3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lord Voldemort 23.04.22 12:48 am

Is time travel possible?

Quite a few films have been made about time travel, books have been written, games have been created, but they all adhere to one of the 3 main hypotheses.
1. Travel is possible both in the past and in the future in any era.
2. Perhaps, but only within the limits of your life.
3. Perhaps, but only to the past and back to the present, because the future has not yet arrived.
And what do you think. It is possible whether time travel will be in reality or it will remain a fantasy of writers.
And if possible, which of the 3 options would be most likely.
134 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sieg Murr 23.04.22

Elves know how to do this.

P
Pie without an opinion 23.04.22

Is time travel possible?
Through hypnosis, you can clearly see the past

C
Cade Skywalker 23.04.22

You can return to the past. In other matters, as in the future. Infa 100%. Watch the movie "Forward to the Past!".

K
KAiN[tmb] 23.04.22

Option 1, but with only one condition - if you take something strong

R
Ryabinio 23.04.22

Smoke herbs and you will see the past, the future, and the parallel present.
http://infametr.ru/infa/6819718
http://infametr.ru/infa/6819727
http://infametr.ru/infa/6819738

U
Uncle Dan 23.04.22

Lord Voldemort
is a Norcomman in the galley?

B
BeerMan 23.04.22

I once saved Rome from geese under mushrooms.

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

Was there a lemon?

T
Threat to Society 23.04.22

3. Perhaps, but only to the past and back to the present, because the future has not yet arrived.

What bullshit. What does "the future has not come" mean? For me 5 minutes ago, I am the future. What happens if I don't exist?

2. Perhaps, but only within the limits of your life.

Very unlikely. I can’t immediately understand where this hypothesis comes from, but a person is constantly changing. I'm not the same person at 30 as I was at 10. It is possible, or will be possible, even to affect the structure of DNA, and many other things in the body. The result will be that I will no longer be the same person that I was at 10 years old. What defines life as one's own? Unless there is some physical characteristic, but they change, or they can be changed by intervention.

1. Travel is possible both in the past and in the future in any era.

Ugh, why not. Most likely, the time line is not continuous, where there is only one self, but is divided into peculiar "slots" (it's hard to say what time period), and each of these "slots" is a separate universe. You can travel both forward and backward. It is also theoretically possible to meet oneself, because as I said a person changes every second (faster, but these are details), and even having rolled back for a second, I will no longer meet "myself".

l
l666INFERNO999l 23.04.22

I see the future, sometimes I have dreams and then come true.

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

MetalEagle in a binge

Yes, yes, Madam, as you say :)

ZY . About number 2. I think it means that you can go forward / backward in time, but "settle" in your body. That is, if you are 20 right now, and you go to a time when you are 10 years old, then your body will be childish, and the brain of a 20-year-old ... Something like this ...

T

l666INFERNO999l

sometimes I have dreams and then they come true.

And you saw yourself as a troll of this topic, presumably?

Fox

Don't f**k. I do not claim the Nobel Prize, only reasoning. So smart, give the theory, not f**k.

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

Why so aggressive? And I already expressed my thoughts a little higher ...

V
Volt123 23.04.22

Yes, you can. Watch the movie "Mr Nobody" and read Terry Pratchett's book "The Thief of Time".
It talks a lot about time travel, and all the theories are pretty plausible.

W
Witke 23.04.22

According to one theory it is possible. Having reached the center of the Universe (the intersection of the axis of time and space), you can get to any point in space and time, unless of course you are destroyed by the monstrous force of attraction of the center of the Universe, caused by the largest Black Hole.

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

Shepard did it, yeah.

T

Fox

Why so aggressive?

I don't like being trolled.

About number 2. I think it means that you can go forward / backward in time, but "settle" in your body. That is, if you are 20 right now, and you go to a time when you are 10 years old, then your body will be childish, and the brain of a 20-year-old ... Something like this ..

If you move into your body, then where does the "original" go ? :P In the sense of the mind.

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

If you move into your body, then where does the "original" go? :P In the sense of the mind.

Probably fades into the background...

T

Fox fades

into the background, probably ...

If we proceed from the theory that time is a solid line, and not a "per-slot" (in Nubian language) system consisting of separate universes for each moment of time, then such a relocation would lead to a violation of the space-time continuum , because at that moment when you were young you had to invent a nuclear bomb (for example), the old you went and got drunk on vodka. Because of such a discrepancy, the entire future will be destroyed, and possibly the entire timeline as a whole. So hardly. Although with the "slot" system of time it is possible. Then the "cell" that forms this Universe will either self-destruct or form a parallel time line, taking into account the changed events (ie, parallel reality).

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

Did you look back to the future? =)