3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Salyarych 07.02.22 11:33 pm

Switch + WiFi router = no internet

Good day. I ask for help from the know-it-alls. I'm a complete noob on this topic.
The problem is as follows:
Previously, there was a Wi-Fi router, but by now, the router is not working stably. There are several devices in the room. PC, console and TV. Everyone needs the internet.
In order for the Internet to be stable, I purchased a switch.
But I ran into a problem that the console (XBX SX) cannot connect the Internet via cable, but only works via Wi-Fi.
And I decided to connect Wi-Fi back. Here is the problem.
Connection is like this:
The main network wire is connected to the switch, one cable goes from it to the PC, the second to the TV, the third to the Wi-Fi router. The problem is that when the router is turned on, the Internet does not connect to the PC and TV. But the console works on Wi-Fi. And TV can also be connected via Wi-Fi.

What have I done wrong? How can I make the switch work on both a PC via a direct connection and a Wi-Fi router?
Good people, please help. Chew the noob his mistake.

PS Ethernet cable 1 gigabit. Internet speed 100 megabits. Provider ManNet (Smolensk).
The PC has a built-in network card, soldered to the motherboard (asus rog strix B450-F Gaming II).
TP-Link Switch (TL-SG1005D)
TP-Link Router (TL-WR1043ND)
8 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 07.02.22

1) On a PC with what error does it not connect?
2) Is the cable connected to the router in the LAN or WAN connector?

V
VETER15 07.02.22

Salyarych
I can’t understand, do you have a router connected to the switch, and from there already cables to a PC and a TV set?

G
Georgy Timoshin 07.02.22

What have you piled up, you have authorization through VPN https://mannet.ru/support/guides/. And the issuance of an IP address occurs via DHCP and only one address per physical port of the switch from the provider (this is a comprehensive protection). A router is NOT only a Wi-Fi access point, but also an authorization device and much more!!!
Try updating your router firmware.

f
frendzy 07.02.22

call the provider, he will come and set up

A
AnPei 07.02.22

Salyarych
But I ran into a problem that the console (XBX SX) cannot connect the Internet via cable. The limit on MAC addresses has been exceeded as much as it is written in the contract and they distribute it as if the Internet was not turned off at all.

E
Evil in the flash 07.02.22

The main network cable to the router, and from the router to the switch, and from it it’s already further where you need it. When you connect, most likely only one device receives an IP address.

S
Salyarych 07.02.22

Evil in the flash
If you connect to a router, then it makes no sense to connect a switch (there are enough ports on the router). But, the problem is that the router is already practically a khan. It periodically shuts down or restarts. That's why I got the switch.
Georgy Timoshin
It seems that I understood what you wanted to convey, but the problem is in the router itself, plus it is already flashed ...

It will be easier to buy a normal router for several devices, maybe you can tell me which one to take, which would not be expensive and support Internet speeds up to 300 megabits?

S
Salyarych 07.02.22

Thank you all very much for your replies. I probably understood what you wrote. I will contact the provider or purchase a router. Thank you all again. I thought I screwed up somewhere.