you need to run it, tried to run it through skse loader and just through nmm, to no avail, as I understand it, does it work at all or No, maybe there are some control buttons through which it opens?

M
Minted Coin 19.01.22

hikk1
In the name of the great Talos, how everything is running!
:)
But, as they say, it's not a shame not to know - it's a shame not to learn.
1. If you use mods, then NEVER start the game with a standard executable. You launch the game exclusively through the skse loader, and from the administrator!
2. There are mods that come in several versions. When installing via NMM, they can all be active, which often leads to conflicts, since you only need to select one! Therefore, after you have added a mod in the "MODS" section, see the screen
Spoiler
You climb into the Plugins section and disable the excess. Here is a screenshot for a good example
Spoiler
3. Before downloading the mod, carefully read what is required for the mod to work. The type of edition (LE,SE or AE), the minimum version of this edition, as well as the presence of third-party programs like SKSE.

For example, there is a fomod installer and some mods will only work if you install them via fomod. This must be indicated in the description of the mod. Also, some mods can be packed in two versions - only for fomod and for other managers. I can give advice: it is better to abandon fomod and mods created for it. Bugs are less common there, but if it bugs, then meet. Critical bugs are not uncommon there.

4. You can always see the installation of popular mods. The installation guide on YouTube has long become a standard for any modder, besides, the views are impressive.
5. Never install a bunch of mods in a row, and if you install a lot, then leave a few connected, and turn off the rest. Start the game, play for a couple of minutes, changing the location, like entering, leaving the house, city or cave. This will make it easier for you to spot a buggy mod if you come across one.
6. NMM can check for mod updates. Turn it up To do this, hover over any mod, right click, and select
Spoiler
7 from the menu. Nexus is the largest and most versatile resource for mods for many games. Mods and translation for them can be downloaded manually or directly through NMM. Therefore, it is worth spending time on YouTube, studying this NNM and using it in games. What’s more, you won’t need it again.

U
U_Scarecrow_U 19.01.22

Lord, do not torture a person.
Here is the finished assembly for Skyrim SE - http://slmp.ru/slmp-sse/
Ready installer, with all the necessary set of basic mods. You can put everything you need on top, all the necessary frameworks are already installed there (except, perhaps, SexLab for 18+ mods). Plus, the assembly works through the Mod Organizer - this is an extremely convenient thing. No need to mess with overwriting files, creating backups, everything is fully automated. There are also some cool and lore quest mods.

If the system does not fit, the machine is weak, that is, a similar assembly for the LE version.