3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yorik7 18.03.22 01:34 am

Help with Elden Ring graphics bug (Elden Ring)

When objects approach, when they become translucent, ripples appear, and at a distance with moving objects, it also looks as if the graininess has been turned on to the maximum. When the anti-aliasing quality is set to high, the ripples become less, but still not removed. even when SSAO is set, blackouts appear on objects (I set the current to the maximum because soap appears at the medium setting), and they start to blink a little, the problem is solved only by turning off this setting. Tell me, can anyone come across this in other games? There is no information anywhere about this problem. Is this a bug in the game itself or is it something I have with my computer? Other games don't have this.

anti-aliasing quality setting off: anti-

aliasing quality setting set to high:

for example, a guard on a horse, because of this graininess, everything is blurry at a distance, as if his model is in 360p:

and here SSAO is turned on to max:

SSAO is turned off:
15 Comments
Sort by:
I
InboxM 18.03.22

Yorik7
This is not a bug. This is a feature of rendering in many games. I saw the same thing in Rdr 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 when anti-aliasing is disabled.

Y
Yorik7 18.03.22

InboxM
yes, but even with anti-aliasing enabled, the situation does not improve much, and others have not noticed such a problem either

S
SonyK_2 18.03.22

Yorik7
Yorik7 wrote:
...I didn't notice such a problem in others... It depends
on which ones - somewhere there is such a thing, but somewhere not. I've noticed this myself over and over again.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.03.22

I don't quite understand what's wrong with SSAO. as if he should do an eclipse of nearby planes.
regarding ripples - in short, this is a shader through which the transparency of opaque objects is sealed for all sorts of simplicity and speed. so that this does not need a mod or setting so that the grass and objects do not dissolve.
the problem with ao can occur because for the engine, surfaces that are translucent in a checkered pattern have not disappeared and the ao shader checks the frame depth data and sees a pixel grid there, behind which is a close other surface and tries to make everything behind it dark. as I understand it is possible. but it's not visible on the screenshots.
in order to win pixels on dissolved objects, this resolution is over high strong soap to it so that there is also regressive downscaling to low resolution in general. you can try through nvidia dsr or a couple there

1_AID 18.03.22

AMD has such a hat only. I also have.

Y
Yorik7 18.03.22

1_AID
I have intel i5 and gtx 1060

Y
Yorik7 18.03.22

MunchkiN 616
with SSAO enabled, the emerging blackouts start blinking, especially noticeable on the grass, but that's okay, you can play without SSAO, but because of this graininess it's hard to play, enemies at a distance turn into soap, you can open the screen with a knight on a horse in a new tab so that the screen is full screen, you can see it

R
Rimof 18.03.22

You need to download a new driver and disable all Improvers and cool features there. The driver should work without enabling any additional technologies.
Those. all sorts of scaling, super-cool anti-aliasing and all that. Well, you understand. On my RX580 - it worked fine, it became the same as on the GTX 1070 (On the second computer).

g
gabataka091 18.03.22

By the way, I don’t have a game in the GeForce References list or what app is called Rimof

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

gabataka091 I'm not
on the list because the driver for the game has not been released, and the program is correctly called Geforce Experience.

D
Denecs 18.03.22

Here I have a bug so a bug

p
propend 18.03.22

well, did you solve the problem?

Y
Yorik7 26.03.22

propend
not, the drivers have updated everything and the same hat, probably here the current change of the video card or processor will help

u
ultra graphics 21.08.22

Yorik7
this is not a bug, not only that the textures are transparent, but also the textures disappear when you go around the world, for example, trees, characters with whom you step into battle, in short, you won’t be able to see, for example, a mob or a dragon in the vicinity, they pancake disappear when you try to see the texture model, this is a shame the game of 2022 in other games is not like that, I noticed only from the Japanese times of slaves such a hat they say it should be in games, I will never buy such games where you can’t see the texture of the madelka trees of the characters and so dahlia and in the elden ring all 90 percent consists without textures and madeleks and it's a shame oh yes, and in nio 2 is also the same kal

u
ultra graphics 21.08.22

InboxM
is just that the textures were not brought into the game and this is a game for modders, unlike high-quality games for example rdr2 where the textures are not transparent and do not disappear when you look into a dense model texture