3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 25.02.22 05:46 pm

Game Impressions (Elden Ring)

Coming out very soon, please share your opinions. The topic is only for discussing the impressions of the game, refrain from flooding.
199 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kvasilich 18.03.22

wypa
The same impressions, would be better done smaller, but better. Craft is almost useless, except to make rot pills, in fact, the most useful consumable. But in general, now I have reached the final locations and rethought Yeld's game design a little. If the main part of the plot is played in an impudent manner, then the optional bosses at the end give a light - you come like this, go nuts and think - it's a theater, I'd better go farm the unfinished Cerberus in the catacombsXD

A
Aligambro 18.03.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
HDR (it can be simulated on the monitor if there is an option or increase the color intensity in nvidia)

K
Konstantinum 18.03.22

good thing i didn't spend 6k on this shit

A
Asfermong 18.03.22

Something does not cling to ER at all. With each new souls, there are less and less emotions, there is no longer a desire to even launch a conditional Dark Souls 5 in the future. Fromes do not have a conveyor, of course, but that’s about it and we need to move on. I caught myself thinking that there is no desire to play any build, I have already seen and tried all this. Only the battle on the cognac made me happy, very coolly done and a breath of fresh air

m
ml_storm 18.03.22

It's still the same DS 3, and as I didn't understand why to play games in this series, I still don't understand. This time I am categorically convinced that there is no point in playing it. And the main feature of the game is to blame - the open world. Well here we have an open world and what next, what this world has to offer. Is there an interesting plot here? Both globally and locally there is no plot. NPCs are still purely decor and the function of the store, and all the dialogue is aimed at creating an atmosphere of the world, but not like a storyline. Of course, the most enthusiastic faces will now make fan wikis, as well as many videos on this topic. And perhaps the game will have a really interesting plot. But the GAME should tell the story, not bloggers on YouTube or Wikipedia. Maybe it's all in the gameplay? So no, this is DS, no more and no less. For example, almost at the very beginning, we can find a cluster of several horsemen, knights and wolves. Do we have options for clearing this place? No. The combat system is designed exclusively for 1v1 combat and it all comes down to the fact that you need to lure the enemy NPCs one by one. What will I get from clearing this place, maybe experience for pumping or better equipment? No. The items that drop out don't matter, as does the local currency. this is still the same DS 3, where there is no point in pumping a character. The progress of the character, due to the fact that the enemies are significantly superior in statistics, is simply not felt. The stupid system with the selection of runes after death, as in all parts of the series, simply does not work in the open world. So I cleared the place indicated above, I'm done, it was quite difficult, I want to continue the journey and what's next? Here, we see further on the rocks of the giant, it is interesting and I want to go see the location further. But you can’t go further, you have to spend the accumulated runes, even if it’s a pointless level increase by a whole unit, because this giant will kill you in a couple of seconds after the meeting and you will lose all the accumulated runes. To spend runes, you need to return to the nearest checkpoint. After leveling up and spending all the runes in the store, all opponents naturally revive and again the question arises, why should I go so far again, clear the path to this giant and try to defeat him? This question remains unanswered for me. It all boils down to just following the signs and avoiding combat as much as possible. except for the time spent and the likelihood of throwing you back, you will not get anything from this, and the level pumped by a few units does not give you anything. As a result, the only mechanism that could work - gameplay for the sake of gameplay, does not work. Exploring this, certainly beautiful, but empty open world, as well as playing this game, simply does not make sense. Many games that appeared after DS, especially metroidvania, showed that the seemingly outdated mechanics in the 90s - the main character dying from one poke of any NPC, works, but only in conjunction with other elements. But ER has nothing more to offer. certainly a beautiful, but empty open world, as well as playing this game simply does not make sense. Many games that appeared after DS, especially metroidvania, showed that the seemingly outdated mechanics in the 90s - the main character dying from one poke of any NPC, works, but only in conjunction with other elements. But ER has nothing more to offer. certainly a beautiful, but empty open world, as well as playing this game simply does not make sense. Many games that appeared after DS, especially metroidvania, showed that the seemingly outdated mechanics in the 90s - the main character dying from one poke of any NPC, works, but only in conjunction with other elements. But ER has nothing more to offer.

S
Samson48 18.03.22

Asfermong
I thought the same at first. Her beginning is not expressive, but the further you go, the more impressions await you. It feels like Miyazaki is bluffing first and then throwing a Royal Flush in your face.

d
dogfox 18.03.22

Not a game, but a complete misunderstanding. Whence such enthusiasm? I put one kill so that no one interferes with exploring the world, but it’s somehow pathetic and not interesting.

N
NoRegz 18.03.22

Game of the Decade. I was afraid that it would slow down even at 5950x + 3090 STRIX OC + Optimus + MO-RA3. 59-60 fps maximum settings 4k. I play with AntiCheat.

k
kilmen207 18.03.22

complex and bug on bug

s
sea ​​force 18.03.22

If you briefly describe the gameplay, then in a nutshell it sounds like "stupidity and jerking off." Pleasure is hard to come by. The open world games that I played - Cyberpunk, The Witcher, GTA5, Skyrim in terms of gameplay are much, much more enjoyable than Elden Ring.

