3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Desepy 10.03.22 12:11 am

Whispering Hill (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

There is a random mistake in the title "Spoilers"

I probably read all the comments on various sites
I did not come to the conclusion whether to kill the spirit?
On the one hand, this spirit will save the children, whom we will later see in the orphanage in Novigrad, but at the same time the Baron and his wife will die. The baron and his wife seem to deserve death, but they don't. Also, the spirit will burn the village, someone will say that this is evil, but this village worshiped witches, maybe it’s right (But there are also children and girls in the village, I doubt that they somehow treated witches). There will be a pogrom in the castle, as there is no one to rule.
If the spirit is killed, then the Baron and his wife will remain alive (the wife will go crazy and they will leave Velen with the Baron to the healer), the children will be devoured, the witch hunters will hang a couple of people from the Steiger village. There will also be a pogrom in the castle.
What is right on the part of the witcher?
70 Comments
Sort by:
P
Playersaharan 10.03.22

Amyn
The territory will fall into decay anyway, for while the Baron heals his wife, his people will also loot as if he were dead

I
I saoromat l 10.03.22

For those who think that in the third option they will save the children, this is not so, they seem to be sitting there in a shelter, the faces are the same, but there are no names and no note. After reading the branch, I was only convinced of the illogicality of the quest with the spirit. Either the book lies and the witches killed the defender of the forest, and the little book was bungled for the masses, indirectly this is indicated by the fact that the spirit did not take revenge on the witches themselves, or because of a lack of strength, which is unusual for the mother who gave birth to them, or the relatives and their blood the hand did not rise, or a classic of the genre about the division of power, the three sisters, regardless of whether the mother was good or not, made a coup d'état, so to speak) Well, for starters, no one wrote anything about Ivasik, and he tried to cast a spell on Anna with some kind of weed, but the witches frightened him away. I've been looking for that weed for an hour, but I haven't found it. Even according to the very logic of the game, there should have been much more options for endings. They also forgot about the fortune-teller and the medallion that blocked the witches' spells, Geralt could well use it, but the fortune-teller is silent about this, it has been verified. And even the death of the baron is somehow ridiculous, because the incredible happened, they finally BOTH forgave each other. The whole opus is to the fact that the developers (purely in my opinion) left the quest unfinished.

C
CEMENTER 10.03.22

when I heard about the carved village, I shuddered, and when I saw the hanged baron hanging on a bitch, I started the replay. The child's hand from the witch's apron pocket already looks bad, and their gurgling at the expense of the taste of the kids is generally disgusting to the point of impossibility, but the baron is almost the only normal dude in the game. maybe Leto from Gulet looks and behaves normally. It’s disgusting to look at the rest of the characters, not to say that they solve some cases in the story together. So my choice is the living Baron Velen and all that.

I
I saoromat l 10.03.22

L|EMEHTATOP
I'll upset you a little, because the spirit did save the orphans, it could well save the children from the village, and your version doomed the orphans to soup, and the children from the village to the sweet path that also leads to the witches' cauldron. And witches could well have sent nightmares to the village so that the peasants would burn the forest. And many feel sorry for the baron, I myself have postponed the quest until new circumstances are clarified)

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

I saoromat l
For a fortune teller, I think not to compete with the Witches. He could hide, but it is unlikely to release. And why would the noble Don not hang himself - the youngest daughter died before being born, the eldest does not want to know, and even got in touch with thugs, his wife is no more. Of course, I want to climb onto the Christmas tree and .... not prick, but alas, this is not always possible.

By the way, under the Baron, his soldiers also robbed everyone - over there in the tavern, people hide their daughters and pigs.

G
Guragcha 10.03.22

Witches are an endless slavery for all who live in the Swamps. The baron is a deserter. Loop to him by the way. Wife and daughter - checkpoints.

a
antonsyropyatov 10.03.22

What a dilemma! Ahaha. To be honest, I'm tired of reading all this. It was also a little interesting what and how ... Karoch replayed the plot again and decided to fill up this spirit, so that the Baron remained alive and cured his wife. For me personally, before reading all your posts, the decision was made in favor of the Baron because:
- Well, a normal uncle in general and in general, well, he was a bastard... I’m sorry I’ll correct myself!
- At the end of the storyline, the cartoon is played, where the developers make it clear that everything is twofold, they say Geralt did not kill the spirit and saved the kids from being eaten, but released even more evil into the world of God! Karoch, according to the developers, is bad. And so the game is over for an adult. There is no perfect white and black in any quest. Everywhere tsuko stigma in the cannon ... Good luck to everyone in passing as you like!

O
Old_Nick 10.03.22

In general, tears on the topic "The Baron beat his wife!", This is ... yes, I don’t know what to call it.
Gentlemen, we have, for a moment, the Middle Ages! The husband should "admonish" the children and the household.
That's when a peasant in the village asks Geralt, they say: "You are an experienced person, tell a woman is it enough to beat once a week, or is it necessary more often?" That is yes - the "knightly" Middle Ages. And when Tomara cries "he beat my mother, and I hid under the bed" - then this is modern "propaganda against domestic violence" and absolutely does not correspond to the spirit of the game. Another moment about the Baron - in the medieval concepts "owner" = "land", mutilation of the king = crop failure, etc. Accordingly, the death of a baron, especially a shameful suicide, = death of the region. What we actually observe in the atrocities of his soldiers and the liberated spirit. It is clear that he will not stop at one village, but will take revenge on everyone who brought gifts to his "daughters"
About children. "Sweet path", alas, again - in a certain period of time, the norm of life of any peasant community from Scandinavia to the Pacific Ocean. And the Slavs are the same - see a lot of fairy tales, such as "Frost", etc. No matter how terrible it may seem to us, women gave birth every 1.5-2 years, and although she lived well until 2-3 years old if a third, all the same - physically the agrarian community could not feed so many mouths.
Therefore, in fact, there is no choice - if Geral saves these children, then the peasants (and remember - witch fans are not just one village, but the whole Velen) will still continue to send others to the forest. If he destroys the spirit, they will eat the orphans of war, the "locals" will receive a reprieve, but only a reprieve. Sooner or later the witches will need new victims.
By witches. Yes, they are terrible, but they keep their word. They help the peasants, at a high price and in a peculiar way, but they help. Geralt is honestly told the full story about the meeting with Ciri, incl. and what they wanted to eat. Those. honesty is a hallmark of witches, why should we assume that they deceived with the spirit? Again - if the daughters are monsters, then the mother cannot be an angel "what they fertilized - then it grew"

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

By the way, did the spirit cut out the village? Maybe they really just went crazy or the witches decided to punish them and Geralt?

d
delamer1 10.03.22

NightHawkreal
Peyzan learned from the conversation that the baron did not always allow the soldiers to act out of order. But after the escape of his wife and daughter, he fell into a binge, and he didn’t care.