3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tekos 12.03.22 04:31 am

Numidia (Total War: Rome)

Played for many factions, and always for the strong ones! Tired, boring like that, victory is a matter of time! I decided to try some weak faction, started playing for Numidia, it's very difficult, after 3-4 years you go into the red! But I got out (which I'm a little proud of) and went through the full campaign, at the end of the game I had more than 500 thousand money! It was interesting to play! I advise everyone to try! And who else besides me played for Numidia, went through the campaign? Interesting! Or which faction do you think was the hardest to play?
64 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bethrezen 12.03.22

I'm playing now for Numidia. very hard / very hard. what you need to do in order to win: 1. forget about the region in the west - egypt will take it with its endless attacks anyway. walls. 3 we disband all units except cavalry and slingers. having gathered all the units into a fist, we go to faps when there is no one in it or to Carthage. after capturing these two cities with Carthage, you can make a truce and establish trade. we are capturing Sicily and the islands. having captured them, the road to further development is already opening. Now I will try legionnaires against the Spaniards and their not frail troops. 230:-)

T
Tribune 12.03.22

Someone will tell you where, in what historical sources you can read about the Numidian (well, Seleucid) legionnaires. Did they really exist at all?

c
cataphract_an 12.03.22

There are links here somewhere, do a search.

C
Celt 12.03.22

If Numidia does not develop, and it often happens, then it is not difficult to fight it.
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru

A
Alter Fritz 12.03.22

Carthage must be captured at the very beginning. This will replenish the treasury and undermine the power of Carthage.

T
Tribune 12.03.22

well, and also - there is simply no other suitable country for aggression and cannot be found (at the initial stage).

A
Alter Fritz 12.03.22

When I fought with Carthage, I sent almost everyone who could be there (except for the Siwa garrison). I just started playing and the Iberians (bastards!) Landed and laid siege to Tingis. and Scipio...

T
Tribune 12.03.22

+ Egyptians, bastards-necrophiles)))

A
Alter Fritz 12.03.22

By the way, for some reason, in Numidia, dart throwers are built in the barracks. And in general, in the game, the Numidian army (in my opinion) is weaker than in reality. All because of the limited tactical map. After all, in reality, the Numidians could run away as much as they like, exhausting the enemy. And here the map is limited sooner or later but you will run out of darts....
And the Roman cavalry in the game is too strong - after all, according to history near Cannes, 2 thousand Numidian cavalry fought against 4 thousand Roman until the remaining 8 thousand Hannibal cavalry crushed 2 thousand allied cavalry, then made a run through the entire field and did not come help the Numidians. That is, for a long time. Of course, this was before the reform of Mary. But after all, even after the Roman cavalry was still recruited from the allies (for the most part) the legionnaires themselves) is worthless. The desert infantry, for all its anti-cavalry merits, will not be able to effectively fight against the Roman heavy infantry.

d
dsadgrt435434 12.03.22

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

There are links to related topics here:
http ://forums.playground.ru/rome_total_war/594948/

//////////////////////////////////// /////

_
_Klayd2_ 12.03.22

For some reason, I liked Numidia the most. Sichavs captured Spain, now I will move the legions of my "mujahideen" and dart throwers to Gaul. And the Egyptians are unsuccessfully trying to capture the Libyan town of Siwa, where all my troops have already become heroes of Soviet Numidia.

g
gtv635 12.03.22

I do not like to play for Numidia in the form in which it is. The whole complexity of the game lies in the monotonous tricks.
I would correct their line of units. Can their legionnaires be made stronger?

_
_Klayd2_ 12.03.22

gtv635
Form mercenary armies and don't write.

o
oleg RTW 12.03.22

I personally do not see any big problems when playing for Numidia
, you can easily capture Italy even before the reform

w
wicked123 12.03.22

The main thing in the first moves is to capture Carthage and build ports, establish relations with trade and develop Carthage, Faps and Citra in military affairs.
By the way, about Siwa, it’s better to immediately score on her and take the army from there, because NATO doesn’t have to conflict with Egypt in advance, but if you play on easy, you can safely take Memphis))

I
Infantryman 12.03.22

Started playing Numidia at the hardest levels.
1. As for Siwa, I agree with wicked123 - it’s better to immediately withdraw the troops (and it’s advisable to disband everyone except the general - their content until they reach their native Numidia or at least Lepcis Magna will cost more than hiring new ones). After about seven to nine moves, she is attacked by Egypt with chariots and spearmen, and it is difficult to fight back, and then the attacks are constantly repeated. and from the north and west still the Scipios will attack.
2. The economy can be raised without leaving the negative. True, it will be necessary to reduce the troops, abandon the seizures and build, first of all, the buildings necessary for the economy - farms, Tanit temples, ports (Tingi will bring huge profits, hold on to this city with all your might), markets.
3. The distances are huge, and finances will not allow keeping garrisons in each settlement, so at key points we cover the country with a network of watchtowers - whoever is warned is armed.
I agree that the tactics are overly cautious, but then Carthage, and Egypt, and the Spaniards will have time to develop, and the battles will be interesting.
Such a question: how to deal with the Carthaginian elephants at the initial stage? So far, the only way to win is by shelling them with burning arrows (requires firing with two archer units) and concentrating the eastern infantry also in two units. And this is only against one elephant unit.

n
neIBADZE 12.03.22

People!! How can I open Numidia? What need to do?))

C
Celt 12.03.22

Probably - look at the beginning of this topic, 2nd post)
http://forums.playground.ru/rome_total_war/53504/

M
Maratavarec 12.03.22

He played for Numidia, as he began to recruit legionnaires, he left - the couple lost interest.

s
star wars fan 12.03.22

Hardcore faction). At the expense of legionnaires, they are the weakest.