3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
7Rain7 03.03.22 10:21 pm

Connecting Gforce for Physics to R9 290x

Hello. I decided to try to connect a second gforce video card to r9 290x to enable phisix. There were no such problems with the old cards, there were some patches there. Has anyone tried to connect such a bundle with modern vidyahi and firewood? The PSU will pull it out, there are also two x16 lines, both x16 work simultaneously.
4 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eroppo 03.03.22

I read somewhere that in dx12 this feature should work fine, even the built-in vidyuha can be fully used in parallel with the discrete one, not only for physics. Another question is whether support is needed for this in the toys themselves, or it is Windows that performs these functions.

7Rain7 03.03.22

eroppo
The toy should just support physics. The second vidyakha simply processes physics, the final image will still be processed by the first vidyakha. So the Igors should not care.

p
pop9096 03.03.22

FPS sags without PhysX hardware support? CPU not pulling physics calculations through software physics emulator? What's the problem?

7Rain7 03.03.22

pop9096
no problem. I actually have a cross from the 290x. I just decided to launch giraffe buns. Why not, if both mother and BP allow.