3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Desepy 10.03.22 12:11 am

Whispering Hill (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

There is a random mistake in the title "Spoilers"

I probably read all the comments on various sites
I did not come to the conclusion whether to kill the spirit?
On the one hand, this spirit will save the children, whom we will later see in the orphanage in Novigrad, but at the same time the Baron and his wife will die. The baron and his wife seem to deserve death, but they don't. Also, the spirit will burn the village, someone will say that this is evil, but this village worshiped witches, maybe it’s right (But there are also children and girls in the village, I doubt that they somehow treated witches). There will be a pogrom in the castle, as there is no one to rule.
If the spirit is killed, then the Baron and his wife will remain alive (the wife will go crazy and they will leave Velen with the Baron to the healer), the children will be devoured, the witch hunters will hang a couple of people from the Steiger village. There will also be a pogrom in the castle.
What is right on the part of the witcher?
70 Comments
Sort by:
n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

And the Baron brutally killed this guy. In general, these two are worth each other, only their daughter is worse.

He says that in order to do a small good, one must choose a big evil.

E
Elite User 10.03.22

NightHawkreal
Well, if I were the Baron, I would send him to the gallows too. He knew that she was the Baron's wife, so only he was to blame. And the bastard daughter, too, sided with her mother, or maybe she didn’t know all the details.
Then, having killed the spirit, he chose the lesser evil to do the greater good.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Machismo? Interestingly, didn’t the baron start a LPG on a long campaign? And in general, he is henpecked, able to rebuff his wife only after drinking to a bestial state.

And paid for it with five innocent lives.

E
Elite User 10.03.22

NightHawkreal The point
is that they were already a family and they had a daughter, so the wife would not normally go for love with who knows who. And I don’t think that Baron PPZh started it, especially since he, in his stomach, hadn’t fought like that for 10 years. He said that she was there when he won and when he returned beaten. It can be seen that he appreciated her, but could not stand betrayal. So it resulted in the fact that he beat her and she and her daughter fell down. I think if she hadn’t been so frivolous, the Baron would not have beaten her, because in the end he helped Ciri, but he could simply send her or even kill her, even though Ciri is not a hindrance to his entire pseudo army.

C
Chukchi in the plague 10.03.22

All the misunderstandings about why the death of a baron for developers is a "greater evil" than the death of children may lie in that version of Christian morality common in Poland and in the West in general - in this version of Christianity, the so-called. "a repentant sinner" means much more than any righteous man who saved buttercup bunnies all his life - the second one, of course, well done, but nothing special, but a repentant sinner must certainly "understand, forgive and let go."
In the Russian version of Christianity, the emphasis is on the values ​​of the family - in which children play an important role.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Elite User
Rather, she did not forget that murder for him and he beat her because she constantly gouged him, skillfully putting pressure on his weaknesses and reminding him of all his punctures. He sheltered Ciri at first out of surprise - she fell out of nowhere and carried a werewolf into her lungs, and then he simply became attached to her, seeing in her the likeness of his beloved daughter.

B
Belarusians 10.03.22

Hello everyone. Need help in the form of a save. After patch 1.4, the game stopped running. I had to reinstall Windows. someone like saving, skinte pliz!!!!
Thanks.

a
anarchoid 10.03.22

Sergey Miklashevich
And the player usually gets into this dilemma after Keira's quest... Where it is clearly shown what happens if you free anyone. So what about the logic - a moot point. I've slammed. Because the pestilence maiden and one very interesting book.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Well, there are a lot of hints that the lady is lying.

s
st2050 10.03.22

anarhoid
What's wrong with Keira's quest? I did what she asked. Nothing terrible seems to have happened.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Not yet evening.

L
Loken3 10.03.22

He released the spirit, All the same, I feel sorry for the children. Well, plus then I didn’t know that the village would die and everything would turn out like this with the baron. In general, in fact, it’s probably better to kill the spirit, then after the death of the witches in the swamps, people themselves will be able to live as they want.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

The village will fall anyway, not so of course, but it will.

B
BLATNOY1 10.03.22

The spirit imprisoned under the tree is the mother of three witches, they should not be trusted. This can be learned from the book of the mistress of the forest in my opinion. On the one hand, as you noted in the topic, this is the baron, his wife, and the whole village, which will not only be burned, all people will be killed in it, including children. But with this you will save 4-5 children who were waiting for death. But is it worth trusting their own mother of these witches? In the second case, only children will die, and an evil that is higher than the witches themselves. There is no good and evil, there is only a lesser evil and a greater one. I think it's better to kill the spirit.

A
Alexey Khvesko 10.03.22

Gray_Wolf 95
Also killed the spirit. I decided to rid Velen of this infection and cut out both the witches and their mother, so that later many generations of children could live in peace, and not just a handful of orphans. Moreover, if you release mara, then in the village, during madness, women kill babies with their heads against the wall, and this is somehow creepy =, /
It’s a pity that with good endings, you can’t beat the last witch.

G
GventPlayer 10.03.22

I don’t understand at all why this topic was fixed in a hat :-) people spread a chamomile here - to kill is not to kill :-)
if it comes to that, no one here even bothered to conduct a study: how much experience do they give for this and that way of passing this quest. This is the most objective criterion in my opinion :-)

T
Temporum 10.03.22

He freed the spirit, told the witches, they were unhappy, the gameplay for Ciri began, the joke is this, when Ciri fights off and runs away from the hounds of the wild hunt at the very end of the road, she stands in her way ... who would you think? .. the same crow a horse with red eyes and an NPC even signed "Black Mara". There is no dialogue with her, just looks at me and the cutscene ends)) Has anyone had this?
Here is a screen to confirm

I would like to know what it means and are the fates of the Spirit and Ciri intertwined somehow?
Respond, is this the case for everyone, or did the developers change something with the quest in patch 1.05?

Y
Yaroslav Bondarev 10.03.22

Temporum
I also saw this horse in the cut scene for Ciri (freed the spirit)

G
Grevon 10.03.22

Desepy
is not true, there is a 3 way, you don’t take the mission for the baron yet, but you release the spirit, and at the end of the mission the baron is alive and his wife and children.

A
Amyn 10.03.22

Grevon
Checked? it would be good.
I killed the spirit. I was afraid that the baron would climb into the loop and the entire territory subject to him would fall into a wild decline. And so, he promises not to thump and raises all these starving territories and everything more or less. Well, the madness of his wife, she has experienced too much.