3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Horse567 11.04.22 09:55 pm

First impressions of the Whistleblower DLC. (outlast)

We share our impressions of the game.
78 Comments
Sort by:
c
canibal killer 11.04.22

Guys, I have a problem with departures. Throw off who can save after the moment he falls down the elevator shaft and injures his leg, please

S
Syslik430 11.04.22

DLC is head and shoulders above the original)

K
Konstantinum 11.04.22

the most boring of all outlasts

N
NTrojan 11.04.22

Constantinum
Of all? It seems that there is only the original and the addition, or have you already played the pre-alpha of the second part))

O
Omega911 11.04.22

xCyberpunKx
while watching your vidos, I already laid down the bricks.

J
John_Soap_McTavish 11.04.22

xCyberpunKx
Where you jumped (somewhere in the thirtieth second) you need to jump not on that blue box, or what it is, but a little to the right. Then you climb up and go, as far as I remember, on top of that closed elevator. I hope you understand)
And yes! Exactly! I almost forgot: DLC rating 10/10)

N
Nik0LaI123 11.04.22

2-3 hours passed

W
Willis 11.04.22

Sick game. I do not like this kind of gameplay, but the developers must be given their due. The game was made great, and the addition is the same. The original passed, but the addition is more likely to be watched by Black.

N
NTrojan 11.04.22

By the way, the developers promised that we would find out how it all began, see how the madness in the hospital began, and so on, the question is where? The DLC is certainly excellent, and the contribution to the plot is also quite significant, but we still have not found out how it all began, who released Wilraider or how he got free, how he lost control over the sick, am I the only one who has not found an answer to these questions?

L
Lavuer 11.04.22

The DLC is top notch and definitely worth the money. It can be seen that the developers tried to jump above their bar, which they set in the original, and make the add-on even scarier and "meatier". And not just copy-paste levels and environments, but leave the intensity of passions and situations the same. And, we must admit, they succeeded. The DLC turned out to be quite worthy, in some places it escalates the situation cleaner than its predecessor, it scares, and in some scenes it literally makes the insides shrink into a ball from what they see. The characters came out also very colorful, and are not inferior to the same sick doctor with a huge pruner. Most of the plot issues were revealed, and what was left behind the scenes was a clear backlog for a full-fledged sequel. Which, to be honest, I'm looking forward to.

M
Mad_cloud 11.04.22

Great DLC, too bad...

R
RuslanV20 11.04.22

the first time I see that - the addition was more interesting (or rather scarier) than the game itself!

S
Self Harm 11.04.22

The DLC is much better than the original game.

R
RuslanV20 11.04.22

xCyberpunKx
0:44 try again!

T
Tom_without_Jerry 11.04.22

The DLC is not bad, but somehow there is too much action .... here he ran away from the psycho, he just calmed down and then the ghost rushes at you, he ran away from him and Chris immediately runs after you and so on in a circle.

H
HARDCORE GAMER 11.04.22

My brief review
Passed DLC in 2 hours, in total: the developers slightly changed the concept of the gameplay, made the locations more extensive, as a result of which, you can run through almost all quest places without straining, and sometimes we are forced to run away, the dynamics of what is happening goes off scale, so the developers almost killed all stealth in the game, unlike the original, in which you had to wait and think through every step.
In Whistleblower, I only once climbed into a box hiding from a maniac, and then it was plot-necessary, in other cases we run away all the time, wander through empty locations, run away again, fall, fall again, etc.
There are a lot of screamers in the game, there is no fear as such, in some places the game does not scare, but only irritates, the AI ​​is heavily scripted, no matter what workaround we choose - the enemy will always meet you (if you restart the checkpoint), not always of course, but very often, this is not a nitpick, just noticed!
In general, the enemies have very primitive routes, intelligence at the tree level, as such there is no plot in the game, the GG is always trying to get out of the hospital, bumping into rabid psychos, the bloody scenes amaze with their cruelty and fantasy, it feels like the developers themselves are perverted psychos with piebald tendencies, they were clearly obsessed with the idea of ​​shocking people with an abundance of violence, emphasizing their unhealthy attraction, I would not talk about it if the developers did not force us to watch it!
Well, a few words about the musical accompaniment, towards the end of the game, when the enemy notices you, sounds sound like someone is hitting you on the head with an iron sheet, my brain boiled inside as if I heard an endless squeak or cry of a child, and it's not about fear, it's just that the authors of the project do not know other methods of intimidating a person.

my score for the supplement is 5/10

.-.
Baby, does your mother know that you play such games?

N
NTrojan 11.04.22

HARDCORE GAMER
You are not quite right about stealth - In the original, it was also possible to run away and not hide and carefully think through each step, and to be honest, when I realized this I stopped hiding from enemies, but just ran fast and found a way out)) The fact that AI is always rushing to you - a dubious minus, imagine a picture - we go around the cannibal once and he all stands and waits for us at the place where he was originally, and we calmly go through the location without him, about cruelty - that’s how it was intended, the developers wanted to show the cruelty of the warped brain, seasoned unethical actions of scientists caused by the greed of the latter, the player should not like what he sees, all this terrible sight should cause disgust, contempt, anger and indignation, therefore the presence of cruelty is a matter of taste, just like some do not tolerate strategies consider them boring and slowand some do not like football or racing arcades, or you just transferred your impressions of the game not to the game world, but to the developers)) when an actor plays an evil maniac, anger should be expressed at the maniac, not at the actor))

H
HARDCORE GAMER 11.04.22

NTrojan
In the original, it was also possible to run away and not hide and carefully think through every step

, well, don’t tell me, I constantly used lockers, and because of the small space, it wasn’t always possible to run through the quest place

The fact that AI is always rushing at you is a dubious

minus I didn’t write this item down, I just pointed out the fact that the

developers wanted to show the cruelty of the warped brain,

there is only one conclusion, the developers have a sick imagination,

so the presence of cruelty is a matter of taste

, I think it’s hardly possible to talk about taste when the developers force us to watch how anyone -they cut off eggs for half an hour, or did you enjoy it? .. it's a matter of taste blah))

when an actor plays an evil maniac, anger should be expressed at the maniac, and not at the actor,

why did you decide so? What if the actor overacts, then why would I blame his role for this? The actor himself is to blame here, as in the case of the game, the developers themselves are to blame.
PS I liked the original

N
NTrojan 11.04.22

HARDCORE GAMER
Hannibal Lecter didn’t do that, he was a terrible character, he did terrible atrocities, but we don’t say that Anthony Hopkins is sick, we say that he is a brilliant actor)) The developers simply conveyed the atmosphere and they did it perfectly, that’s why he bedlam to inspire horror and disgust, by the way I liked both parts, but if we talk about perversions, have you forgotten that the rape of a corpse in the original? or already in the DLC - the entertainment of the patient in the basement where you need to turn off the light with a knife switch? This, as for me, was superfluous, but to show the warpedness of the mind of a person who was initially sick, and when he got into a mental hospital it became even worse - at least it carries an idea and interesting parallels

H
HARDCORE GAMER 11.04.22

NTrojan
your comparison of games with films is not appropriate.
Don't you think that the authors went too far with scenes of violence? All the time they imposed on us the ideology of psychopaths, a kind of manual for beginner maniacs, that's it