3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 25.02.22 05:46 pm

Game Impressions (Elden Ring)

Coming out very soon, please share your opinions. The topic is only for discussing the impressions of the game, refrain from flooding.
199 Comments
Sort by:
Y
YouCantStopMe 18.03.22

Played a hell of a lot, went to the portal in the capital. The game has good fights and monsters, but what the heck was a martin and PR of the plot... if there is no plot in the game. the world is boring in terms of lore.

h
hello 18.03.22

a good toy, although as for me - hefty complicated. if not for the cheats from the fling, then I would have to rake from the mobs at the starting location until the carrot
spell

A
Alisrom 18.03.22

The game is not for everyone! Adventure game! Valhalla assassin and Odyssey, haraizen, this is not an adventure)

A
Alisrom 18.03.22

YouCantStopMe Talk
to NPCs, listen carefully to what they say! They want lore and plot, but they need hearth pictures

M
MrBurns 18.03.22

I have never played games of this type, I played 10 hours, how hard it is for me, at first I generally played through force, because I did not understand why such complexity was created in principle, voluntary masochism. And how I killed the boss on a horse, the one that wanders back and forth at the beginning of the game, in general an epic, for an hour I ran up, struck one blow and hid so that he lost sight of me, he spawned again in his place, and I repeated the action 100500 times, because at level 18 I couldn’t fill him up in the forehead, I killed the knight on the fort behind the foggy forest in the back with a crossbow while he went down and up the ladder in the tower back and forth, in the tower there is an island on the wall for this. These are the ways of "cheating" the game and I manage to pass it. Places with nishtyaks and chests can be flown on a horse or in a sprint to collect everything and quickly eat it, all the weapons that I used, except for the usual sword, are a full hat, fucking dogs of various types and rats cause me more problems than bearded giants, when you try to hit this scum, it bounces and counterattacks immediately in a split second, in general, my nozzle from this game burns incredibly, I don't understand why I turn it on again. If you, like me, have never played the Souls and Bloodborne series in your life, it will be very difficult. The game says all the time that you are nobody, you are a bug, mob and carrion, and you will die over and over again. Pumping does not really change anything, as you get it, you get it. Horrible optimization, at 3060ti and 1080p there are a lot of friezes and slow drawdowns, especially the game lags on the boss, the one on the horse at the very beginning. The engine did not seem to take out its fury size and speed. I had to lower the already not very beautiful graphon from max to medium lighting and some other settings, because the others did not affect anything, with other games such troubles were not noticed, the memory and the percentage are quite fast. I think for a couple of days I still have enough to play this, and then xs, I’ll probably have to treat my head. Of the pluses in some places, the level design and the surreal nonsense of artists that have found a place in the game looks cool, I like that. The game is generally completely saturated with surrealism, in fact it is he in the literal and figurative sense, visually and literally. Of the pluses in some places, the level design and the surreal nonsense of artists that have found a place in the game looks cool, I like that. The game is generally completely saturated with surrealism, in fact it is he in the literal and figurative sense, visually and literally. Of the pluses in some places, the level design and the surreal nonsense of artists that have found a place in the game looks cool, I like that. The game is generally completely saturated with surrealism, in fact it is he in the literal and figurative sense, visually and literally.

P
Paracelsus12 18.03.22

normal impressions are more difficult than ds, but the world is bigger, which ignites interest and complexity goes off scale

P
Paracelsus12 18.03.22

dima_quant
lifts with jumps were in parts of ds maybe you didn't go through them probably if you don't know

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 18.03.22

The most terrible and insidious boss in the game is "CAMERA" -)))

S
Shkudi 18.03.22

As a person who is not a fan of the series (only DS3 passed), I can say that this game is simply a masterpiece. I played a lot, but I have never seen such detail and elaboration anywhere... The world is the size of Skyrim, and maybe even more, seamless, filled with just a bunch of various opponents and bosses, as well as NPCs that no one will lead to by the handle. Incredible landscapes, the design of which was clearly made by talented people, the change of day and night, sunsets and sunrises. And armor, and weapons? Almost every weapon has its own moveset, its own range of damage (!), I don’t even remember what other game it was in... Dokhrenalion of spells, during the casting of which I am sure many experience numerous orgasms;) And what bosses, my mother .. . this is not Horizon with its cyber cockroaches and fat-like black women, it's just something beyond aesthetics:

Spoiler

Spoiler
A game in which you yourself sculpt your character as you like. A game in which a magician invades you and makes his pew pew, you shorten the distance in order to bend him, and he suddenly takes out a hefty hammer and blows your scoreboard... A game in which you jump like a flea around the boss for an hour, trying to kill him with a "spoon ", you're wrong and you get a one-shot. A game in which the most dangerous enemy for you is ordinary gravity... You can continue indefinitely, but no words will be enough to describe all the advantages of this game, it's better to try everything yourself.

