3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sur98 07.02.22 10:18 pm

Copying hotkey settings between characters (Diablo 2)

Good day,

I decided to set up hotkeys in the game (options -> configure controls) (I use the original client 1.13d)
I set it up for one character, I saw that the hotkeys on other characters remained unchanged (by default).

Looking in the game folder, I saw that the hotkey settings are stored in the file Diablo II/save/Rubattle.net/<character_name>.key
I copied this file from the configured character to the unconfigured one (replacing the old file).

I went to the server and saw that the hotkeys for the second character have changed, and if you delete *.key files, they appear with already configured hotkeys (as I want). But while I was checking hotkeys by entering different characters, the game crashed once.

I wanted to know - if I propagate this file for all my characters, would this be considered cheating or unwanted interference with the server? Manually setting up hotkeys for each character is very dreary.
2 Comments
Sort by:
f
firkax 07.02.22

You can just delete *.key with incorrect settings, they will be created with the correct ones when you access them. The "correct" ones are taken from the last character you logged into and who had his own settings.

s
sur98 07.02.22

firkax
Oh, that is, are the settings still global? Thanks I'll know!