3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
younghummerson 19.01.22 10:38 pm

Low fps in Rust

Played Rust on an old i3-3220. Frequent freezes, low fps. I think let me replace it with a temporary solution and put fx-9370 in the hope that the friezes and low FPS will disappear. So it is - the friezes are gone, but the low FPS still remains. In Msi Afterburner, when monitoring, the card is loaded at 60% ~, and the processor is barely half. But under any other conditions, the processor feels fine, the card too. The game is on ssd, the swap file is 16 gigs, also on ssd. Rust itself eats 9-9.5 gigs of RAM on average. Also, if you change the graphics settings by points from 1 to 3, then the FPS is the same. PC configuration is as follows:
Motherboard - ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0
Processor - AMD FX 9370 (downgrade to 4.1 GHz)
RAM - 4+8 1666 MHz
Power supply - corsair cx600
Video card - GTX 1050 ti palit
SSD - Kingston a400 480gb

Temperatures are within normal limits, Windows is clean, without unnecessary services and other garbage.
3 Comments
Sort by:
S
Space Marine 19.01.22

Swap out a 4 gig stick of ram for an 8 gig stick.
There will be no sky-high FPS on such a config, but it should get better.

D
Deshang 19.01.22

younghummerson
If the card is fine with power, temperatures and frequencies, then the reason for the low load is its actual absence. Those. the card is not receiving enough data from the processor and does not need to run at full capacity.
The only normal solution in your situation is to replace the platform with a modern one. For example, i3-10100f, even if it will be on the H410 motherboard without overclocking the memory.

In fact, even this i3 with 4 cores and 8 threads is half as good as yours in most tasks: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-10100-vs-AMD-FX-9370/4075vs2005

A if you add and take the i5-10400f, then the situation will be even better. Although, of course, for your card i5 will already be redundant.

L
Len4ik00N 19.01.22

younghummerson
The processor barely meets the minimum requirements of the game (Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX-9590); plus fx has not too much performance per core and emphasis on memory bandwidth, therefore it is not surprising that, after switching from i3, fps did not increase - be glad that at least the friezes are gone.
If changing the platform to something more modern and productive is not yet an option, then you can try to overclock the memory subsystem. Of course, one should not expect a miracle, but there should be an increase.