3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Andry_Freeman 02.03.22 11:24 pm

Multiplayer / Modified Data (Dying Light)

In general: how to get rid of shadows and other effects that are unnecessary for the gameplay while remaining in an "unmodified" state?
I am using the latest version of the game and "Dying Light Manager".
Here's what official support saidDear,

Unfortunately, we have not released the tools that allow you such modifications, while any external tool will be recognized by the game's system as a mod. Having said that:

• games can be modded,
• modded games will not work online with original unchanged versions,
• modded games will work with other identically modded games.

Please note, however, that your PC does not seem to meet Dying Light's official minimum requirements, which are as follows:

CPU Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.
RAM 4 GB DDR3
HDD 40 GB
Graphic card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 / AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 (1GB VRAM)
DirectX® 11
Sound card DirectX® compatible
Internet Connection
The Game works only on a 64-bit system.

Additionally, video cards which do not support hardware pixel shaders version 5.0 or better do not fully meet the game's minimum specifications and will, therefore, suffer performance issues.

Your system does not meet the above requirements with respect to: the CPU and video card model

As a result, the game can be unstable on your system. We often release patches aimed at improving various issues on supported equipment, however we cannot guarantee stability with respect to unsupported components. Please consult a local computer shop to upgrade your components so that they are on par with the game's official minimum specifications, resulting in a comfortable gameplay.

Best Regards
Grzegorz Krawczyk, TECHLAND

Why can't I refuse to turn off "unnecessary effects" - a weak computer does not allow you to comfortably play at the minimum settings.
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vindly 02.03.22

Because of the cheaters who passed many tests in 00-00 seconds (bozak for example), the players complained and so the developers decided the issue. Cheaters have no place on the leaderboard =)

A
Andry_Freeman 02.03.22

somewhat clearer from what place the legs grow.
but you want to play, but you can’t use new components.
I agree about cheaters, that's just what I and others who can't meet the minimum requirements should suffer from.

c
cryostaz 02.03.22

and my computer only pulled the first video in the game, and then could not play because of such terrible lags)

A
Andry_Freeman 02.03.22

Here I stand on the pavement in skis shod. either the skis don't go... or I'm out of my mind...
apparently you can stay "clean" by editing the existing files in "C:Users[username]DocumentsDyingLightout".
some usefulness can be fixed in "settingsvideo.scr".
or disabling shadows from the sun in "datascriptsvarlist_performance.scr" line "i_shadows_sun_on" change 1 to 0.
help me understand more, please.