3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_Cat 07.02.22 10:18 pm

Game Impressions (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

The release of the game is coming soon, we only share our impressions of the game and please, no flooding.
206 Comments
Sort by:
s
sarge275 07.02.22

Gualtieri
How does ray tracing affect soap? Well, the shadows are correct, she adds reflections. Where does soap come from without it?
I watched comparison screenshots in high resolution, the sharpness of the picture does not seem to change.
Judging by these screenshots, the soap is there with tracing, and without. With tracing, brakes are added to the soap.))

D
Denis G 07.02.22

Damn, once again about the soap. There is much less of it here than in cyberprank. Where graphene was generally praised.
The only complaint about the picture is its "acidity" in the style of The Outer Worlds. Hence the rejection of the fans of the first part, where it was in a gloomy gray scale.
Otherwise, graphene has come in, grass and trees animated in the wind are worth something, the play of light is normal and without rtx (which, according to sensations, puts FPS without noticeable quality improvements). These are not low-poly boxes with neon lights on narrow streets.
Although there are very strange gluings with this very animation, when animated objects like birds or grass leave a noticeable tracer behind them, but this does not manifest itself in everyone, and xs depends on what.

G
Gualtieri 07.02.22

sarge275

Now it's not really important :))

s
sarge275 07.02.22

Denis G
Well, I'm not going to argue about soap. I don't have a game. I've only seen it on screenshots. You have to see it with your own eyes to judge. But in cyberpunk there is definitely soap. The first Dying Light is prettier. In general, Unreal Engine is a soap engine. All the games on it are some kind of "rubber". Cartoon.
Already in Dying Light 2, it seems to me that there is definitely no more soap than in the first. Perhaps some are playing with DLSS "performance" and especially with terrible FSR, that's their soap.

n
negativepolygon 07.02.22

I didn't even play this game

D
Denis G 07.02.22

sarge275
Well, that's what I'm talking about, personally, I didn't particularly notice the soap in DL2. In punk, I just got crazy at first, especially in the desert, it seemed that graphene was worse than in Mad Max.
As for the cartoon - I repeat, it's a matter of taste. The game is not cartoony, just the colors in it are not like in the first part. For some, this is a problem. For me - no. I don't see the point in doing an ash-gray color scheme in a city that hasn't been on fire for a long time, in which people have completely adapted to life.

s
sarge275 07.02.22

Denis G
I like the setting in general, judging by the gameplay on the Internet. If the graphics are not worse than the first part, this is already a plus, because the first part suits me in everything. The main thing is that it doesn't get worse.
The only question is optimization and blasphemous Denuvo, due to which there may be lags.
And so, I see that if you set the graphics settings in the game without fanaticism, then it plays quite normally.

Cartoon - I'm talking about cyberpunk and UE4 in general. Not about this game.

N
Nicholas Ololai 07.02.22

I played 10 hours, I like the game, in terms of mechanics this is the same first part, only with very small improvements. All in all, a worthy sequel. Obviously not worse than the first part. For all the time played, I met only 1 bug. At 1080 the stove flies bless you, 55-60 fps at maximum with native fhd resolution without any upscaling. Game on SSD. Do not believe in poor optimization, compared to the same Halo Infinite, it is very well optimized. The only disappointing thing is the graphics. He stayed the same in 2015. In other aspects - respect to the Poles. At least they didn't screw up

D
Denis G 07.02.22

sarge275
The rules are played, I already wrote. Although it's all subjective. Gamma is different. The hero is different. Not everyone will like it. Here gg is not as brutal as Crane. On the other hand, here he is not such a weak-willed pole, which just froze wildly in the first part.
The graphics are good, it looks decent. There are no lags on rtx 2070 at all, if you don’t run into rtx, optimization has been delivered. Although the forums complain about problems, apparently there are configs that conflict with the game.
The combat from the first part has not changed much. Gameplay too. The game is for those who went to the first part and want to continue. I went in, took an ultima for 4k, but personally from myself - the sequel is clearly not worth that much. Despite the more pumped plot, a bunch of normally staged dialogues, plot choices. Perhaps at the end of the passage I will change my opinion, but usually only for the worse, as was the case with cyberprank)
Of the main shortcomings that people who do not have a game whine about here are “soapy” graphics, which they concluded by watching videos from YouTube in 320x200 resolution, and no firearms, because everyone played DL1 because it was an awesome shooter. In general, everyone decides how to treat such "claims".

