3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Al.lien 18.03.22 12:56 pm

Elden Ring performance issue (Elden Ring)

In general, the thing is this: I play ER from an HP laptop. Video card : Nvidia GeForce MX450, Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 8GB RAM. The performance was more or less, at least at medium-low at 900r I calmly played at 35-40 fps. I didn’t observe any special drawdowns until I reached the first story boss, which stands at the entrance to the castle. As soon as I went through the fog, the fps immediately dropped to 15-20 fps, somehow I killed him and went on. The FPS was low almost everywhere where I walked around this castle and I climbed into the Internet to look for similar cases. As a result, I went back into the game, but the browser continued to work in the background and VOILA, the fps again became 35-40 in the same places where it had always been 15-20. I checked several times, indeed, with the browser open, the performance of the game in these places is much higher. I'm completely confused and can't even imagine How is this possible and what does it mean. By the way, the laptop itself practically did not make noise while the game was running, but with the opening of the browser, the cooler starts to blow furiously, at least with it, that without it the GPU load is the same, except that the processor slightly changes its values. Can you explain what it is and is it possible to somehow fix it? Or is it in the hardware itself or the drivers?
1 Comments
Sort by:
A
Al.lien 18.03.22

Now I noticed that without the included browser, the CPU usage is only 15-20%. After starting the browser, everything is 70-90. At the same time, in other games (God of War, Doom (2016)) the CPU was loaded normally initially. As I understand it, this is a cant of ER developers?