3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Maru_E 07.02.22 10:28 pm

Classic at gunpoint

Guys, I'm doing a study on the topic "Computer games in classical literature."

It turned out that there is little such good on the market. I found only "Crime and Punishment" and "Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka". You can count on the fingers.

It is interesting to hear your opinion. Why is this happening? Why haven't larger works been developed? And the main question: would you play a product based on Dostoevsky's "Demons"? Why yes/no? Will this game become popular? What needs to be done to get interested in playing the classics?

Waiting for your answers!!

5 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 07.02.22

because the action is important in the game
in the school classics, as a rule, there is no action, of
course, any tome can be ironized. from Tolkien, for example, or ice and fire, but not much good comes out of this.
then the American core believes that a complete reconstruction of the events of the book in kinets is not suitable. because spoilers and depressing. therefore, shorter than the schismatics will chop zombies, those will already have little relation to the literature of a schoolboy.
in the future, it turns out to be a game in the niche genres of the quest of text chatter, in the last resort, hevirine walkin grandfather, only where everything is known that I think there are interesting and good games.

r
requiemmm 07.02.22

Will this game become popular? What needs to be done to get interested in playing the classics?
Stop bullying kids, that's all. How many victims of Dostoevsky are there now? 15 years old, right? It is difficult for them, in itself, not to mention the teaching methods in our schools. At least in one school, at least one of the teachers, which by the way means a useless slave who takes and brings a child to and from school, was generally interested in the opinion of the students about the work? Yes, never mind, they teach according to the principle "there is an opinion of the teacher and the wrong one." And they put deuces for "non-program" thoughts.
What kind of popularity can we talk about if they go to these lessons as hard labor and try to forget them, going out the door?
There is such a game, Mor. Utopia. A niche product with a small audience, essentially a visual novel with some action. Something like this may well find its consumer.
If you fit the player into a classic, give him some freedom of action within it, prescribe alternative endings, depending on the actions of the player. Raskolnikov, who safely left the country, lived the life of an emigrant-handyman in the poorest area of ​​​​one of the European capitals, in his old age writing a book about his youth and taking the name of a neighbor, a hawker Dostoevsky, as a pseudonym :)

T
Toxa95 07.02.22

It is interesting to hear your opinion.
Won't take off.
Why is this happening?
Because the books of the classics are dull to the point of disgrace and are the usual everyday life of just those years. Well, the same "Crime and Punishment", there lived a poor student in a rented apartment, in order to get rid of debts he decided to get rid of the creditor-grandmother, there is no grandmother - there are no debts that he owes to this grandmother, flunked her and the witness, mentally tormented for a long time, and then was anally punished by a cop. Everything.
Why haven't larger works been developed?
Cause few people want to play this shit -> Won't pay off.
And the main question: would you play a product based on Dostoevsky's "Demons"?
Playing in small closed locations filled with a whole circus of freaks (I'm talking about characters) with an indistinct plot about an unsuccessful attempt to create an underground gang or resistance to a local bloody gang, with scenes of rape of small girls, UNBELIEVABLE mental anguish (just Japanese or Twilight) and other murne.
No, thanks, I have Dragon Age, it already has all this, only the scale, although not much, but more.

requiemmm
History is mainly taught in literature. Only historians do it dryly and in figures-dates, and writers talk about the life of the past through the works of writers of the past, something like that. It is useful to get acquainted, to delve into and search for a secret meaning is harmful. For they actually wrote, too, that if I described all sorts of campaigns of "high society" in clubs or described the spirituality of a drunken security guard.

E
Elena7355 07.02.22

If you wish, you can make games according to the classics, but here's the problem, all markets are crammed with foreign, Russian speech is disfigured with foreign words as they want. And this, I think, is not just a coincidence, and who in this situation will be interested in promoting classical literature?

k
kurskiy 07.02.22

You can create a classic game. Moreover, according to copyright, these works are already in the public domain, so there is no need to ask permission or sign contracts for the use of the original text (with royalties to the author or copyright holder).
And now the problems:
What target audience needs this? Not numerous at the stage of preliminary advertising, then a lot will depend on the game itself.
Who will be doing this? Almost all modern Russian companies are focused on mobile games or multiplayer. And someone generally "lives" by outsourcing and does not have their own projects. There are indie studios that do not have money for the implementation of large projects.
So, it remains only to count on the financial support of the state, which was promised, but if everything goes like with the Cinema Fund, then nothing good can be expected.