3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
andrew practice 12.03.22 03:29 am

which of these gtx 970 would you choose???

MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4 GB
ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC 4 GB
Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD
41 Comments
Sort by:
S
Skilldex 12.03.22

Get ASUS. They are said to be more reliable, but also more expensive, respectively. I don't know, I'd take from ASUS if I were you...

A
Anddruxa 12.03.22

XZ as for me, then all these cards are good.
It is clear that everyone wants a reliable long-lived card. But there is a model that is vaunted for some thread ... and bye-bye
... and another, called by everyone all sorts of bad things, the card can serve from 10 years .... You can’t guess here)

a
andrew practice 12.03.22

Yes, you have a bathyscapuff
thanks, I also tend to this option more)

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Andrew Praxis

MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G - excellent CO, runs great, relatively compact (279 mm), cons: memory chips are soldered on the back side of the board, and are not covered by heatsinks. But this "minus" is doubtful. For all the time since the release, not a single owner of this card has burned out the memory)

ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC 4 GB - there is a backplate, 289 mm length, excellent cooling. Cons: limited in power limits (i.e., power) at the BIOS level (well, it has one 8-pin power connector), which can affect overclocking.

Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD is an effective CO, high power limits are initially protected. Cons: 312 mm long (it won't fit into every case), the fans run at 1600 rpm when idle, while the previous cards don't work at all at idle, and run at 1400-1500 rpm under load.

PS: I have 2 970 cards: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G and its modified version MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 100ME. 100ME has a backplate, i.e. the memory is covered, the bios is flashed with the freshest initially, and the Far Cry 4 game pad is included. Oh, yes. she has a casing 1 cm longer, i.e. she is like asus strix in length ..

here they are

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Andrew Praxis

In general, an article was published on overs today for you personally)) Choosing an

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 video card: a review of 12 models

J
JONDROGON 12.03.22

All of them are good in their own way, well, I would buy MSI

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

probably gigobuyt mk the kindest overclocking and the kindest cooling
in asus strix did not understand the reason for the joke 8peak feeder instead of 2x6 peak. the last phases of nutrition are 2 times more + a thick body and pain with a possible
sli msi is average and dull, but msi has the ability to unlock the voltage. I do not need overclocking, so at the discretion.
finally I would take it - I would look for it with a turbine. because with a turbine it is possible in a cramped case. Nvidia has really low turnover. only 3000 delivered and baked. I don't trust propellers.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

MunchkiN 616

you need to learn the materiel intensively. For everything that is written above is the nonsense of a dunno on the moon.

a
andrew practice 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Thanks for the detailed answer and the link, after reading the article on the clockers, I realized that it is better to take from asus or msi, even though the very old 460 from gigabyte. Only now I'm wondering if there is a whistle of chokes on them ??? Asus writes that there is no such thing, but I don’t know about msi.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Andrew Praxis

is whistled by many cards, regardless of manufacturer. My first msi gaming 4g whistles while loading some games (where more than 300 fps). The second one is completely silent.
Whistling can be removed by software methods, locking the FPS at around 200, as an option.

a
andrew practice 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-
So it's still better to choose from msi ???

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Andrew Praxis

if you do not indulge in overclocking - take any of the 2, asus or msi. Or you can look for MSI CTX970 Gaming 100ME - it has both an asus-like backplate and a Far Cry 4 mat as a bonus in the box)

P
PaganGrinder 12.03.22

There seemed to be some problems with the Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD, the owners responded. In general, you can find negative reviews about all 970, take 980, it is full-fledged and uncompromising

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich -
what's wrong? Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD initially has a higher factory frequency and cooling is quite efficient. hence stable overclocking is possible further.
MSI, regardless of the model, was distinguished by the presence in the utility of overclocking and raising the voltage more than recommended.
I would not choose strix purely looking at the power supply where there is no separate line for memory and chip. TC 8-peak differs from 6-peak by the presence of 2x. those maximum power on it is initially limited.

G
GONE TO DTF 12.03.22

Even gigabytes somehow do not inspire confidence in their CO lately.

p
pecabir 12.03.22

I took from gigabyte. like norms, chokes do not squeak, growth in games is normal

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

MunchkiN 616
what's wrong? Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD initially has a higher factory frequency and cooling is quite efficient.

cooling at the level of MSI Gaming. Only now it is quite noisy - in idle time 1600 rpm, and in load it is 2200 rpm, or even more. Three small fans run at this speed. In msi gaming, in idle time, the valves do not work at all, and in the load 2 turntables spin at 1400-1500 rpm.

b
bloomm 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-
at 1600 it is not audible and in a closed case at such speeds it is not possible to hear ... It becomes noisy after 2600 and above.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

bloomm
at 1600 it is not audible and in a closed case at such speeds it is not possible to hear ... It becomes noisy after 2600 and above.

the owners of this card, whom I know, have a different opinion ..

b
bloomm 12.03.22

And I'm sitting sniffing a box from her.