3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
7Rain7 18.04.22 11:45 pm

Artificial intelligence

Just watched the movie - Out of the car. The movie was good, but I didn't like the ending. But because of their subjective thoughts.
It is clear that the film, it is clear that fantasy and there are a lot of blunders and inconsistencies, but if this is discarded, the film is beautiful and interesting. Who watched, what do you think, who was right, the one who created such a mind, or that young tester? In principle, I liked the finale of the film, because. he is logical. The created mind outwitted the genius who created it and killed the creator. I won't post spoilers, I'm interested in what people think who have seen the movie. I will express mine later.
PS: Moderators, do not move to the cinema, everything and everyone has already died there, at least we can discuss it here.
PPS: I recommend viewing.
23 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 18.04.22

Of course, fantasy, because at the present moment in games AI cannot be brought to mind, bots are like stupid idiots, I didn’t really like the film ...

PS: and to that creator of androids, I would advise you to read Isaac Asimov.

7Rain7 18.04.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
and that creator of androids, I would advise you to read Isaac Asimov.
Well, he created prototypes, test samples. And as you can see in the film, the inventor himself was not sure if his creations were artificial intelligence, so perhaps they did not bother with the implementation of Asimov's three laws.

J
Just stand 18.04.22

There are interesting ideas in the field of Sci-fi, but everything related to Ava is disgustingly banal. I liked it rather than not, but to be deleted, and I don’t remember about it anymore. And I’ll leave interesting moments in the piggy bank of sci-fi, for the detection of the secondary nature of other films and books.

S
SUSUL1 18.04.22

Evil Spirit of Yambuya
If you remember, then in Asimov the robots did not bother about saving another life and nafig streilized the entire galaxy in the name of man.

J
Just stand 18.04.22

SUSUL1
I have not yet reached this thing. In general, I always believed that Asimov stepped over the topic of robots. The theme of man prevailed in 100% of 100 in his works. Such a fantasy of the future. Fiction for fiction, if we take into account the period of writing.

E

So, who kills, the gun or the finger that pulled the trigger?

s
saa0891 18.04.22

NASA has already created Skynet, we are waiting for the continuation.
pix.playground.ru

S
SUSUL1 18.04.22

Just Stand
this point is discussed in the latest book "Academy"

t
technopank 18.04.22

7Rain7
From Turing's point of view, genius is a moron.
The fact is that we are formed as a result of a single spermatozoon and, having been born, we don’t even know how to look at the world, because they still don’t get used to the muscles of the eyes, we don’t know how to grab objects, throw them, speak, laugh, express emotions, and only at intervals we learn this naturally through the people around us. In the case of AI, unfortunately, this will not happen, the fact is that the artificial environment does not need evolution, AI will not adapt to the specific conditions of our life, we breathe air, sleep, eat, this disappears for AI, as well as diseases, dangerous places and so on. In any end, AI becomes more ideal than a person, and unfortunately it is a person in this case that will be superfluous, like a fat, nasty pimple on the body of AI, which I think will be clear in the end. And the film is unfortunately too idealistic from a human point of view.
Evil Spirit Yambuya
Paradoxically, it is the bullet that kills, since the gun is just a death mechanism, and the bullet is the key end result. In general, if you take it initially, it kills the creator (s) of the gun.

U
Unreal Man 18.04.22

The film is normal, the plot is good, only the underdeveloped tester was nervous, who is like a programmer, but judging by his speech, one gets the impression that he is a complete down. The car is normal, so cute and cunning, like all women. She circled the mzhiks around her finger, stabbed one, closed the second and dumped them to explore the world around them. It’s good that machines don’t know how to breed, otherwise they would give birth to their own kind of cunning women - there would be no life for peasants in general)))
As for AI, Stephen Hawking himself expressed concerns about it. Theoretically, in order for AI to reach the level of the current Homo Sapiens, it will not have to go through such a long path of evolution, as a result of which the human brain was formed. It will take AI, say, a few days (depending on the computing power of the equipment on which it operates) to reach the level of human intelligence. But this is in theory, in practice everything is very sad. The film is good because it describes the situation when AI has learned to bluff, cheat and play on human feelings, which is not yet possible at this stage of AI development. But in general, the emergence of neurochips (as far as I remember, one of the IBM divisions is doing this) may change the situation for the better for AI, but it may not be the best option for the people themselves.

A
A.Soldier of Light 18.04.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
Kills the one who pulled the trigger. In this, however, there may be an exception: if you put a weapon in your hand and press it, but without your consent (forcibly, in short, or when you are sleeping). Formally, you pressed, but there was no desire, and you will not be really guilty. But the gun definitely cannot be guilty)

7Rain7 Just watched
the movie - From the car. The movie was good, but I didn't like the ending.
The ending is a lot of creepy there, unexpectedly (but it's even better). And the name was translated strangely, it doesn’t sound like ours.

The main problems (questions) that I put on this topic:
1. If they can transfer / copy (digitize) a person's consciousness into a computer, then what about the soul? The question already assumes that there is a soul, yes...
2. And will the new element feel like a human: will all instincts disappear when digitized or not? There will be no hormones, which means that the sensations are completely different (no physical / chemical sensations).
3. Will the human body itself remain alive or will it die? If consciousness is transferred and not copied?

Regarding full AI:
A set of programs and algorithms that can endlessly rewrite themselves, create new ones and solve absolutely any problems, if the computing power of machine elements and the knowledge of all mankind allow it ... Is this artificial intelligence? Whole full. For such a machine, in principle, there can be no barriers in the form of the laws of robotics or any other laws, the machine will take into account other nuances: the ability to disable / destroy itself by a person. Will man be recognized by the i-intelligence as a threat to his existence or not? Or will AI solve all our problems (wars, violence, famine, etc.) in the easiest way: the destruction of 99% of the population?...

E

With all these AI and other technocratic-technological shushara, you can slide into this .... but. I think that's what it's all about, unfortunately

L
Le Gaspilleur 18.04.22

...and the first interplanetary chess tournament in the history of the universe will take place in New Vasyuki

7Rain7 18.04.22

pinkie
Duck is you and there is a creation - artificial intelligence)). Well, they haven’t finalized a bit, well, the software is buggy like Windows 10 now. Well, they didn't optimize it like the last Batman. They will fix it with patches over time.

S
Silencio 18.04.22

7Rain7
yes no, he is not AI, he is a log from which Pinocchio was cut ^^

7Rain7 18.04.22

Silencio
Why insult Pinocchio?

S
Silencio 18.04.22

7Rain7
read more carefully - the log from which Pinocchio was cut

R
Richards 18.04.22

it is impossible to create a mechanical robotic artificial intelligence, it will not feel pain, this will have a deplorable effect on people.

C
Cule_R_uliT 18.04.22

If this "genius" did not provide anything that could pacify this AI, then he is not a genius. In the MOST extreme case, you can put a plastid charge there with a radio detonator (energy turned off - self-propelled kirdyk. Yes, there is a chance of accidental operation, but safety is never superfluous)

r
rPeBoJL 18.04.22

sometimes in the morning there is a feeling that today you are a terminator)
Spoiler