3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Horse567 11.04.22 09:55 pm

First impressions of the Whistleblower DLC. (outlast)

We share our impressions of the game.
78 Comments
Sort by:
K
Krio 11.04.22

Vessels
whiner.

N
NTrojan 11.04.22

Al0neS1m
Played - passed, a good game, but the puzzles often do not have logic and are designed purely for jacking off the player, by God, although they are usually simple, monsters used to get stuck, and what kind of they are, I don’t know, not beautiful? the original ones, yes, but they look like shit, the plot is not bad, but I personally like it more in outlast, perhaps the main disadvantage of the game is the same scheme - throughout the game you go through such linear corridors, between which the main obstacle is somewhat identical in terms of the passage scheme mazes with monsters, call it the best horror? well, I don’t know
GavrGAMES I
didn’t understand at all what kind of Andrey, what kind of spoiler, what do I have to do with it?

T
Tom_without_Jerry 11.04.22

How long did it take you to complete the expansion?

D
D.Artist 11.04.22

Passed in 2-3 hours, the original took 5-6 hours. The DLC is obviously shorter, but to say that it is worse than the original is not going to work. I noticed only 2-3 repeating locations, and then we run through them briefly, there are a lot of new locations and chic atmospheric places. The main plus of the DLC is that we are better able to reveal the plot, because. the action of the addon itself takes place before, during, and after the events of the main game. It seems to me that the developers have created a good groundwork for Outlast 2. For some reason it also seemed to me that in Whistleblower we would have to play as a woman, fortunately I was wrong.

In general, the game is a great horror, a real representative of this genre, especially considering the fact that this is an indie project. Made very high quality and atmospheric, the music and the general soundtrack are above all praise, the visual is not technical, but it looks quite beautiful and, most importantly, maintains the theme, the designers did an excellent job. I can't say that I was scared, but then again, with my experience in horror, this would be funny, but obviously some moments are not for the faint of heart. There is nothing in the game that would cause me some kind of obvious rejection or hurt any of my phobias, so I enjoyed the gameplay and the atmosphere, at the same time I perfectly understand that a huge number of people (ordinary people or not experienced in this genre of games / cinema / with phobias) would hardly be able to withstand what is happening so easily. When I was still a teenager

If someone asks me to advise him a suitable horror, not knowing the tastes of this person, I would most likely advise him first of all Outlast, and then, perhaps, Amnesia.

PS The game is just made for Oculus Rift (or other VR), I hope this will happen someday.

e
efiop3210 11.04.22

Guys, IT'S GOING!!!!!!!!!

It's just impossible to convey what kind of DLC it was ...
In principle, there are not as many skimmers as there were in the original, but I want to say that the cut scene is something with something (especially when you lie in what your mother gave birth, connected to table ... with legs spread and in front of a circular saw).

For a long time there were no similar games... 11 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K
Keks 11.04.22

I also liked the addition, like the original, but it was no longer so scary to pass.

m
makar41 11.04.22

Fear is not present, but the DLC is AWESOME!
I really liked it, the events were before and after, it’s a pity that it’s not clear how all these Tragers, Walriders, etc. appeared.
Well, nevertheless, to visit there, has already visited the original. Super! I would like another continuation, albeit short, albeit not terrible, but so that it is clear how these dudes were made and what happened to the hospital and Walrider

O
Overclock[er] 11.04.22

The original passed in the fall of that year, now I'm going through the DLC. Honestly, I didn’t notice much difference, both are good (both DLC and original). There is no such fear anymore, but running away is fun anyway ... you get a small dose of adrenaline when you run away from various psychos.
Of course, it would be great if the game had melee weapons, with a small number of rounds, it would be more interesting in my opinion.

m
makar41 11.04.22

Overclock[er]
is not interesting for me, well, for example, he shot Gluskin, and then?

D
Dun_ 11.04.22

My first impression was Manner (cannibal) At first I thought: "Fine, in addition there are more psychos in the hospital. Now some grandfather will run after me)))" and when I already met him face to face, I noticed circular and just overdid it. And the soundtrack seemed to me somehow "mechanical".

D
Dun_ 11.04.22

TEMOON96 Talking
too much action? Just calmed down and they are chasing you right away? Yes, compared to the three psychos from which Trager saved us, this is nonsense :D

D
Dun_ 11.04.22

I rate the addition 10 out of 10, as always Outlast is scary, we are waiting for 2 parts or a new horror game from Red Barrels.

K
Keks 11.04.22

Now some grandfather will run after me)))
He's not a grandfather, he just hasn't shaved for a long time.))
Dun_
You have messages every three minutes. It’s better to write everything in one post, multiposting is kind of not welcome here.

M
Mr_Egor98 11.04.22

Garbage is complete, to be honest, it’s not scary Toko, this one is running after you.

R
Reverius 11.04.22

The horror film Outlast, released the year before, turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Independent developers from Red Barrels had not only the means, but also direct hands to translate their crazy ideas into reality (virtual .. of course). And with the release of the Whistleblower add-on, it becomes completely clear that the guys from Red Barrels are masters of their craft.

The addon begins as a prequel, telling us about how the hero of the original got information about cruel experiments in the mysterious Mount Massive hospital, then the events pick up pace and begin to unfold parallel to the first part, and at the end they completely show us what happened next. That's why Whistleblower is important from a story point of view, it sheds light on some of the innuendo of the original and builds a solid bridge to the future of Outlast 2.

In addition, the add-on got rid of some of the shortcomings of the first part, namely the tasks of the same type, in which we had to perform repetitive actions several times during the game (do you remember the tasks in the style of "press 6 buttons at different ends of the location"?). Here, events develop much more dynamically, you really worry about the main character, the programmer Waylon Park.
The main advantages remained in place: a thick, frightening atmosphere, a feeling of hopelessness and sick maniacs who are thirsty for your death. Oh, there are a couple of new and especially colorful personalities here that you are unlikely to forget once you meet. What is Eddie Gluskin worth, concurrently, your new "fiance". Although we should not forget the "old friends", they are also in place. Some scenes of violence came out especially shocking and "savory", as they like to say, not for the faint of heart.

Outlast has once again proved that this is the best game for those who want to feel like a real victim. So get ready to be in constant tension that will keep you in its tenacious embrace until the very end of this, without exaggeration, very high-quality addition.

8/10

L
Lllllllama 11.04.22

After passing the original Outlast, I thought that this is one of the few horror games with a normal atmosphere of horror and fear (Although in some places I was amazed at the stupidity of the GG). After passing, I thought that if a sequel comes out, or at least an addition, it will be at least scarier than the original. But after the release of the DLC, I realized how much I was wrong. Namely, because Whistleblower (I apologize if I wrote it wrong) turned out to be, after the original, not at all scary, but rather disgusting, not bad, namely, in places it turned inside out (this is because the fear in the game is made at the level of the original, and on its background of fear in addition is not felt). But at the same time, the beloved atmosphere of hopelessness and a desperate struggle for one's life with the help of a video camera was preserved)). Here, as in the original, there are various characters who are not friends with the head.
From all this, the conclusion suggests itself: the add-on is certainly good, but it has some problems with intimidation.
And if you evaluate on a 10-point scale, DLC gets 8.5 points, while the original - 9.5.
PS if I was not afraid - this does not mean that the addition is not terrible, so get ready for the construction of a new brick factory))

T
Tula Potsik 11.04.22

A great addition, but the Bridegroom didn't really scare me.

F
Funny Nick 11.04.22

passed what else to say somewhere 2 hours took 8 out of 10