3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.03.22 12:33 pm

Do you know that the Internet will be turned off, what games will you download for yourself?

I started playing around 1996 - 1997, I play to this day, I don’t spit on new products, and I play new games with pleasure, but just in case, I downloaded a certain number of games for myself, so to speak for a rainy day, I have a list to surprise like this:

Blitzkrieg 1 - 2, Caribbean Crisis, Cossacks 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 5, Age of Empires 4, Operation Silent Storm and Sentinels addition, Morrowind, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Stalker Call of Pripyat, Half Life 2, The Witcher 3, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Xcom 2 War of the Chosen, X4 Foundations.
My hard drive is quite small, the place is limited, because I didn’t see the point in a large volume before, because everything could be stored in the cloud))
Well, I didn’t download the latest demanding new items, or just heavy games, since I play them on the Xbox Series X, and I’m not sure for my PC that it will master them.
36 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 18.03.22

I won't download anything. Games have been stored on hard drives since 1982.
Hard drives changed, the interface changed, but my brother and I always transferred the base to new ones. At the moment, the total volume of games and programs is approximately 36 TVs (7 external Seagate drives of 6 TB each, the latter is filled with only 600+ Gig). All the necessary "gadgets" for games like DX, Microsoft Visual C ++ / Java packages and other things are also constantly updated and replenished.
So everything is already there :) from the origins of Arkanoid, Alley Cat, Digger, Shamus... classics like Golden Ax, Doom 2, Civilization 1 to the latest heavyweights like The Witcher, Watching Dogs and other King's Bounty II. Of course, all remasters, reissues are also present ... Dragonborn in general in 3 versions LE, SE, AE.
A separate archive contains all possible mods, fixes and files for games. The size is somewhere around 16 TB (5 external hard drives 4 TB each)

P
Podvipodvertov 18.03.22

airstorm
Then these discs of yours will be worth their weight in gold, and maybe thanks to you these games will be distributed throughout the country if there is a direct complete blockade.

a
airstorm 18.03.22

Podvipodvertov
There are other discs for this :D . I actively support content piracy on torrent servers in Central Asia and the Caucasus with mining income. Games, popular / popular programs and the remaining volume of the best films. Russia and the CIS countries, which will fall under the restrictions, will not be left without torrents;)
And as for this personal collection of mine, it will seem inferior to many. There is not a single game in it without Russian voice acting. Fans of RDR, GTA and other fully non-localized projects are left behind.
PS So that no one wants to turn the topic into a srach with politoty, nationalism and other insignificant garbage (as is customary here in matters related to full localization), thereby violating the rules of the site, I’ll say right away - I’m a Finn. Born and raised in Finland, I have no roots other than Finnish and Sami. The choice of a foreign language is a personal matter for everyone.

D
Dakini 18.03.22

airstorm
That's cool, I've been saving programs, games, mods, books, music and movies all my life on my hard drives.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.03.22

probably, first of all, I would download standalone game engines and tutorials and documentation for them, then all sorts of resources. assets possible for anril urgent. programs, in principle, I have always done this, but I have something that I don’t have, where I didn’t under-pump.
and peck-pek games, in principle, you can download all games, including roms and emulators, except for indies, but I’m unlikely to play them and it’s not known what I want to play or not and when. if I have a very limited time and a place somewhere around 2-4tb, then perhaps it will be various AAA open world single captive games of the last 8 years.
but the trend is that for the last few years I have been too lazy to play games and I watched their passage. theoretically I can download a walkthrough but this one will be slow and they will weigh more than the games themselves. I will probably need this one for a year and 40 TB

S
Sweety_Mustard 26.03.22

Board games, stock up on board games - even the most sticky RPGs and strategies get bored over time. And these - never, though like-minded people will be required)

a
airstorm 26.03.22

Sweety_Mustard Ooooh
... You can't even imagine HOW this case is tight. The eldest son recently had a booze with classmates in our country cottage. I also attended. By evening, the substation rumbled. It's clear to sit all night without electricity. We have a large supply of candles in the basement since the 90s. The young people followed them. Found this here
Spoiler
About 3 years ago I was explaining Parseval's theorem to some of these guys. God knows, everyone got it within half an hour (some not the first time). But somewhere from 6 pm to 2 am, I still could not explain to them HOW to play this board game! Of the 17 people, only 6 understood. And only 1 of them KNEW about the existence of a computer version of this game. Well, the climax... during the conversation about computer games and board games, 4 people admitted that they hated poker on the dice in The Witcher 2, and three more added to the list with a game of orlog from Valhalla, because it is too difficult to understand the game.
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
True, like-minded people will be required)
This is in the modern world in a big deficit. :D

a
airstorm 26.03.22

MOUSE lapwing
:) for sure!
MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
You never know what lies ahead for us.
Disconnecting from Steam and similar services will not affect the one who previously put games in their storerooms that suddenly became unavailable.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.03.22

Just recently I downloaded 1TB with pirates. Some of them are licensed, but just in case. True, the same GOG should be launched without connecting to the Internet. There is also a reserve for Steam in the downloaded form

B
BDmitriy 26.03.22

airstorm
Orlog difficult? Some sad dudes

a
airstorm 26.03.22

BDmitriy
In-in... And I about the same. The most absurd thing is that these same dudes play bridge very strongly. Go understand how their brains work.

