3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Demet_94 18.03.22 05:53 pm

Error \"Could not reset the Direct3D device.\" (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2)

Such a problem: when I change graphics settings or resolution in the game, the game crashes with the error "Could not reset the Direct3D device.", Although the drivers and direct are the latest. What could be causing this and how to fix it?
3 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill Kuprikov 18.03.22

DemetryX
try to install DirectX from the image with the game. Or delete the BINKPLAY folder or something like that (but at the same time there is a possibility that there will be no videos in the game. (If they are not, copy the folder to the desktop, delete the folder from the game directory, start the game, pause it, copy it back)

A
Alcatraz163 18.03.22

DemetryX
I also had this problem. I don't know if this is a repack or the game is unfinished.
In the game, nothing wants to change, neither the resolution nor the settings immediately crash.
This method helped me. You set the screen resolution to 1280x720, then you go into the game, play a little, then exit, go here My DocumentsMercurySteamCastlevaniaa lot of numbersgame.cfg you find the lines VideoWidth change to 1920 and VideoHeight to 1080. Also change the graphics settings there. Here are the values ​​for Ultra graphics:
AdvancedVideo_Lighting = 1
AdvancedVideo_FX = 1
AdvancedVideo_DOF = 1
AdvancedVideo_ShadowSize = 4
AdvancedVideo_Moti 2
AdvancedVideo_Antialiasing = 2
AdvancedVideo_Anisotropy = 4
AdvancedVideo_VSync = 1
FullScreen = 1
VideoWidth = 1920
VideoHeight = 1080
Well, that's all. Good luck =)

K
Kirill Nazarchuk 18.03.22

I had this failure when I increased the monitor's hertz, it was 60 increased to 75. Then this error appeared, lowered the hertz to 60 and started.