3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eloi 03.04.22 06:47 pm

Rx 6600 xt video card frequency drops

Please help me bought a new video card rx 6600xt at 8gb, the problem is that in games the frequency of the video card drops from 2400 MHz to 700 MHz (the problem is in gta 5, since the frequency of the video card drops to 0 MHz there and friezes occur, I turn on vertical synchronization, there are no friezes, but, accordingly, no more than 60 frames, I insert an old gtx 960 4gb card, everything is fine, there are no friezes, the frequency is stable more than 1000 MHz) In other games, the frequency is also not constant, it can keep more than 2000 MHz, and then drop to 1000 MHz, but there seems to be no friezes. jump? I just asked people who have the same card and their frequency seems to be more or less stable and is it possible to fix this frequency somehow? , I'm afraid that something is wrong with the card (. If something does not heat up the card (somewhere around 61 degrees), I reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled windows, carried out tests in fur mark for about 10 minutes, where the frequency is stable more than 2000 MHz and the temperature is 61 degrees. Please help me, I don’t understand what the problem is. (The whole system is ryzen 5 3600, motherboard asus prime b 450 ma 2, 16 gb RAM, power supply 750w)
69 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
and suddenly in gta 5 friezes because of this frequency? Tipo suddenly the card does not perceive the game as something demanding and underestimates the frequencies? That's why I want to fix these frequencies somehow

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
in the process can not be the case?

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
Maybe especially if you have a motherboard without power cooling and a Ryzen 3600 processor!
Monitor also the frequency of the processor, if it also falls, then hello, overheating of the motherboard power supply.

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
And in general throw monitoring of temperatures, proca of the videocard and materinka!

E
Eloi 03.04.22

X_ray_83
Which program shows this best? Tomorrow, that is, tonight I'll throw it off

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
MSI Afterburner, CPUID HWMonitor, etc.

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi
You won't be able to fix the frequency, if the load on the card drops, it will reduce the frequencies, no matter what values ​​you enter in the minimum wage.
And how did you monitor the frequency of the GPU? Curtailed the game and watched in Adrenaline?

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
Fps monitor program

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
Here is a guide how to do it!

M
Max P 03.04.22

Eloi
What company's power supply?

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Max P
deepcool dq750

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi
Do you have a load on the video card at the time of the frequency drop decreases? The processor does not behave strangely at these moments, does it drop frequencies?
And what about RAM? The CPU-Z screen from the Memory tab is of interest.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
Only in the evening I can throw

01001000 01101001 03.04.22

You take HWiNFO64, launch it, open the game, drive for 15-30 minutes, turn it off and immediately record the indicators from this program - there will be temperatures and frequencies (minimums, maximums, average) and there will be memory. Everything is fixed, you throw it here, in good quality, of course.
Immediately answers to all questions. You can also display all values ​​in MSI afterburner, and even write them in the program itself for analysis.
Your 960 is weaker, while the 6600XT requires more resources. Perhaps it is worth taking a closer look at its operation parameters and drivers. Open the case to check.
Eloi wrote:
I conducted tests in the fur mark for about 10 minutes, where the frequency is stable more than 2000 MHz and the temperature is 61 degrees
It depends on how to set it up, but the temperatures are lower in it, there are games that load much steeper and more. 61 degrees - I can't believe it. Look in the game. What card model is that? And what about other games.
This behavior is really more like high temperature protection.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

01001000 01101001
ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT STRIX GAMING OC [ROG-STRIX-RX6600XT-O8G

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi
Here is how this video card behaves, depending on how much it is loaded.
From 2850+ MHz without FPS lock at 99% load, to less than 100 MHz at 1-3% load at 2 FPS lock.

You either have an FPS limit set/Vertical is enabled. Or there is an emphasis on performance in the processor / memory. Either the cpu/vrm of the motherboard is overheating, which leads to the previous "either". In short, the video card is underloaded, because of this it drops frequencies.

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi
Such friezes usually occur because of the processor, RAM or some problems with the game / Windows. Well, your card, as I thought, is underloaded and the frequencies correspond to the load levels.
The CPU-Z screen from the Memory tab is still of interest.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

E
Eloi 03.04.22

friezes in gta

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
When I wore it to the service (they installed everything in a different case for me there), I asked them just so that my RAM would work at the maximum frequency and they said that everything was working at the maximum (he set it in the BIOS)