3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nineteen-sixtynine 18.03.22 01:33 am

RTX 2080 low performance

Good day. From desperation in trying to solve the problem below, I have already broken my head. In short: the memory of the video card heats up to 109 degrees and sometimes starts not only strongly, but throttling. I check all the indicators, looking for solutions to the problem - to no avail. NVIDIA support says that this is a normal temperature for Micron chips, but this, you understand, is such a thing.

But to the main problem: the most unpleasant thing, even without paying attention to temperatures, is the 3DMark benchmark results, which are twice as low as the average for 2080, ~ 11k against the average ~ 23k https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/72858986.
The results under load at 99% in the same WoT in the SD client on the Ultra graphics give out only 40-50 fps, Elden Ring gives out 40-45 even at low ones, but Doom Eternal managed to maintain 40-40 in quality with full ultras and RTX + DLSS. 50fps. Some kind of game.

In total, the only thing I can start from and show here at the moment is:
- GPU-Z and HWInfo indicators for memory temperature under load in the amount of 108-109 degrees
- an almost constant emphasis on Power in terms of PerfCap -
TDP even under load in around 50-60%
-jumping core voltage I attach a

link to the HWInfo and GPU-Z logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pXLwe7eOOcbf5L9Gisrq7uoHCZ_jQxop

System configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Gigabyte Windforce 8G
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8GBx2pcs 3000MHz PC24000
SSD: WDC WDS480G2G0B-00EPW0 (480GB M.2 SSD)
Motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 750W

I would be very grateful for your help, thank you.
63 Comments
Sort by:
n
nineteen-sixtynine 18.03.22

How much better are Lex-ones
than regular ones? I don’t really trust such things, especially since 0.5mm is needed

L
Lex one 18.03.22

Loken
The radiator will press as it should, if even 0.000001 mm is provided, it will squeeze out everything superfluous.
nineteensixtynine
Thermal conductivity, 2-3 degrees, but you don't have to have sex with a thickness.

n

Lex-one
2-3, of course, not thick

n

Loken MOUSE lapwing 01001000
Denis Kyokushin
in short, I report. unknowingly raised kipish, but it was worth changing the gaskets to 0.5 and 1 instead of those greasy ones that the previous fool owner left, as the average temperature of the GPU became around 50, and the memory 80-90. just at first sincerely refused to believe that the problem lies in such a simple thing

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
So it turns out that the scammer who sold you the card has already sorted it out, since he put fat pads out of ignorance ???? Were there 1.5 or 2.0?

A
AnPei 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
Never had 1.0mm soft thermal pads. 0.5 mm. ordered abroad. If the gpu temperature is 50 gr. the temperature of the memory should be 10-12 gr. above .

L
Loken 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
Graz. In our time, to be left without a video card is gg.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
I had an Arctic, it has 25 Shore. Solid. I made a mistake with the thickness for the first time. I put 0.5mm on memory banks, 2mm on mosfets, and 1.5mm on VRM
. The Witcher 3 fries the

AnPei
Soft Thermal Grizzly card well. It says 60 shore. It is also 0.2mm, 32x32 and with high thermal conductivity, but expensive

A
AnPei 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
What nafig there is and 0.2mm, it has a difference between m / y gpu and memory 30-40 gr. Whoever sold the campaign mined with gpu dropped the frequency and increased it as a memory, therefore the thermal pads were thick, he needed memory.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

AnPei
AnPei wrote:
What the hell is there and 0.2mm, you have a difference between m / y gpu and memory 30-40 gr
I have one sensor. I don’t know how many degrees MEM

A
AnPei 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
I wrote the wrong thing above and corrected it.

L
Loken 18.03.22

AnPei wrote:
he has a difference between m / y gpu and memory 30-40 gr
109 for the GPU hotspot and 109 for memory. Both GPU and memory ran into a temperature limit.
In this case, you can not look at the average temperature from all GPU sensors at all.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

AnPei
One hell: I don’t understand your “Russian”. The thickness of the thermal pads depends on the thickness of the gaps.

n

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
yes, he told me this openly, they say he changed the paste and gaskets, because the card is from the end of 19. there were 1.5 and 2, but on the backplate something like 2.5-3, I didn’t understand

n

Loken,
I already started to panic, I thought everything, I would have to sit on a 1650 laptop

n

Denis Kyokushin
listen, I would test it, but there will never be a witcher on my stove, I don’t like his surroundings, just don’t execute him with the whole forum. but in the thought, the eternal on an absolute nightmare and dlss in quality began to give 60 gpu and 80-90 memory

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
No problem. Did you solve the problem?

A
Alik Dynnik 18.03.22

Ultra graphics don't excite me. Before worrying about the performance of your video card, make sure that the video card works stably at low graphics quality. What is stable? This is when the memory frequency is operating normally and the load does not exceed 80-90%.
The frequency of the graphics processor may vary, and it is advisable to check the work on another game. Pirated games tend to overclock the graphics card to dry out the thermal paste faster. This is a joke from the creator of the release. In simple words, the more transistors are used to display one picture, the more the video card heats up. Unfortunately, Ohm's law has not been canceled.

T
TopPCGamer 12.06.22

Alik Dynnik
God, again you write nonsense, somehow you already stumbled upon your opuses, but this is just tryndets, the pinnacle of creation)))
Alik Dynnik wrote:
Pirate games tend to overclock the video card in order to dry the thermal paste faster.
In the nether definitely)))

L
Lex one 12.06.22

TopPCGamer
Don't answer him, don't feed him.