3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
le_prophet 18.03.22 01:34 am

Timings

Good day, I bought RAM 16GB ddr4 2666 kingston renegade, and decided for the first time in my life to get into the BIOS and adjust the timings, please tell me, as the most incompetent person in this matter, is it normal for me to set the timings for this RAM and is it possible better. And about the voltage, leave the stock 1.2V or raise it to 1.35V and what does it affect?

57 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
It is problematic to write from the phone. Therefore, only in this way it is necessary to highlight the texts of the interlocutor in order to answer them. Not very comfortable. The computer is much faster and more convenient.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
In some games, Stas's card is trotted with a hard drop in GPU frequency to 36 MHz

01001000 01101001 18.03.22

lapwing mouse
mouse lapwing wrote:
This is his old percent. That percent, which was covered with a copper basin.
It was replaced over a year ago. And this is a fresh video from 6900XT. He changed it before replacing the video card. So, the same is in God of War.
MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
What do you want to say?
3000 series is more demanding.
The dude in the video in the game has a fierce trash going on. Stutters one by one.
The disk is NEW 7200. There is no such thing on the SSD. Exactly the same for other players, and for Denis the same. Vertical / frame lock does not help, simply because the disk does not take out. The disc has been checked by a service center.
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
Hardcore hdd will live for more than one decade. Because they are more reliable and cheaper!
Hard under the file trash - YES, by all means. More reliable - THERE IS NO SUCH RESEARCH. Preliminary data show only the same reliability values. But an SSD has no moving parts. And in games, it works quietly for READING, without consequences, look at the SSD resource - 600 Terabytes. You also have an SSD, and more than one - remember how much it costs hours. Cheaper than HDD, so under the trash - movies, repacks, backups, images, Mouzon, so far so, and I don’t argue with that. You give SSD for games! Progress does not stand still, someday it will be completely forced out. It would be great.
Many now have huge Hdd sizes, 6-10-15 and above TB
I don't know "many". All the garbage on the disks - no one argues, for this they are taken. Games on SSD - these are the many I know, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
And you propose to transfer such uber sizes to ssd, so even more so to M2 ????
1000 GB is enough for ARK and 10 games of 50 gigs or 5 games of 100 gigs. Easily. The rest is HDD file garbage can.
M2 has always been ALWAYS in short supply!!! And always will!!!
980 Samsung was in 25 CSN stores for 11k, with several pieces. The same applied to the Kingston NV1. The rest did not look. Something comes, something goes. HDD and that was less. And if you take into account one negative FACT - CMR vs SMR discs. google it. half is swept away nafig. reliability of SMR disks is low.
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
For example, ten games of 50gb each, that's already 500gb!!!!!!
I don't play 10 at the same time. And I easily move between installed disks. You're just some kind of wildest gamer, it's obvious.
Therefore, it is for average gaming. That is, you can’t put a top card in there. They put
two 3090s in and mine - this is its advantage! And put SJO. You have the SJO in your profile. This is a common thing today. This is a premium segment case and SIZE - Full-Tower. You know very well what that means.
3090ti definitely won't fit)))
Actually, it will fit. Due to the lack of emphasis in front and on the side. The space for the map is huge. Look at the dimensions of the 3090Ti. And I am more than sure that you will never own such a card. To this card, you still need to change the cables from the PSU, or even the PSU itself.
lapwing mouse wrote:
Forget it! Forget about new vidyashki and prots. I went to the dns site yesterday.
I've been following since the first days, and I understand everything perfectly. This, I think, can definitely be forgotten for at least this year. Lucky for those who stocked up on iron. Waiting will be hard. Cards are cheaper abroad. 1050Ti - 30 thousand. 3060 600$. 3080Ti 2000 dollars, cheaper than ours.
And now, if we consider the market, then the ban on the import of processors and video cards will naturally make them cheaper in the markets of other countries, because. what was not brought to us will go to the sale of other markets, dumping, which will reduce the price for them.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
Too many beeches. But I read. Now it remains to prove it by deed. That is to conduct tests in real conditions. So, as we are talking about Horizen, let's start with it. Namely hdd vs ssd vs m2. The latest version which. We turn on synchronization to minimize freezes and do tests, but not in 4k, where the emphasis is on the card, but in honest full HD. Well, cold start. Location - the upper city. One thing I know is that it will take many more years when people completely switch to m2. Even ordinary ssds are now worth their weight in gold, which are of large volume, not to mention m2. Vyat), if it comes to that, among my former colleagues from a previous job, the guys are sitting on IDE gestures !!))) Well, remember those that are connected via blue-white thick cables, and the power supply is a 4-pin molex. So zhestakov for 20 years! And yet they still work. I won't be surprised if more than one petabyte of information passed through them))) And you say that there are a lot of gamers who have only one SSD. Yes, I looked at that building. Top cards will fit. You wrote that they have a 3080TI for $2000. So it costs us the same. That is, $2,000 at today's exchange rate is 230,000 rubles. For such a price, we can still find it in Russia.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
And I am more than sure that you will never own such a card. To this card, you still need to change the cables from the PSU, or even the PSU itself.
There are other power connectors. But I think there will be adapters so as not to buy a whole power supply. All the more okay if I had 600w. But to sell 1200w in order to buy with new PSU connectors, for example, at 750w - pure nonsense. For anyone on aliexpress there will be such adapters. Yes, and it’s nonsense to buy a card for such an amount that will be a meager percentage more productive than 3090. I heard that it had some kind of problem. They wrote on the peg that as a result, deliveries stopped for the time of these cards. It's better to wait for a new generation than to buy a card now for half a lyama))) If you take it, then take me a second one, we'll settle there)))

