3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 20.04.22 12:02 am

FX game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I ask users of FX processors to respond. I thought about the upgrade for a long time and decided to build a system based on the FX-8320. How do you like optimization on FX processors?
58 Comments
Sort by:
c
coldblood 20.04.22

Mercurionio
Well, if for you drawdowns up to 40 fps on i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz with minimal graphics settings is a great job, then for me it's not.

T
Tonatiu 20.04.22

8350+290 excellent flight

M
Mercurionio 20.04.22

Cold Blood
well here xs.

V
VOX93 20.04.22

fx 6300 --- flight norms

X
Xenol 20.04.22

I have an Fx-8320 overclocked to 4.6 (23x201 / 1.45V) and a video card 780 (7% overclock). I don't complain at all. Specifically, in the Witcher, everything at high game gives out 50-60 FPS

Z
ZtalkerZhuha 20.04.22

8320 - 4.2 GHz and 760, at high 35-40 fps. The game is generally not demanding on the processor, I hung the processing of Physix on it and the FPS increased from 30-35 to 35-40.

V
VOX93 20.04.22

HoganHog
and why is it bad fx-6300? I play with my head.

A
ALEXEY21 20.04.22

At one time, I myself wanted to assemble a system for work (3D graphics + engineering calculations) and games with this processor (with a reserve for a future upgrade of the video card), but did not find the ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX / GEN3 R2.0 motherboard for sale (supports PCI-E 3.0, Yes I would =)). This processor at that time was a good choice in terms of price / performance ratio (I assembled a system for a friend with an FX-8350 in games I didn’t notice a difference with i7 at all, it only heats up more, but for that money it was a sin to complain), in any case, the choice is yours !

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.04.22

Cold Blood
I wonder how the system boots up? Have you tried monitoring with MSI Afterburner?

c
coldblood 20.04.22

Den-z2011
On the MSI Afterburner graph, FPS dips clearly coincide with the load on the processor cores (loading at some points for all cores up to 98-100%). The processor calculates in cities, something that is not even in the frame (NPC?), since there are exactly the same drawdowns in the dungeons of Novigrad, where from all the graphics there are empty corridors with a minimum of details and objects.

T
Tonatiu 20.04.22

HoganHog
honestly doesn’t know about the comparison of r9 290 and HD7870, the first system with this stone was always on the green on the 660ti, but the card began to play tricks and I changed it to red under warranty, I don’t note any particular sharpness or smoothness, I’m not a perfectionist. the system was going cheap and angrily.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.04.22

Cold Blood
Is it on the minimum wage?

c
coldblood 20.04.22

Den-z2011
Yeah, turning on the high settings instead of the minimum reduces the fps by another 5-8 frames. I have Dying Light and Far Cry 4 at near-maximum graphics settings show better minimum fps anywhere on the map than Witcher 3 at minimum settings in Novigrad. It seems that complaints about performance degradation went after patch 1.3. At the time of release, it seemed to be better.
The developers honestly indicated my processor in minimum wages and the game is basically playable on it, but I don’t understand why so many processor resources are spent in cities.

H
Hogan Hog 20.04.22

Xtreme1993
Games are made in (pathos) in Adno-threaded mode, and AMD processors are multi-threaded! I mean, PHENOM 975 percent is cooler in games of any FX, but only in games, and most importantly, do not combine cards and processors from different "colors", that means AMD and ATI Radeon, AND VICE VERSA! We were promised RED about 2 years ago that the games of the future will work in multi-threaded mode............and everything is dead!.............If someone did not understand, then Crysis on AMD works better than on intal, and it also applies to vidyukha............. YES, but where is this one now ..... They sent us (RED) guys, AHA R 300 came out .It's a piece of shit, on the chip it's also shit 1050- PAZOR!

V
VOX93 20.04.22

HoganHog
You are wrong about the combination of video cards and processors, there is absolutely no difference, because this hardware is interconnected only by the name AMD, in terms of performance, if you add a card from nVidia to the AMD processor, it will definitely not be worse.

B
Be3yH4eG 20.04.22

I play .. everything on ultra, except for the hair. No problem.

s
shvetsov0711 20.04.22

8320 + 760, everything at max except hair (completely disabled), draw distance and shadows at high. FPS from 24 in the most difficult places and 35-40 on average. In The Witcher, the video card is the main thing, definitely.

c
cayenne777 20.04.22

To overclock the 8320 normally, you need an expensive motherboard and an equally expensive cooler. For the core i5 4460, a cheap motherboard and a cheap cooler will do. I mean, if you assemble a new system unit, then the assembly with the cheapest i5 will be the same price as the assembly with 8320, but with i5 you won’t have to bother with overclocking, cooling, you will pay a little less for electricity and for it better optimized games. But when games begin to fully use 8 cores, then 8320 will become obsolete