3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22 03:29 am

NVIDIA SHIELD Portable

Guys! I'm thinking of getting this device; I want to discuss the pros and cons. If anyone has one, please post.

21 Comments
Sort by:
G
GTAman 12.03.22

ninuzhen

K
Kosh13 12.03.22

In my opinion, portables have become obsolete. Now carrying an extra device with you just to play is simply silly. And yes, it costs a lot of money.
In short, there are many problems, 0 benefits.
Total: Recommended only for incurable nerds.

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

Kosh13
That is recommended to me ;D

K
Kosh13 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
If you were like that, you would have already bought it without any questions

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

Kosh13
I don't agree with you at all. With the current trends in the development of streaming services, there is a prospect to take this thing. And it is not necessary to carry it with you - such a thing will come in handy at home.

V-Nine
Why not?

K
Kosh13 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
At home, even without this thing, everything you need is there. And what do you need besides a computer? You can go to the toilet with the same phone or tablet.

G
GTAman 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
To kill time on the road or in a queue, there are enough toys on a regular phone, and full-fledged gaming is at home on a PC.

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

V-Nine
A regular phone is designed for making calls. And I'm thinking of buying it as a replacement for the tablet.

V
Vanya Rygalov 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
If you have pennies - buy it, if you don't have it - it doesn't matter, sell the kidney, but buy it.

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

Vanya Rygalov
I think to sell the tablet and buy it
Also, the money will remain.

R
RicoChico 12.03.22

If you take it for streaming, then the little thing is pretty cool, but the screen is small. If on the road, then the pieces of iron are already quite not advanced.

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

RikoChiko
Personally identified several advantages for himself:
Access to the grid service
Capacious battery (if I'm not mistaken ~ 7350 mAh) (by the way, a small screen in terms of power consumption is a plus)
Nvidia pays a lot of attention to shield devices and does not abandon old models (there are only 3 in this line devices, that's the reason for this)
And finally, I'll say about convenience: I didn't hold the device in my hands, but I read and heard a lot of positive reviews in the reviews about ergonomics.

J
Just Stand 12.03.22

Actually, who is here and who is persuading to buy it, comrade consultant?

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

Just Stand
I do not persuade)
I just try to think analytically and, arguing, form an opinion about this device.

J
Just Stand 12.03.22

Yes, yes, I understand, and I [deleted] did not rest against your opinion about him :)

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

Just Stand
Then why are you even here?
You do not own this device.
You can't say anything significant about him.
You are not planning to buy.
Did you come by to try and pin me down? In the hope that peers will finish reading what they were asked at school for the summer, will see and support you?
In that case, go away and iron the uniform for September 1st.

G
GTAman 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
A regular phone is designed for making calls.
Then why does it have a multi-core processor, gigabytes of memory and other things that are not required for calls?

B
BioCommands 12.03.22

V-Nine
¯ _ (tsu) _ / ¯

i
ingvar_taver 12.03.22

V-Nine
The main function, as originally intended, is to make calls.
And multi-core processors, gigabytes of memory and so on in ours to be able to use various additional functions. IMHO.

G
GTAman 12.03.22

ingvar_taver
The main function, as originally intended, is to make calls.
A modern phone, in general, is wrong to call a phone (and a smartphone too), it is already a pocket computer, which, among other things, can make calls. This is one of its main functions, but it cannot be said that other functions, such as a media player or a digital camera, are implemented at a lower level than calls.