N
Nicholas Ololai 07.02.22

Denis G
As for soap, I've personally convinced myself that it's better to play on a TV set from a distance of 2-3 meters than on a monitor up close. There is practically no soap on the TV, but on the monitor it is noticeably much stronger. Such is the observation

D
Denis G 07.02.22

Nikolai Ololai
Well, I don't know, it means I have to go to the ophthalmologist) Although in the same cyberpunk ... but okay, I didn't have to strain my eyes there, the foam itself climbed out of the monitor.

s
sarge275 07.02.22

Denis G
Do you have rtx 2070? Well, if so, that's cool. I just have a 2070 super too. So we live. I'll probably wait a week and have to take it.
That's exactly what it is - the first part came to me, and I want to continue)

D
Denis G 07.02.22

sarge275
Well then don't worry about optimization. I repeat, if you do not run into rtx, on DX12 at max settings it goes without lags at all. I didn’t try it in full hd, I didn’t try it on 8k) Well, I also put it on the ssd, of course.
In a week, discounts, most likely, will not be there yet. Either wait until they are drawn, or take the basic one now, and buy it up to the ultimate or deluxe at a discount. I took the ult right away simply because, unlike other Polish studios, I respect these developers. Well, because of the covid, a lot of extra dough has accumulated)

D
Denis G 07.02.22

It's funny, but maybe it's better to file a separate topic for the screenshots?

s
sarge275 07.02.22

Denis G
Bought. Played a bit. DX12, Everything to the maximum without RT - 80 fps. Fog on low 100+ fps (no difference in graphics). DLSS quality - 120+ fps (there is almost no difference in graphics).
Here you can even argue which is better, DLSS or TAA.
Sometimes microfreeze slips during movement (not critical). Maybe it's because of Denuvo.
The optimization is really good.
RT did not even try, because everything below 60 frames is already a hat.

The problem of microfreezes was solved by switching to DX11. Now we can say generally flies like clockwork. Nothing to complain about))

s
sarge275 07.02.22

Wow. Seriously? There are no shadows from the flashlight. This is certainly a big step backwards.

s
saa0891 07.02.22

Of the shortcomings.
Of course, they were very upset with weapons, the biggest drawback is that you can’t craft weapons (a thunder of grenades and throwing knives), you can’t repair them, in general there are no skills for crafting weapons, so in the first part, not only craft (also cool legendaries) and repair albeit a limited number of times (it’s generally stupid that there is no repair, they could at least make repairs from merchants, buy yourself a top-end weapon, insert mods there, then it wears out and you can’t do anything) the weapon could but also increase strength, I haven’t found a firearm yet, in the first part there were still a lot of skills with various traps (although there are traps if you choose peacekeepers, but it's still not right) and there are very few skills in general, in fact, so much was cut out of what was in the first part.

I would also like that there were more skills for stealth, it also infuriates the skill for the stele to accelerate when the GG, instead of just sneaking faster, starts somersaulting.

The combat in terms of slashing zombies in the first part I liked much more, the detail and damage system of zombies in the first looked much more spectacular.

Sometimes animations get stuck when you climb somewhere, this is really annoying, so far there was only one of the bugs when the boss simply didn’t load after the video, loaded from the checkpoint and everything became normal.

And so while I pass with pleasure, all the same, I love the theme of zombies and the apocalypse.
Of course, parkour has become much cooler, and I haven’t got a parachute yet.
Quests have a choice.
They made a cool trick with the fact that the GG is infected and an infection indicator appears at night, and it is at night that you need to make forays into closed locations. during the day, a bunch of dangerous creatures are teeming there, and at night they just crawl out of these locations.
Surprisingly, with optimization, everything is in order for me. The graphon is basically normal, but with a yellow filter, of course, an overdose.

How cool it is when there is full localization, you can just lean back in your chair and immerse yourself in the gameplay without being distracted by reading clogs, especially in some action games.

k
kino8888 07.02.22

Played.

- control physics and parkour SHIT. Even Mirors Edge 2007 (his mother) looks better and more "realistic". Grab the ledge? Yes x .. you! Seriously, it seems to me, or is the first part somehow better in terms of graphics and physics?
- weapon crafting is kind of sad. I thought they would invent a real sandbox for crafting, so that a typical player from a real "g..on and sticks" would collect uber sabers.
- graphics quality: I have a weak config, I didn't expect much.

Saves the average level of the plot. Gameplay - well, for an amateur. Again, the first part went through a year after its release with great pleasure. I bought it, thinking that since the studio has been supporting the game for so many years (samsungs update their handsets less), constantly sawing large and small DLCs, would make a really good product, and in fact a big addon came out for the first part.
Boredom, gloom, disappointment.

a
attacking_beaver 07.02.22

saa0891
you play on the config which is in the profile? how fps and what graphics settings?

B
Blade86 07.02.22

Gualtieri
soap does not have a current campaign in 4k, with ray tracing, because I definitely don’t see it, here rdr2 there is not much soap, when I played in fullhd it was strong, everything was ok in 4k, there was a strong soap in the control