3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nik Osipov 11.03.22 11:26 pm

Crashes (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

It seems that this has already been written about, but still, people help !!!
I have Skyrim on Steam, I played it for about three months, then I scored for two months, and at the beginning of July I decided to start playing, and I wanted to go through it all over again, there are no old saves, there is only one left.
I play, I play, and when you run out of the cave with this ass, the game crashes. But then you enter the game again, it starts, you reach the village and crashes again. I go in again, do everything in the forge, go further along the plot and where there is a troll lying around, and a bunch of people, it flies out. Preserved near the honey factory nearby, I run towards the castle and again everything flies out, I can’t go any further, each time a simple flight to the desktop without any pop-up errors.
What to do with it? I played normally for three months, and now I started it and everything is bad. The graphics are on a medium, all the official add-ons that are installed are installed, without mods at all. Can you tell me all the possible solutions to the problem?
Thank you very much in advance!
9 Comments
Sort by:
A
AU883RK0N7R011E 11.03.22

Nik
Osipov

A
AndrewTi 11.03.22

There are really a lot of options:
Did you change the iron?
Is the swap file worth it?
Fashion?

U
UnholyChaplain 11.03.22

AndrewTi
"installed all the official add-ons that are, without mods at all." Can't you read?

N
Nik Osipov 11.03.22

Quantum 3Dfx
And how to check the integrity?
I didn’t change the iron, everything remained as it was, but it started to fly stupidly ...

d
droid343 11.03.22

try to reinstall, this often happens. I haven’t played since January and launched it in June. The bastard also flew out, but then reinstalled it. Works great.

p
pavlukravluk 11.03.22

If reinstalling the game does not help, then it seems to me that you have a problem with the computer itself. According to the idea, when you play, you run somewhere, then files are loaded into the RAM or into the swap file, and stupidly there is not enough memory, and through this there are crashes. Check the system for this.

d
daniel_monahov 11.03.22

AndrewTi
_

N
Nik Osipov 11.03.22

droid343
pavlukravluk
Thanks, I'll try)

A
AU883RK0N7R011E 11.03.22

Nik Osipov
Try all the following instructions in the order in which they are presented. Skip the steps that don't work for you.

Windows Vista, 7 or 8 users
Skip this step and continue to the next if you are not using Windows Vista, 7 or 8.
Close Steam.
Right click on the shortcut with which you launch Steam.
Select "Run as Administrator".
Once Steam is open, follow the instructions in the Verify Integrity of Game Cache section.

Windows XP Users
Skip this step and continue to the next if you are not using Windows XP.
Close Steam
Go to the "Start" menu and select "Run", write "regedit" (without quotes) and click the "OK" button.
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE.
Right click on it and select "Permissions".
Check the boxes in the "Allow" column for the "Administrators" and "System" groups, opposite the "Full Control" and "Read" items.
Start Steam again and follow the instructions in the "Verifying the Integrity of the Game Cache" section.

Checking the integrity of the game cache (for all operating systems)
Launch Steam.
Right-click on the game in the Library and select Properties.
Open the Local Files tab and click the Verify Integrity of Cache… button.
Steam will verify the integrity of the game's cache files, this operation may take several minutes.
After the operation is completed, the verification window will automatically close.
Important: Unable to check one or more files.
This is normal for most games on Steam. Files that cannot be checked are files with settings that should not be replaced during the check. You can ignore this message.
Warnings:
Do not run the scan while other processes that load the system, such as defragmenting the hard drive or scanning for viruses, are running.
Do not run this process for multiple games at the same time.