3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Absolute_power 04.03.22 12:49 am

Pet textures flying off (The Sims 3)

Textures fly off for pets (cats and dogs of all ages), only horses and horses are fine, sims also have textures in order, I play on medium-minimum
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
Absolute_power 04.03.22

a
abettor1978 04.03.22

I had a similar glitch, but only with the landscape, roofs and trees. The same incomprehensible stripes, as well as geometric shapes and curved lines. I fixed it after I made the resolution in the game the same as on my desktop (raised it to 1680x1050), and returned the graphics settings (before that I lowered them so that the game slowed down less). What exactly helped, I can not answer. But the desire to experiment in the settings is gone))
Also, as an option, temporarily rename the Packages folders in the documents and in Program Files. Suddenly some buggy mod spoils everything. The paths for the Packages folders are usually:

In Documents:
Windows XP: Documents and Settings(Current User Account)My DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3ModsPackages
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users(Current User Account)DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3ModsPackages

In the game folder:
C:Program FilesElectronic Arts The Sims 3ModsPackages

And start the game, see if the glitch is gone or not. Then the renamed folders can return their names. It still doesn't hurt to check the mods with the Sims3 Dashboard (available here in the "Files").

A
Absolute_power 04.03.22

I don’t have mods, only those that were immediately pirated, but to shaman with the settings, you need to try

A
Absolute_power 04.03.22

It helped to change the settings to standard, most likely it is the pixel shaders that are responsible for this glitch