3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kalo Nord 25.02.22 06:15 pm

Where is the weak link in my PC

Hello! Assembling a new PC is now very expensive and I'm thinking of doing a small upgrade. For example, I play
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. On average, frequent friezes, especially when entering the game and when running. Here is my config:
Intel Core i5-760, 3200 MHz (24 x 133) MSI NVIDIA GeForce
GTX 1650 4GB
RAM 16GB
OS on SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB
HDD for games Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016)
percent Plus I plan to check the HDD, but it will not help the case. Thanks in advance for your advice!
33 Comments
Sort by:
B
Black Future 25.02.22

Marsj
Is this related to the morning events at the border?

M
Marsj 25.02.22

Black Future
Events related. Exchange rates sausage. Prices have skyrocketed.

N
Neron_13 25.02.22

Marsj An
acquaintance, in January he refused to buy a new car, arguing that "prices have now skyrocketed, I will wait until they return to normal." Funny...

I'm sorry for the offtopic

M
Marsj 25.02.22

Neron_13
Prices in the automotive market initially depend on the greed of the dealer. Credit organizations issue long-term loans through dealers.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.02.22

TDP is a kind of "window" through which heat escapes. And the larger it is, the more it can be dissipated, it is easier to cool
there are 2 boilers of the same area but different in power, immersed in buckets of water. which boiler will boil water faster, the one that is weaker or stronger?
and so, yes, some kind of cooling curves there - a hotter body will give off more temples, and if you warm it up, what was luminous will finally cool down perfectly. but for processors, the operating temperature is one, just one gives out 65W of heat, the other 95 is acceptable, and the fact that 95 needs more cooling is more difficult to cool it obviously.

B
Braun Fuhrer 25.02.22

KaloNord
Dude, everywhere.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.02.22

Loken
Well, how can I say, I had a Ryzen 5 1500X installed up to 3600X. It warmed up in games up to 58-62 °. This one can warm up to 78 °. It has 6/12, yours has 8/16. stand out more, and your TDP is 65W. What cooler?
Deep Cool
Valves Aerocool Shark

01001000 01101001
I already wrote about my choice. Not everyone uses dropsy and coolers over 5000 rubles.

D
Default_User_1 25.02.22

Kalo Nord
I would say percent and HDD, for the axis your ssd is also small, because in addition to the axis, all temporary files from all the programs that you installed on the computer (browser, etc.) are then stored in appdata> local and in roaming - when the SSD has less than 15-20 percent (I don’t remember exactly how much) of free space, its data processing speed begins to decline. Most likely you catch friezes due to the fact that the game is on the HDD and these games do not have time to load into the opera due to the speed of the HDD, the video card you still have is also a budget segment, but it is much better than many, so it’s unlikely that it matters - Jedi Fallen on average it should definitely pull out (the bottleneck in your card is video memory (4gb) and memory bus width (128bit). I would like to know more about the frequency and timings of the RAM, but again, I repeat, dig towards the HDD (in he priority.

D
Default_User_1 25.02.22

KaloNord
The main thing on amuda is to take a good memory and be sure to use 2 dice (3000mhz per eye) so that there is a two-channel, in a single channel you will only suffer from friezes even just with the browser turned on.

L
Loken 25.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
I have a 3700x overclocked at 4.4GHz with 1.3 volts. Consumption in the aida test is 100 watts.
Temperatures in Hades are 70-75, in osst 67-68, in games 50-60.
Tower Gammax s40, in the case of 4 turntables 140mm Noctua nf-p14s according to the scheme 2/2.

D
Default_User_1 25.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
Only you forgot the nuance that high-frequency memory will always be with higher timings, but this does not mean that it is bad (usually it is still faster than some of its counterparts with lower frequencies and timings) - If interested, TehnoBelka on YouTube did a good guide on RAM. ? That's what I squeezed out of my shitty memory and R5 2600x, on the old Beavis firmware, the percentage was even better - almost up to 4.1, with a slightly lower voltage.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.02.22

Default_User_1
It's interesting that the girls are dancing.
There is high-frequency memory with low timings. But it will cost a pretty penny
. If you're interested, TehnoBelka made a good guide on RAM on YouTube.
Interesting

Loken
With the current prices for pieces of iron, I think the author will have to reconsider a lot

S
SonyK_2 25.02.22

Default_User_1
KaloNord wrote:
...SSD... 60GB...
Default_User_1 wrote:
...your ssd is too small for the axis...
Depending on how much software is installed there. A 64 GB SSD was enough for me for the OS, programs and a few small games.
... all temporary files from all programs are stored there ...
Depends on the programs and the directness of the user's hands - the temporary folders of the OS, browsers, the paging file (etc.) can be transferred to another disk, for example:
KaloNord wrote:
...HDD... 1TB...