r
requiemmm 26.03.22

There aren't many games like this. Most games are either disposable or boring to the point of horror, and you can endure this only out of great need ... or for money, like all sorts of reviewers.
I would take Morrowind, Fallout 1-2, HoMM 3, Disciples 2, Arcanum, VtMB, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, Battle Brothers, DS 1&3, SoA, Diablo 1-2, Sacred 1-2, The Battle for Wesnoth, Solium Infernum, KSP, Mistover, PoE 1-2, The Age of Decadence, Baldur`s Gate 1-2, Dragons Dogma, Silent Hunter 3. Only the things that left me with only good impressions. There are no games in the list that are bugged to death and without a bug wiki are completely impassable today, so there are Troika games in it, the fans completed it. But there is no ToEE because it is boring and I just don’t like its mushroom ending. There are no finals and Tales of... in the list, because, in combination with their boring gameplay, their grind spread over hundreds of hours in a thin layer, in one molecule, the plot is forgotten by the middle of the game. Optionally, you can add zhrpg turkeys, by weight,

S
Sweety_Mustard 26.03.22

airstorm
we had a pirate - "Business 2000", I was 8 years old when I played for the first time, of course my older brother and his sidekick were mercilessly robbed (they were 12 years old) - but the rules were quite clear. Maybe the point is that I ended up in a company that already understood the rules - but they, too, were quite their own children.

a
airstorm 26.03.22

Sweety_Mustard
I googled this Business 2000. A kind of monopoly))), apparently a complete Russian localization: D. The French have something similar called "gestionnaire". There are streets and boulevards of Paris, and 4 stations, of course, Saint-Lazare, North, East and Lyon.
Sweety_Mustard wrote: Of
course, my older brother and his sidekick robbed me mercilessly (they were 12 years old) - but the rules were quite clear. Maybe it's because I ended up in a company that already figured out the rules of
A, maybe just the influence of chance. After all, the layout is set by a pair of dice ... well, luck.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.03.22

airstorm
airstorm wrote:
But between 6pm and 2am I couldn't tell them HOW to play this board game!
I bought it for my child, we played together about two years ago. He is now 10

S
Sweety_Mustard 26.03.22

airstorm wrote:
booze staged
I found the answer! It’s just that you need to play board games sober - by the way, chess didn’t turn out very good either - the rules probably started to be forgotten XD

a
airstorm 26.03.22

Sweety_Mustard
O_o it will be very difficult, given the peculiarities of the national holiday. We (Finns) drink no less than our neighbors, who got the Mannerheim line blown away :D
And chess isn't popular here either. Hockey is another matter. According to the blue, it’s the best thing to play and stand on your feet after the massacre. On a warm winter day, it's best when it's -10 -15 outside. :D

S
Sweety_Mustard 26.03.22

airstorm wrote:
We (Finns) drink no less than our neighbors, who were blown the Mannerheim line :D
Yes, I watched "Peculiarities of the National Hunt" XD

S
Sweety_Mustard 26.03.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Well, I don’t know - the Udmurt one looks like it, and I wouldn’t call it complicated at all. And Chinese - how long it will take for one alphabet ...

a
airstorm 26.03.22

MOSHIVURII lapwing
Emmm .... what O_o?
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
By the way, Finnish is the most difficult language in the world. Even harder than Chinese. To learn his gesture, how difficult!
There is no "future tense" in our language. Listening to Russian, we are both stunned and realize why "you can't make out without half a liter here." There is no gender in our language. Only the pronoun hän is an animate third person, and the pronoun se is an inanimate third person. Trying to deal with your usual "he", "she", "it", our person is stunned even more and at the same time realizes the full depth of the situation "the devil will break his leg." A separate explosion of the brain: why is coffee OH, and wristwatches in the amount of one piece turn into many ???!!! We have a joke on this plural: it’s just that in Russia the first watch was seen while dead drunk. In the eyes, it’s not that doubled, but multiplied.
And, yes, no matter how strange it may seem to you, the Finnish language is extremely primitive. I know how Varthander's players like to piss off ilmatorjuntapanssarivaunu. However, in our nouns and adjectives there is absolutely nothing complicated. Most of them consist of two, three, four words connected in a row. The same ilmatorjuntapanssarivaunu anti-aircraft motorized installation written WITHOUT spaces. This is much easier than "catching up" which adjective will be more literate in a certain text ... In Russian, even such a simple concept as "beautiful" cannot be stuck just like that. You blurt out somewhere, and then it started: they shouldn’t say it like that: beautiful, charming, magnificent, imaginative, charming ... I took this word for an example for a reason. For the first time I was in Russia as a student, in the early 90s. On this topic, my brain jammed when I talked with a fun company. It was they who taught me to feel Russian speech as it is (and how it should be). This makes learning real Russian even more difficult, but it's worth it. Only two or three nouns, their competent use and that's all ... no more racking your brains about which word to choose. Oh...yielding is a universal adjective. Then I was delighted (I didn’t know that this word was unprintable), but then 16 years of painful learning of a language awaited me, in which two or three nouns can form a whole sentence and act as a verb, adjective, pronoun ... Well, the alphabet. .. :( of our entire alphabet, only the letter "h" is a difficulty for Russian. But when ours tries to pronounce words with "b", "b", "s" you can stock up on popcorn. It will take weeks to pronounce tolerably the words "blizzard", "porch", "herring" (this is torture!) or "Syktyvkar" (hellish torture). But for those who know Russian, double consonants abound in Finnish (and double vowels, of which we also have a lot) more easily.