3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lllllllama 12.03.22 02:05 am

I don't understand Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed: Syndicate)

As you know, Ubisoft released a lot of games on the same (almost) engine.
It was originally called Scimitar:
- Assassin's Creed
- Prince of Persia (2008)
- Shaun White Snowboarding
Then it became Anvil, but there have been changes and improvements in many aspects:
- Assassin's Creed II
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Next came AnvilNext:
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Assassin's Creed Unity (AnvilNext 2.0, has graphical improvements)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
And a version of the engine called AnvilX (I didn't see any difference from AnvilNext 2.0, at least in gameplay videos):
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate
And now the question is: Why tell people that the new version is completely different, a previously unseen engine created specifically for a game? This problem has been around since ACIII, and now Ubisoft claims that the next part of the series is being developed on a completely new engine (I'm talking about ACSyndicate and its AnvilX)
PS Information about engines, their names and games is taken from Wikipedia.
26 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

oh those engines engines.
if someone says that he has a new engine, then he knows better. plus posons are satisfied uuu cool new engine! and in kalovduti everything is an engine from the time of Bati's youth.
I remember how they argued with links to Wikipedia that Skyrim has a completely new engine.
it's more about who positions their engine as it is. for example, unreal3 and sruenzhyn 3 have a significant difference in rendering capabilities between the latest and earlier versions; the only common ones are, let's say, the core that sets the set of logic and rendering capabilities. and this is only the rendering part, and there are still many aspects in the engine that we do not visually see.
therefore, it is not necessary that Yubasoft means by "new engine" its some graphical capabilities or there is a different core, but technically we do not see this, since the set of technologies is approximately the same.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 12.03.22

MunchkiN 616
Here, a healthy, excellent statement, at least someone remembered other games)

Everyone looks at the AC series and yells "FU KANVEIR, NEVER PLAY!", And they themselves play, but not a word flies towards Kolda, on the Kolda series, you can make a perpetual motion machine, there will be an endless influx of energy. They change the game only by the plot and maybe slightly tweak the graphics higher, that's it, that's where all the changes end, the same with multiplayer. But to crap the AU is already a tradition of all morons, someone imposed this opinion on them and now they are shitting everywhere.

g
givemethedust 12.03.22

Pavel0198
I, as it were, are also a fan of the series,
but in the direction of Kolda not a word flies at all It is
immediately clear that you are not just a "fan" of the AU. Kolda is vilified in exactly the same way, and played in exactly the same way.

A

Givemethedust
Why are you?

g
givemethedust 12.03.22

Pavel0198
to the fact that for some reason fans of the series say that no one scolds other pipelines. Although all games are scolded, even "masterpieces 10 out of 10" are claims. As for the vehicle, I don't remember Yubiki boasting about the new engine in AC. But still, the transition from the second part to the third was noticeable in terms of graphics. Like the difference between Unity and AC4.

And even the words that in the direction of Kolda not a word flies at all is complete nonsense. It is enough to go to any blog of this game and half of the messages will be about the engine from the 3rd quake, another half about the lack of ideas and the conveyor.

A

Givemethedust
Well, I don't know, I rarely see statements like that.