Z
Z0rlg 18.03.22

niche game for its audience. Curve combat, in which the character is slow, frail and always freezing, and the enemies are fast, sharp and powerful, zero cardboard quests, they didn’t even think about the characters here, just mobs and mobs, i.e. it's not even gothic 1, it's generally a game only about a crooked combat in which you have to "somehow" win. In general, whoever likes it - play, but I'm not at all interested in such niche inferior games

D
Dimka Rebrov 18.03.22

Z0rlg
For YOUR audience, this is the top, but for those who are looking for gothic and the like, play them.

h
hello 18.03.22

Shkudi wrote:
Dokhrenalion of spells, during the casting of which I'm sure many experience multiple orgasms;)
yo mine ... survived - orgasms from spells ... where is this world heading?

m
macsim702 18.03.22

Played for a couple of hours, folks, how do you play it? This is pure masochism. You will spend so many nerve cells that you will never recover :)

E

macsim702
That's why playing this game, you can learn to hold the seed in your hands-))

K
Kvasilich 18.03.22

Comrades are dull, I am authorized to declare - I finished off Eldach almost to the end, there were a couple of late-game bosses left, but the overall picture was formed. I already wrote above that it turned out to be a really stretched ds4 with content broken into pieces, but this is not the most important thing. There was a feeling that Yelda was made by two teams of Fromes at once, moreover, Miyazaki and Co. were responsible for the plot part (legacy dungeons), and the second team that did ds2 at one time (Tanimura-san, arigato) sawed everything else. As a result, it feels like two games in one - the plot part looks like the souls of a healthy person, without any complaints at all, but third-party content of the "spherical ds2 in a vacuum" level is a hand-face. Repeating the same bosses ten times, with their subsequent transition into ordinary mobs (Cerberus, horse havels, knights of Gavrila - local analogues of dragon riders, garbage collections ala "wandering magician and parishioners", gargoyles - stupidly ds1 + ds2, the same sour cabbage soup and more pour), general reuse of ideas from all previous musts and poorly designed locations (the vaunted subway passing through the additional quest looks like unfinished mod for ds3 - huge empty locations ala Iritill + Yharnam + Izalit with the same garbage bosses, northern lands - I don’t understand why the hell they are needed, just a wasteland with a minimum of activity). Moreover, the platforming itself is completely dead, everything can be run through and vacuumed without engaging in battle with local disabled people, the option bosses themselves are also rogues, most often single-phase, of the same ds2 level. Unfortunately, the game forces you to climb into this generic, because in addition to pumping, useful items and power-ups are scattered in it, without which you will not go far in the story. IMHO, the idea of ​​​​development towards an open world was definitely not worth seven years of development and two years of salivating on trailers. In short, I give two marks - for the plot part - 9 miyazak out of 10, for everything else - 4 tanimura out of the same 10 (with a stretch)

p
pomer93 18.03.22

Funny game. I was looking forward to it the most this year... and got what I was waiting for. From the trailers (I tried to minimize their viewing), it was already clear that the graphics had not changed, many of the animations were the same, and the open world was empty. I can't say that I wasn't upset, but that wasn't the main thing - the main thing is give me more of this gameplay, wow. I wanted DS4, they told me shish ... and released DS 4 with a different lore)).

I really like the feeling that you are a kind of explorer. It seems to be a bit empty, on the other hand, I always stumble upon something inscription, then a cave, then some kind of simply unique loca. Considering that there is now much more vertical exploration of locations, this is just a buzz. It is especially pleasing that the developers were not too lazy here - you think "oh, how cunning I am, I found some super non-obvious ledge that you can jump on." And there you find either a secret, or at least a yummy. Thanks developers. Also, a special thank you for such a random. In the first dungeon you open a chest - bang, teleport. And in the locale, in which I raked like a creature, but you can’t teleport. And my surprise from the underground city, from what will happen to you if you are killed by capturing a sarcophagus with saws at the very bottom of the academy...

So far, only a hundred-armed has passed from the plot, and Renal before him (I really liked the design, music and location). And I’m already confused in the optional ones, because there are a lot of them stupidly. And although there is a classic repetition of enemies / bosses, but with different colors (the same flowers), there is still no feeling of a total carbon copy.

Difficulty jumps. He couldn’t beat the hundred-armed one at all, he had to call the NPC for help, but Renalu plugged it up with two attempts without much difficulty. There are still the most problems among ordinary mobs from dogs and, unexpectedly, rats, because they can enter you into an endless camp when there are several of them. And these eagles with swords on their feet... He cursed them to the fullest.

But I understand that the game is ambiguous. It's like Death Stranding. For some - the boredom of death, for others - an interesting experience.

PS Update comment. That's who, WHO invented Radan among them? My hands were already shaking when I failed him on the 30th attempt. And then he ran like a girl around the arena and called everyone and prayed that the stones would miss him.
But the Serpent lay down after 5 attempts (especially when he realized how much he could be hammered while he calls his skulls and that you can leave them by running in a circle as usual).

