3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LittleJoke 05.03.22 10:26 pm

Gtx 770 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Owners of this video card, how many fps does this card give you in loaded places? In a lot of places I see how guys with 770 say that on ultra-high or even ultras (without hair) everything is fine for them, fps 40-50+, below 30 it doesn’t fall anywhere at all and all that. Here, I made a video where I show my FPS at medium-high, ultra-high and ultra (without hair) in rainy weather in vronnitsy and undergrowth: . As you can see, on ultras without hair, there are generally 20 fps, on medium-high (medium draw distance + shadows, shading ssao, no hair, everything else is high, there is nothing on ultra), exactly 30, in the garden of vronnits for a couple of seconds up to 28 -29 falls. Is everyone in the same situation? Because I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that people with the same hardware say they play with 40+ at ultra-high)
PS Iron showed at the end of the video - 770, i7 3770, 8gb, full hd, the latest drivers for vidyuhi.
80 Comments
Sort by:
B
BrutalVlad 05.03.22

I have 770 for 4 gigabytes from Gigabyte, 3770 percent and 8 operatives, everything is on ultra, except for the drawing distance and water with vegetation, no physics and transcendental quality at low. It gives out stable 45-60 fps, sometimes it really drops to 28-30, but very rarely and it’s not clear why, once it even dropped to 20-22 fps, I didn’t understand what the problem was and it was, by the way, in the forest . Yes, and the driver is not the latest version, but the version that went to the release of GTA V on PeKa.

t
tesla707 05.03.22

on one foreign forum, modders found a software lock in the driver for the GTX770
"have a software limitation like nvidia driver and 7xx series on witcher 3"
I think NVIDIA will fix this soon, so wait for a new batch of drivers.

R
RipBoy 05.03.22

There was already a similar topic here, but the moderators rubbed it because of the inflamed srach. The essence of the topic was as follows - since video cards based on the Kepler core have already been discontinued, Nvidia began to artificially underestimate the performance of video cards based on this core (including 770), so that video cards based on the newer Maxwell core look more advantageous and they are more actively bought.

H
Harizma6965 05.03.22

LittleJoke
I have about the same configuration of the 3770 processor in overclocking, the RAM is 8 GB, though I have a pair of gtx 770 from asus and the vios is wired with overclocked settings .., well, the settings are not all at transcendental quality, the quality of detail is ultra, the quality of the shadows is high, the quality of the relief is very high, the quality of the texture is high, the water quality is ultra, twilight rays, anti-aliasing is all on. I’m very happy. I’ll deviate a little from the witcher, installing Assassin’s Creed Unity ran into a number of problems. In this game, as for anti-aliasing and shadows, they don’t work at all! On a pair of gtx 770 at high settings + shadows, you can’t play anti-aliasing! and everything is fine

K
Kosolapyi1 05.03.22

Guys, what is your temperature? Even one has 60-65, and I have 80 ...

H
Harizma6965 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1
You really have a high temperature.

R
RipBoy 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1 Guys, what is your temperature? Even one has 60-65, and I have 80 ...

80 degrees is an absolutely normal temperature for this video card. The turbine of Nvidia reference cards is configured in such a way as to maintain the temperature of the video chip within 84 degrees.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1Which card exactly? give me a photo or a link.

K
Kosolapyi1 05.03.22

Harizma6965
In principle, I do not experience any problems, except for the heat. And the allowable temperature of the card, according to NVIDIA itself, is 95 degrees. I just don't understand why you have 10 degrees less.
Pon4ik007
770 asus 2gb

s
saa0891 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1

Guys, what is your temperature? Even one has 60-65, and I have 80 ...

The temperature depends primarily on the CO of the video card (of course, the case and coolers also contribute to it), if you have a reference, then this is normal, but for a non-reference, this is already too much though not critical.

q
qurus 05.03.22

i have 770 i with 2 me and 4 gigabytes ddr5

R
RipBoy 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1 Most likely, their video cards have non-reference cooling, which is usually somewhat more efficient.

K
Kosolapyi1 05.03.22

Well, I already passed the game with 80 degrees. It turns out the temperature is tolerable and you can safely play again?)

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1
I also have such a card. It's not very much and I have 78 degrees. Download MSI Afterburner and in the cooler section, set the schedule for yourself. It is possible to unscrew the speed by 80%. Turntables are fairly quiet.

G
Grimgash 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1 Something
like this.
Spoiler
The second value is idle, and the third is under load.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1
Download what I advised and get in the mood.

R
RipBoy 05.03.22

Here you are strange. Nvidia engineers set everything up a long time ago and flashed it into the bios of the video card so that the cooling system tries to maintain the temperature within 84 degrees, which are the absolute norm for this video card, but your head doesn’t give rest to your hands, or what?

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

RipBoy
Yeah. Lada says the same about their cars. ))) It will not get worse from what he does, but vice versa.

t
tesla707 05.03.22

Kosolapyi1
depends a lot on the ventilation of the body, and not 120 farts, but 200 or more.
I have an AeroCool case with a side 220mm. fan, inside the temperature of all components is not higher than 30 degrees. I remember how I suffered with the old building, in which there were no places for normal fans and the temperature was above 50 degrees. Accordingly, the video card is well blown under load, and the PSU fan pulls it all out.

W
WWQ 05.03.22

I have 770 4gb in overclocking 1267 8000 (with boost) 80-82c, pulls on full ultra without smoothing and blurring, stable 37-45 fps,
very playable for RPG, below 31 fps I have not seen drawdowns.