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

MOUSE lapwing
Horizon HDD
Horizon SSD
On the HDD, you can perform one hocus-pocus: if you return to the same place where the game was freezing, the friezes will be less noticeable, which is demonstrated in my video

l
le_prophet 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
Well, here you can see that things are better on the ssd. It even makes no sense to say that the ssd only affects the download speed.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

le_prophet
The hardest place is selected on the video. In some places it still comes with microfreezes, although this is not visible on the graph.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
On the ssd you can see that the game starts much less. But the ideal is still far away. So the problem is not only in the carrier. Try testing on the latest patch that has recently been released. And include fsr just in case. And just out of curiosity, test it out in a wooded area. I tested it two months ago on VD Green, which is at 5900 rpm.
Spoiler
He is from 2009. I recently sold it for a penny. Because of him, for some reason, the second Windows was loaded for a long time. Although there were no demons.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

MOUSE lapwing
I have a GOG license. It updates itself, I bought it on December 26. Well, well, when I get to the computer, I'll post Aloy in the forest. I have Aloy at level 14 now. where a bunch of bots gathered before initiation. Microfreezes are noticeable there. Sometimes in forests in places

01001000 01101001 26.03.22

le_prophet
During loading, what is the % of the CPU load? 100 is already thrown away. The percentage changes when a constant load of 70-80% is reached.
M2 - there are only samsungs. 970 / 980. Better - wd black sn850 guys on reddit advise. KC 2500 if you find it, it's outdated, like the ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro. There are already kc 3000. Kingston is still NV1.
This is the top on the market, only PCs were assembled with them. KC2500 / A2000 was an excellent choice. But no longer. Crucial P5 yet, but the same is not.

l
le_prophet 26.03.22

01001000 01101001
kc2500 is in my local CSN, does it mean good m2? Or still not take it?
ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro is also available

le_prophet
The 2500 has a DRAM buffer. Of course he's better. S11 is not inferior.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.03.22

le_prophet
I have this one:
Spoiler

l
le_prophet 26.03.22

01001000 01101001
I read that 2500 512 AMD has a buffer, does this give a certain boost? And then I saw in some Samsungs the absence of a drum buffer at all

le_prophet
Yes, it improves performance and disk life. Particularly interesting with frequent access - working programs and operating systems. In games, not so critical. Therefore, 980 will not yield, and DRAM will not give noticeable advantages. DRAM is an intermediary, especially important when recording. Direct write will be slower, so the SSD loses speed when the buffer gets full. But we write games once. There is only reading. You won't notice the difference in real life.
In fact, the same as the cache memory on the hard drive. This is a directory. As I understand it, frequently used data can be dragged in there. I read on this topic, and for games just don't care, the rest is convention. The disk resource is impressive, the guarantee is the same. But DRAM is recommended in general, for the OS, work is needed.

l
lapwing mouse 26.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
Through which utility did you check the speed of writing and reading? Through CrystalMark? Do the specifications correspond to those given by the manufacturer?