W
Wing42 18.03.22

seaforce
Just don't say that ordinary mobs bend over you.

s
sea ​​force 18.03.22

Wing42
gameplay bends me, no interest, no pleasure, stupidity and masturbation

W
Wing42 18.03.22

seaforce Everyone
seems to know that Master Hidetaka does only one plus or minus type of gameplay: run/fight and googling every once in a while in his worlds.
On the contrary, I am interested in exploring locations, admiring their excellent art design and thoughtfulness in detail. And yes, I also get pleasure from both exploration and battles with enemies, like many other players. And as for "stupidity" and "jacking off", it mainly occurs in the minds of people who are used to being led by the hand in games, and victory is always easy.

s
sea ​​force 18.03.22

Wing42
Well, Steam is full of negative reviews, detailed reviews with a lot of arguments why Elden Ring is stuffy. And I agree with these reviews, because my feelings about the game are the same. But I have not seen any of the same positive, with arguments. All some exclamations, but simple phrases. It is obvious that the game is a stuffy masturbation, someone will come in, someone will not. Could the game be better? certainly. Only this needs to be DOED, and FromSoftware is not capable of this.

W
Wing42 18.03.22

seaforce
seaforce wrote:
But I haven't seen one as positive, with arguments.
Because if people like something, then they are not inclined to look for reasons for this, since everything suits them anyway. For some reason, that's how it works.

h
hello 18.03.22

I don’t know how, but this cunning Moldovan Miyazaki managed to force me to use the flea-horned horse proposed for movement when passing the game, which I had not done before in other games, preferring to move on my own two feet.
... turned out to be a convenient thing, and it’s more convenient and safer to bring down the reptiles, sitting on the stomach.
in general, a good toy, not for one month. strange, maybe it sounds for an open world game, but for me it is somehow too big. probably, the former corridor experience of souls games makes itself felt.
I am almost sure that after some time, maybe a year, or maybe two, many players will gladly return to the passage of this game (as a rule, such nostalgia occurs against the backdrop of a long absence of new good games). I am just as sure that this second passage will be no less interesting than the first one, especially since there will already be a lot of new information about all the more or less noticeable nooks and crannies of the game.

Well done fry, keep it up!

M
MLShadow 18.03.22

Fucking first impressions, got out of the dungeon, turned into the swamps, cleared the ruins, opened the chest and... WENT TO HELL! The damn chest was with a teleportation trap, as a result ended up in some kind of poisonous swamp, the sky is red, the swamp is red, demons are prowling everywhere, everything poisons with poison, self-exploding giant beads and all this at the other end of the map, I had to run through the fucking city with invisible magicians , hiding from a giant on a mountain throwing pots and seeing you for kilometers, sneaking past giant evil one-shot birds perched on trees, probably got out for about two hours and breathed a sigh of relief only when he reached the forest, until he met huge bears living there, how wrong I was on considering their size...

s
soulfox 18.03.22

MLShadow
You can open the map and teleport to any fire (grace)

S
Shkudi 18.03.22

Z0rlg wrote:
Crooked combat, in which the character is slow, frail and always
freezing Z0rlg wrote:
this is generally a game only about crooked combat
It smacks of hypocrisy :) What a crooked combat, ah yay yay...

s
soulfox 18.03.22

I have played 60 hours of pure gameplay. Therefore, I think you can already form an opinion about the game.
In short - A very good game with unpleasant rough
edges. Everything And if you have played From games before, you can note that it is very similar to some kind of Dark Souls 3. Only in a conditionally open world.

If you delve into the game and look for flaws in it, then perhaps the following will come out in the first place:
1. A huge world, but too empty. Yes, it perfectly conveys the atmosphere of the apocalypse. It copes with this task by 200%. But sometimes you catch yourself thinking that he is stressing you, running around takes time, and there are not so many interesting things along the way. In the same Skyrim, there was a quest/cave around every corner, some kind of adventure. Here you can wander around the area for a long time and not even meet enemies.
2. Verticality. Just s@fuck@! The developers decided to separate the locations from each other - highlighting some of them on huge plateaus surrounded by abysses or mountains. Sometimes you even find a place where you can more or less safely jump, but you still die according to the script. Yes, yes, according to the fucking script. Sometimes you even rolled off a cliff, touched the ground almost at the foot, but when your feet are at the bottom, you will die. Because that's how it's meant to be. The inability to go where I want, but only in those bottlenecks where the developers allowed, and this is in huge locations! Infuriates! Very annoying!
3. Quests. Well, why can't you add a journal with quests, entries in a convenient form for casuals? And separately turn off everything for lovers of the atmosphere? I really don't understand this.
4. Complexity. It can be seen that the fromes in general have reduced the complexity and the threshold for entering their games. But apparently somewhere inside Miyazaki there is some kind of threshold that he is not ready to cross. The game is too hard in places. Somehow it goes unevenly. And sometimes too much complexity only gets in the way.
5. Outdated mechanics. Pumping from the DC, campfires, the experience system - everything is taken almost like a blueprint from past games. I would like something newer and more flexible.
And all these points, although they are minuses, do not pull the game to the bottom. She has many virtues. I just decided to point out the specific disadvantages that caused me inconvenience.