3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strange Cry 18.04.22 10:04 pm

The difference between a license and a pirate (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I played pirate games quite a bit, but quite a few bugs have already surfaced, and the further, the more. And after reading the topics here, I realized that further it is quite possible that it will be even worse. So I’m very interested, do license holders also face the same problems, or is it somehow different there? After all, for the sake of such a game, you don’t feel sorry for the money for a license! But now, if it turns out that I will buy and stumble upon the same bunch of bugs, it will be, as it were, completely insulting.
20 Comments
Sort by:
M
MaXuS_Who 18.04.22

StrangeCry
Steam version, yes, they have a difference, they have protection, but the GOG version has no differences.

s
samurai75 18.04.22

StrangeCry
Yes, there are no bugs there, people have stupidly configured and overclocked computers

s
saa0891 18.04.22

The only difference is that on Steam you will automatically install patches, but in a pirate you will have to do it manually, also with DLC, there are no other differences at all (the game doesn’t even have protection), unless it’s some kind of cut repack, but this is always written in the description.

Y
Yaroslav Bondarev 18.04.22

What kind of bugs are we talking about, if it’s like: after the death of Geralt, his corpse ridiculously flies up, then these are trifles. but they are everywhere.

s
seffko 18.04.22

saa0891
Install DLC in steam with handles :(

R
Ryogi Shiki 18.04.22

license
for 150 hours of play, I crashed 1 time for an absolutely incomprehensible reason (the game just closed and that's it), for those parts there were no more problems,

but bugs related to quests and physics that are present in extreme cases, that is, there are few of them, which on a pirate, which is on a license. they are treated either by loading an early save, or with patch releases

s
saa0891 18.04.22

seffko

In addition to the last two, everything was automatically loaded for me, and what to do there, I clicked install and that's it.

B
Beringer 18.04.22

First of all, the license is the absence of gembel in the search for DLCs and patches, their installation, checking for viruses. I went into the game and immediately the whole service. In addition, understanding what supported the developers, including you, to whom they, in turn, are grateful for supporting their work. The game is really worth it, even as a respect to the developers to buy it IMHO.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 18.04.22

samurai75
In fact, I haven’t had a single bug yet, I don’t understand what the problem is with these people, the brain is the size of a walnut or crooked hands?

S
Strange Cry 18.04.22

Pavel0198
Oh! Is there really such a thing! And tell me, please, sir, do you also have a bug with mutagens? Or just "the toy plays well, but don't care about the numbers"?

A
Alex Coachman 18.04.22

MaXuS_Who
No Steam version of protection. You can run it without Steam.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 18.04.22

StrangeCry
You won't believe it, but there is no bug. If you have something wrong with your eyesight or with your hands, then this is purely your problem.
Let me guess, you gave me a minus)

F
FoCus-Real 18.04.22

Played the game twice and never crashed! there was only one bug met 2 times !!! when he just got stuck in a bush with a horse, and when he found a buttercup after this mission, he also got stuck in a bush and that's it !!!!!

S
SwedovSandr 18.04.22

I have a Steam version, and I also confirm that there are practically no tanks in the game that would interfere with enjoying the game, I don’t regret a bit that I bought it. Today I made another pre-order for two big additions

. What the hell are you minus those who write that there are no bugs ??? Are we to blame for the fact that the game almost does not work for us ??

S
Strange Cry 18.04.22

SwedovSandr
Downvoted for objectionable and tactless messages, and not for the lack of bugs. You, as you can see, have no minuses (you may even be in the black).

Pavel0198
Yes, you are a telepath, father! I suppose you also think that you have disadvantages due to the lack of bugs)). And on the topic, again, you're a telepath - I won't believe it! But it's a pity, I really wanted to hear an adequate answer to this question, because only those who had a problem unsubscribed in the topic about this, and those who "without bugs", damn it, including the logic, what are they doing here at all?) )

TheCyber
​​Add, please, you have a license or a pirate. The topic is just about this, and not just about bugs.

s
samurai75 18.04.22

StrangeCry
So you are a fool and they wrote from what there may be bugs, read reposts out of the box

B
Beringer 18.04.22

On different computers in different ways and most often because of firewood. I have periodic crashes on the 980 overclocked from the factory. The brother plays on the beech, the game never crashed in 100+ hours. So who is lucky with the system.

S
Strange Cry 18.04.22

samurai75, halamore
This is not about those bugs that are related to the system (crashes, friezes, etc.), but about exclusively game ones: incorrectly working bonuses from mutagens, buggy quests (although I didn’t get to such bugs myself, so nothing I can say), drowners floating out of the water into the sky, like that.

But from everything that I learned, I can draw a conclusion, albeit ambiguous, that there should not be a difference. But I will still buy a license and check it for sure. If 150 bucks for a collectible can be squeezed, then 15 for a key for one of the best games of all time is definitely not a pity!

s
samurai75 18.04.22

Well, I don’t know, I didn’t encounter such a person as you described above from GOGI

S
SwedovSandr 18.04.22

StrangeCry
specifically about bugs: Personally, I have not noticed bugs since the fourth patch... NEITHER INSIDE THE GAME, NOR RELATED TO THE SYSTEM. Apparently, as already mentioned, bugs appear on certain configurations and, computer settings :) There is another explanation why some have bugs and others do not have them, I do not see