3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mark500 25.02.22 09:31 pm

DL1 vs DL2 (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

Which part did you like best and why? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each part of Dying Light?
30 Comments
Sort by:
x
xmenni 20.08.22

Having installed and played in the second part, honestly, I did not see any parkour. I play at minimum wages, although according to the requirements, the game should have been played at medium levels. I didn't like the plot - it was better in the first part. But based on the fact that in general there is little to play, I will continue to go through!

N
NivilL 20.08.22

DYING LIGHT 2: GRANDPA take arthritis pills or "Zombies are the best tracers of the future!".
Probably, the topic is already of little relevance, but the hell will stop me.
The first thing that catches the eye, perhaps, to everyone who is familiar with the first part, is a change in visual direction. It has undergone, from my point of view, not the best changes, because leaving the "cartoon" from the relative realism in the first part does not look advantageous. By "cartoon" I mean a palette of colors, textures of characters, worlds that are lost in naturalness. And they lost it [naturalness] obviously along the way of development, because on the same demonstration of the first frames of the game, the entire visual was close to the first part. But is it really that bad? Everyone will answer for himself. Another thing is that this very visual is now very much influenced by the hype RTX technology, without which the game turns into a cartoon about Chip and Dale jumping through garbage cans in the world of a zombie apocalypse. When you turn on this stray [RTX], devouring all the resources of your depleted computer, the picture stabilizes: that very naturalness appears due to the change of palette, lighting and shadows. But, I think this is a hack and pushing technology for the sake of technology, because it was possible to make the picture more corny by changing the color gamut without RTX, and this technology does not show an incredible "wow" effect that could not be achieved without it.
[Interestingly, using the built-in image corrector in Nvidia Experience, you can achieve ± a good, more realistic image, although 4-5 percent of fps will be lost]
Definitely, from my belfry, minus for the visual without RTX technology. It gets better with RTX ON, which can't be said for frame rates that go out of the game and are no longer friends with you.
In terms of gameplay, undoubtedly and expectedly, the game has also undergone changes, giving the hero some more simplified (casual - as they say today) parkour. But the bottom line is that this is only towards the end of the game, when you pumped everything you need. At the initial stage, they give us under control a grandfather from the word "lochpedal" (without negativity towards grandfathers, suckers and pedals). How he made it all the way to town with his grandma-level stamina and barrier-jumping schoolboy parkour skills remains on Jacques Fresco's list of mysteries.
And it wouldn't be noticeable if it weren't for the zombies... Oh, yes, those very zombie tracers, the real experts in this field. If David Bell taught parkour to anyone, it was these good guys. While your GG (in the early stages of the game) breathlessly climbs to the second floor of the house, these shabby, barefoot boys manage to fly onto the roof and jump off it on you. It would seem that zombies are literally rotting, dead creatures, without the functions of assimilation of proteins and trace elements that would strengthen their bones, muscles and tendons, jump and run around steeper than any Yamakashi and do not break into dust. This, of course, is bullshit on my part, but kamon - we are not filming with Kozlovsky in films. It would be possible not to turn jogging with zombies into a trash pun, but at the same time, with this element there are many comical moments that cannot but deliver. Yeah, zombies are really fun to interact with
As for the weapon, another element that was cut: yes, there is naturally an explanation for this, but I don’t care to be honest. With the parkour pumped up and all the stray things, guns would be a vestige by the middle of the game.
The plot ... well, it is. RPG? Do not tell my entrance, there are still poor gamers and tired chicks from ONLYFAN, and they don’t have much health for such humor. Yes, there is non-linearity, there is some choice, but it is extremely weak and not worth attention, really. In fact, all that is in this game is space, perky pumped parkour, which allows you to teleport your ass from the former cheburek with loot to the "safe zone" and atmospheric music.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human is definitely fun to jack off in parkour and get some hype from the game, but nothing more.

S
Sidorovich12 20.08.22

In the second part, fierce soap, vyviglaznaya graphics. Lots of parkour bugs and especially missions focusing on a cat whose controls are very underdeveloped. For many moments you stand stupidly and don’t know where to go and what to do .... You walk in circles, cut the location ...

E
Evil in the flash 20.08.22

Sidorovich12 NivilL I
agree. How could you manage to make the graphics worse than in the previous part, which at the same time requires much more resources, and the output is the wildest soap, I went into the settings several times during the game, checked if they had gone astray to the lowest. This is some nonsense :(

N
NivilL 20.08.22

Evil in the flash
hah, damn it, with checking the settings, you definitely noticed that. Every now and then he climbed into them and checked, maybe he didn’t unscrew something or went astray to the minimum salary)

h
hamannsport 20.08.22

Baxmep
is the same garbage! I think maybe the game is normal and I'm snickering? I was really looking forward to this episode though...

a
atmaROZ 20.08.22

The second rocked only today, August 12th. Immediately there was a vague suspicion that the count here, alas, had fallen. Gamma is also left, gouging out the eyes, a lot has been written about this. But I didn’t watch the reviews, I waited for them to hack, so that with my own eyes, without spoilers. There are no norms for a firearm, you can also forget about a pistol with a silencer. There is no external beauty, as in the original.
Preliminary feelings that the developers deserve a good spanking, just because they managed to stupidly make it worse than it was, are really disappointing. Yes, this is only a preliminary look at the initial stage of the plot, but I remember well how it was with the first part. Which went right in and did not let go from the first minutes. It was immediately helmsman in everything, it was a breakthrough in the shooter genre. Expectation from the second part and reality have become such a bummer that it’s straight blah. Unexpected, not the right word.

a
atmaROZ 20.08.22

NivilL
At the expense of the graph, you are on point, I completely agree, the wording is factual, because comparing both parts, the naturalness of the first view is perceived as a standard, and a cartoon fake for it, a treacherous (IMHO) bummer.

m
mweb 04.09.22

Now I play DL1, after the 2nd. I’m not a nerd, I’m just relaxing after work, so hardness in games is in last place for me, the plot is more important. Passed the slums, while the plot 2 went much more. It’s also fiercely annoying that you lose experience when you die, I’ve never seen such garbage anywhere

m
method 20.01.23

Here are some key differences between the two games:

Setting: Dying Light takes place in a city called Harran, which has been quarantined due to a viral outbreak that has turned most of the population into zombie-like creatures. Dying Light 2 takes place in a city called The City, which is a more open-world environment that the player can explore.

Story: Both games have a main storyline that the player can follow, but Dying Light 2 has a more complex and branching narrative structure. The player's choices in the game can affect the story and the world around them in meaningful ways.

Gameplay: Both games feature a first-person perspective and involve fighting against zombie-like creatures, but Dying Light 2 has expanded upon the gameplay of the first game with new mechanics such as the ability to parkour and navigate the environment more freely.

Graphics: Both games have high-quality graphics, but Dying Light 2 has improved upon the graphics of the first game with more detailed environments and character models.

Overall, both Dying Light and Dying Light 2 are highly-rated games that offer a thrilling and immersive survival horror experience. The main differences between the two games are the setting, story, gameplay, and graphics.

Besides that, I have an detailed article which will sort out your all basic to advance query. Read more