T
Thinkfire 18.03.22

Kvasilich
I’ll tell you a secret, but any part of the ds can be run ignoring opponents, and “repeating bosses” is a strange nitpick considering that there are as many bosses in the game as there are types of opponents in some RPGs in general. Repetitive animations and patterns from Demon of Souls are coming. Like what did you expect? DC1? Well, go to ds 1, and then there is development in the series, which is no. A huge minus of the game is only in the network component and imbalanced magicians (as always, many things do not change). Oh yes, even in the boss battle invasion. Gameplay is the same DS, but big. By the way, DS2 was the hardest of the three parts. As a person who has played more than 450 hours in 5 versions of games, I can safely say this. And in general it is strange how you are already close to passing the game. I only killed Radan at the 72nd hour as the third demigod. Played for 12 hours a day at least licking everything and far from the end. With regards to the claim of "empty locations" I do not understand at all. We set up points of interest on the map with a friend and came to the conclusion that traveling on foot every 3 minutes you will find something. From hidden NPCs to secrets and dungeons. The game is gorgeous, but it will not be like before. Yes, and before it was not so much better, the first ds can generally be run in 3 hours on the second passage.

K
Kvasilich 18.03.22

Thinkfire
"I'll tell you a secret" - to whom, the old grandfather, who played 1000+ hours of all the must?; D So it was possible to run through the mobs already in ds3, in the previous ones it was a little more difficult (try running the temple of Amana for ng + 5, gl;), but here this is especially noticeable - the locations are too large, there are too few mobs. And about "reuses" I meant not so much animation as the ideas themselves, design and mobs. Hemwick's money village isn't a reuse of mobs? Grandmas are the same, only repainted. The gloomy castle with statues from Cainhurst is not a design revolution? And there are a lot of such examples, you don’t even need to look for them. About the fact that it used to be the same - it was, but not on such a scale, plus in BB and Sekiro everything is more or less original, and DS - three games of the same series, there repetitions are at least justified. And here is a completely different setting and universe, but tracing paper is everywhere (although if at the end of the story it turns out that Mezhduzemie was drawn by a girl from ds3, then everything will fall into place;) Until you reach the ending) It hits you very much in perception. Obviously, people who have not played previous games will not notice anything of this and will get high from the "unique and inimitable" design - the game is designed for exactly such people, and grandfathers, as already noted above, can fart into their Lordran) I played 65 hours myself, reached Malenia (Mashka from BB at maximum speed), judging by the achievements, there are still 5 bosses left, how many of them are plot xs. I didn’t see excessive complexity, it seems even simpler than ds3, or the mechanics are just memorized. design - the game is designed for exactly such people, and grandfathers, as already noted above, can fart into their Lordran) I played 65 hours myself, reached Malenia (Mashka from bb at maximum speed), judging by the achievements, there are still 5 bosses left, how many of them plot xs. I did not see excessive complexity, it seems even simpler than ds3, or the mechanics are just memorized. design - the game is designed for exactly such people, and grandfathers, as already noted above, can fart into their Lordran) I played 65 hours myself, reached Malenia (Mashka from bb at maximum speed), judging by the achievements, there are still 5 bosses left, how many of them plot xs. I did not see excessive complexity, it seems even simpler than ds3, or the mechanics are just memorized.
As for empty locations, I meant, first of all, the lands of the giants and two underground cities - if you haven't been there yet, go and make sure) The gameplay specifically sags there. There are no complaints about plot locations like Stormvale, Hogwarts or the local Iron Citadel, everything is fine there. The rest is questionable. Of course, by the standards of an average arpg, the game is outstanding, I hope Goti will take it, but Fromov's games are not average, they have raised the bar too high and must comply. Since Meowzaki decided to make a revolution in ov, he had to do it, and not just cut down the conditional Gothic 3 with the DS combat. This is definitely not a revolution)
pysy. IMHO Yeldach doesn't take that much time when replaying, and even more so in a speedrun (I'm already waiting for fifteen hours;) According to the plot, it is not much longer than the standard ds.

w
wypa 18.03.22

Kvasilich
In general, it is strange that they did not try to fill the world completely. There are many "secret" places, but they are empty. There is only pain in the messages on the floor) But still there are such places. The most annoying thing is when there is another mushroom instead of a cool gun. I don’t use crafting at all) There’s nothing special to craft, or there’s nothing yet (the game hasn’t passed). And in general it went very well. Started on a pirate, wanted to quit. Through force, I played further and went on, having pumped up to level 30, I bought a license. True, the optimization was immediately disappointing here, since the game goes much better on a pirate. I hope that it was not in vain that I bought a license and that the game will be patched up with patches while I’m going through

E

Guys, can someone explain why this is so ... I have the graphics in the game on my computer at the maximum ... I watched the walkthrough of the game on the PlayStation and there the colors are all kind of saturated, the blood is redder, the grass is greener ... Such the feeling that the gamut of colors in the graphics is twisted much more than it can be done on a PC ... if you don’t understand what I’m talking about, look at YouTube and understand what I mean ...