3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
D0br0 17.04.22 10:28 pm

Is MSI Radeon r9 290 4Gb Gaming Worth Selling?

Hello! A month ago, I managed to buy an MSI Radeon r9 290 4Gb Gaming video card at an auction on eBay for 9k rubles, and two weeks ago it arrived (before that I had a GTX465 from Gigabyte). The card itself is in perfect condition, it naturally got a big increase in performance, but there are a couple of complaints. Firstly, without manually twisting the fan speed, the video card heats up to 90 degrees (I played Battlefield 4, PayDay 2, TItanfall, Couter Strike GO). The power supply is also very hot, there is a stink and heat all over the room. At the same time, I want to note that I have a wretched office building (there is no talk of a good cooling system) + a 600W power supply (which, most likely, is not enough for such a vidyuhi). So that's the question: is it worth selling vidyuhi and waiting for new video cards from Nvidia on the Maxwell architecture,
12 Comments
Sort by:
K
KingNarik 17.04.22

there is a stink and heat all over the room
ahahahah))))))
Well, first of all, you need to change the case and build an efficient cooling system. If everything in it heats up so much that it stinks, then the vidyaha is not spared from these sufferings. And the problem here is not in the cooler of the card, but in the ventilation of the case and the environment.
or even sell vidyuhi and take PS4/XboxOne?
You are crazy? Drive the conSotonian thoughts out of your head!

D
D0br0 17.04.22

I will change the case with the block in any way. Question with vidyahoy - whether to leave it or wait again for new ones? It's just a pity to sell it again for 9-10k, given that the new ones are now 13-16 at 13-16.

K
KingNarik 17.04.22

Why sell for almost as much as you bought it for? P9 290 is a gun of the current generation, it is quite capable of pulling EVERYTHING on ultras, with the exception of mega-resolutions like 4K or multimon configs. The stump is clear what to leave.

D
D0br0 17.04.22

It’s just that if I sell for the same amount, then I’ll at least get my money back and wait for the next generation of Nvidia video cards, which should be less hot, less energy consuming, more powerful (this is just rumor). On the other hand, there is no desire to take vidyuhi at the price of consoles (15-18k).

M
MunchkiN 616 17.04.22

I don’t see the point in selling
so that the card doesn’t burn and the ass doesn’t blush, it’s necessary to adjust the speed manually, and not like the developers themselves came up with
as for the pines - everything is like that here, too, because. a system unit of 30-40tysh will be able to rotate the graphon at the console level for some time and with the same fps.
so some kind of sonysol is also quite a slippery slope

D
D0br0 17.04.22

Well, they convinced the video card not to be sold. And then you can advise the power supply, which is enough for this vyuyuhi and overclocking the Intel Core i5 2500k to 4-4.5 GHz and a case with good ventilation up to 7-8k rubles. Preferably by Yandex.Market St. Petersburg.

n
nya 17.04.22

Take the console.

m
mister611 17.04.22

D0br0 Set
the automatic mode of operation of the cooler (..r) of the video card depending on the temperature via MSI Afterburner, if there is no manufacturer's native utility. So in idle time there will be no noise, and in games the normal temperature will be kept. Your stone is easy to disperse in the air up to 4.8 GHz (I used to have one in the system). Take the case and PSU according to your capabilities. The better the PSU, the more stable the system as a whole. I think do not choose less than 700-750W, it is more welcome, but the quality is worth the money. The more spacious the case, the better, also depending on the cost, but at least: the presence of a 120mm cooler for blowing in and out, more is possible, it doesn't cost less.

R
RicoChico 17.04.22

Blaine would have bought it.
Yes, Soveliev probably bludgeoned her with a hammer.

u
ucantcmen07 17.04.22

D0br0
If there really is a stench in the room, as you wrote, then most likely it is a Chinese power supply that hurries to the next world, at the same time taking the whole kit with it, so change it as soon as possible.
Here are the cases and power supplies:
http://market.yandex.by/compare.xml?hid=91028&CAT_ID=755740&CMD=-CMP=6911188,7866981,8556062
http://market.yandex.by/compare.xml?hid= 857707&CAT_ID=1596134&CMD=-CMP=10744727,6103207

M
MunchkiN 616 17.04.22

most likely you don’t need a power supply unit, because I have 750w pulling bunches of railway and 690 zhyfors
if with a margin, then 800 watt is enough to power this one card and a stone

S
Sansper 17.04.22

Eh, I'm sorry that I raised the corpse, I accidentally stumbled upon it.
But what a pain the dude must have. Then everyone advised him not to sell, and the r9 series turned out to be an instrument of hellish shit. I remember msi r9 290x lightning, which at that time was the best cooling made me give up winter heating for 3 years, and electricity bills came, as it seemed to me, for the entire multi-storey building.